Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think Lamela has shown he is good enough to start but while he is in the squad, if he is playing better than anyone else he should be selected.

That's why we fall short.

Kane starting in the CL final was one such example and there are numerous others.

Play players in form.

Would rather see Lamela brought off the bench to fuck someone's legs up, than start him. Don't think he's good enough for a starting place now, especially considering the options we now have in midfield...Son, Moura, Lo Celso, Ndombele, Winks, Sissoko, Alli...

I'm sure if either Son, Lo Celso or Alli had been available, Lamela wouldn't have been in the starting line-up on Saturday.

Poch really has a weird way of showing Lamela how much he doesn't rate him.

Starting him first game of the season.

Must hate him.

Another window gone, another unsold.

Not bad for a guy sold in 2014.

I love Lamela, if he can stay fit I’d have him on the bench every game.

Just a different attacking option, and better than other options we currently have at the club.

Who else in the current squad would you have the bench ahead of him.

Lamela and Rose.

They are like the blokes in your pub or your nightclub who you look at and think, how do you pull so many women/men?

Until they both leave the club these 2 will completely divide opinion.

I guess my take is that because they both will get on the dancefloor and give their all, lots of people who don't think they are worth a punt.

Lamela and Rose.

They are like the blokes in your pub or your nightclub who you look at and think, how do you pull so many women/men?

Until they both leave the club these 2 will completely divide opinion.

I guess my take is that because they both will get on the dancefloor and give their all, lots of people who don't think they are worth a punt.
Lots of people who are wrong.

Poch knows more than any.

If he wasn't good enough, he's had since 2013 to gauge it.

Personally, I think he's a filthy bastard of the first order who, at the right moment, is a killer impact sub. He gets in other player's faces, causes them problems, breathes down their necks. He's quite fast, aggressive, can dribble and is pretty good at getting into spaces that cause defenders problems. He's also greedy and doesn't always check the best options before firing one at the net but he's hardly alone there. Biggest minus is that he appears to have the bones of a sparrow which is why I'd be careful playing him 90 mins match after match.

Best thing: this season he's got the wicked glint of a world dominating maniac in his eyes. I know he's had plenty of opportunities but I reckon this could be his time to shine.

Either you didn’t read the question right or you’d put The majority of our attack on the bench?

Whose playing on the field?

Well Lamela played on Saturday because Dele was injured so was Eriksen according to Poch, Lo Celso and Sess weren't ready and Sonny was suspended, I doubt all 5 of these dudes are going to be playing at the same time so.........

Last edited:
I love Lamela, the roll of the foot over the ball, the tricks, the subtle passes, he's great to watch. Yes, he doesn't score half as many goals as you want, can be frustrating when he loses possession however the reason he's picked is because he's actually a very well rounded player.

When you consider Poch puts high emphasis on fitness, its no surprise Lamela is selected because the guy has a great attitude, keeps going and never drops his head. And when you consider he's an attacking player, he actually does a huge amount of defensive work (defensive stats are impressive) he gets back, covers ground etc.

Going back to the frustrating part, what i find more frustrating than players losing possession, is players who give up. And that's why he's selected, hes a team player. Much like Sissoko who is prone to losing possession, his fitness is incredible, and hes a team player. Honestly, if we want to win the league, its all about teamwork. I honestly think this might be Lamela's season.

Well Lamela played on Saturday because Dele was injured so was Eriksen according to Poch, Lo Celso and Sess weren't ready and Sonny was suspended, I doubt all 5 of these dudes are going to be playing at the same time so.........

So......
With that list, who would you have put on the pitch instead of Lamela?
Presume Ericsson.
Therefore who are you putting on the bench in Ericsson’s place?

P8joHa8.png

KWP wins the ball back.
TopYLCL.png

Sizes up his options.
da2dnA2.png

Static front 3. Lamela not open for a pass.
dbaiQau.png

Options?
UaLQxWc.png

Lamela hiding in Grealish's cover shadow. Sissoko hiding behind Lamela.
lPoDMCW.png

KWP forced backwards. Gang of 4 waiting for a bus.
LrmoUuE.png

KWP decides to have another go. Lamela doesn't want to know.
7d55J2M.png

KWP turns back again. Sissoko with the advice. Front 3 offering nothing.

^ Not really the fairest analysis to pick out Lamela on that as all of our attacking players (and midfielders even) were guilty of stopping and waiting in the attacking third in that first half especially. They all did that repeatedly.

^ Not really the fairest analysis to pick out Lamela on that as all of our attacking players (and midfielders even) were guilty of stopping and waiting in the attacking third in that first half especially. They all did that repeatedly.
Well fuck off and do your own then. I said the front 3/4 were all standing there with their cocks in their hand.

I have several issues with the way we played in that game. A vacuum in midfield. The tip of our diamond avoiding creative responsibility. A front 2 that does not work. A shameful lack of support play in general.

To leave a kid who has never had a run of games for us hanging like that is shameful.

Back
Top Bottom