Tottenham vs QPR (away) - THE RYAN NELSEN DERBY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think the match was influenced by who started the match thread.

Shite, Chelski just got a (own) goal away to Stoke on stroke of half time

So many people seem to think that to break down a team you just need that one player who can make a killer pass. Do none of you remember when we had Modric and yet still struggled to break down teams that decided to park the bus?

Breaking down a defensive team isn't one player's responsibility, it's the teams. You need consistent pressure, loads of movement off the ball and the confidence to have a go, to test the keeper. It's not a simple case of we buy Moutinho and then automatically win games like this, or we buy Damiao and all the chances will go in.

For me the responsibility for this result is AVB's for not switching up the tactics when QPR's game plan became apparent, though I wasn't able to watch the match, so obviously I can't reaaally comment.

Are you serious?
Do you seriously not understand the difference between Defoe/Ade and Rooney/RVP?
Or the difference between potential impact subs Dempsey/Sigg and Hernandez/Welbeck/Young?
MU and MC get the 3 points because their players are better. And even when they're having an off day, they are still better than most.
Is it really so hard to understand?

In your haste, you have completely missed my point, i'm not talking about the quality of individual players, more the mental strength and belief of the entire team, we seemed to have run out of ideas towards the end, and QPR even mustered a couple half chances on the break.

MU, MC, Chelsea all have players that can be considered better than ours, but not by the huge margin you seem to be suggesting. Indeed many would argue that a midfield of Lennon, Bale, Dembele, Sandro, Parker, Huddlestone has no reason to fear any team in this division, but your entitled to your opinion on that.

I like to compare boring first/second halfs and sometimes games.

This was the most boring game and effort from Tottenham for this season if you ask me.

The first half of Fulham vs Tottenham is a contender but not close to the complete 93 minutes of utter boring this was.

If Ade has more confidence or we have a top class striker then we score early and the game gets a lot easier for us. We fluffed the few chances we had and we got a draw.

Not the worst result, there are very few teams that can break 11 men behind the ball and we gained 1 more point at Loftus Road than we did last season. Fixture for fixture we are up 4 points over last season!

In your haste, you have completely missed my point, i'm not talking about the quality of individual players, more the mental strength and belief of the entire team, we seemed to have run out of ideas towards the end
Surely being a better player also means having a stronger mentality and a much more varied set of skills, do you not agree?
Ran out of ideas towards the end you say? When that happens with teams like MU/MC, they bring on their Chicharitos and Dzekos... Do we have anyone on our bench, who can make a difference?

Just one of those days. QPR were about as negative as Stoke, which is a massive disappointment IMO seeing as they have bought so many attacking midfielders and wingers. Not to mention a proven PL striker sitting on the bench who basically saved them from relegation singlehandedly last year. Harry has let himself down today as more draws are not going to save them. They need at least 22 points from their last 16 games. Real real trouble.

Agree that we have to find more creative ways of breaking teams down, but I'm not incredibly worried about that. We have match-winners in the team but Lennon and Bale were very effectively nullified today. In a more open game where our opposition is actually trying to win the fucking game we'd have seen more of the goal. A couple players in could be make or break once again this season. Sandro out for any long stretch would give Scotty a nice run but could be disastrous as he's been in incredible form this year.

Also as an aside, we've had far too many early games this year. By my count last season we only had seven kickoffs before 1:30 pm GMT. This season we've already had six, with FOUR of them being 12:45 kickoffs. We've only won one of those early starts, away to Sunderland (where we went behind and apart from a ten-minute spell after the half were far from convincing). We do seem to come out a bit flat in these early games. We're getting fucked by the scheduling committee and the whole PL/Sky set-up. Aware that the NLD/Chavs games are always gonna be early due to policing etc. but still, six early games halfway through the season is bullshit.

Poor old Tottenham, just not a top team. Cant spend the money. I will red card the attitude. This game requires players understanding each other as well as the other team and their motives.

Today QPR invited our backline to take some chances... "come forward and just try a through pass or spray one out wide, we dare you to bring em up. If it goes wrong we will stun you with the type of goal you have felt before."

We obliged said dare by stating we can break you down with the players we have without taking chances at the back. We will score our goal, you will be required to break formation and then...

Result: divide the pie. Hardly a surprise.

I was thinking Old Arry was trying to pull the old Rope-A-Dope on AVB with those tactics and formation........

Instead, he made the CFC Champions League club run look like Barcelona vs what QPR dropped today. Shocking stuff

Bottom of the table and conceding two points at Home in a Relegation battle ? Interesting approach

Either way, one of those days...............no doubt

Ade bollocks.........

Dembele shocking......

AL , Defoe , Bale invisible

And M. Dawson trying to impersonate last year's Luka Modric....You know your in trouble when that's happening.

Oh well........bring on United at the Lane where the footy will be much more positive on both sides. COYS

And flying under the radar today

Kyle Walker was his usual sh_ite self..........

SWP got around him clear at least 3x times today..........Walker's positioning is horrible and is caught ball-watching so many times as players get behind him.

A more technical player would have buried those chances

This had bore draw written all over it before kick off, I'm not suprised they parked the bus. It's not the end of the world, we lost here last year and still finished fourth.

Back
Top Bottom