Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
Someone said something interesting to me a couple of years ago about Pochettino. The majority of the backbone of the team were all at the club prior to him taking over.

Lloris, Rose, Walker, Vertonghen, Dembele, Eriksen, Kane all played a huge part in the strongest team we've seen at Spurs in some time. All were pre-Pochettino era players and when you see what's happened as a few of those have tailed off, it's clear that Poch has struggled to replace them adequately.

Very difficulty to and I'm not going to string him up for it, but even to date 5 of those guys are still not only at the club but still make our teongest XI talent wise inntheir positions. I can see why he signed every player he did in all fairness but as it stands wihnthe old guard slowly fading it's clear that those he's signed to replace them (Aurier, Foyth, Sanchez, Sissoko, Ndombele) haven't his the heights required to even steady the ship. Maybe Sissoko and Ndombele are harsh examples but Aurier and Sanchez as it stands and unless both improve have to be seen as duds.

Davinson reading of the game is of huge concern. He always finds himself the wrong side or lunging in completely unnecessarily. He needs to develop his intelligence or he won't make it at Spurs, the same goes for Aurier but then I think his goose is already cooked. Tough times for Poch to show his nous in the market as time goes on, he needs to show he can develop new layers to the team and the fact that after 6 years he's still so reliant on Eriksen and nobody can fill in is a huge concern.
good post

Name them.

He doesnt have to name them....you seem to think because "Dave on the internet" cant name someone, then that person manager doesnt exist.

How do you know Eddie Howe couldnt come in do a better job?

Heres a better challenge. Name every fucking manager in Europe and tell me why they WONT be better.

Name them.

Based on where we are as a club and what fits within our way of operating, I'm keeping my eye on the new guy at Southampton Hasenhutl, the Dortmund manager Favre, I was impressed with how Ajax set up last year and their guy cannot be ruled out as well as the old Juventus manager Allegri.

Zidane would expect far too much from us based on transfer kitty and wages, expectations of our club etc and I think he thinks he can only work for the best or not at all. I'd even go as far as to say that Ancelotti wouldn't be a bad shout should it come to the crunch and then there's Rafa Benitez who has demonstrated time and again that he knows how to structure a football club.

Just my opinion though but I think Zidane is just a little too Football Manager for me, I think he'd be a bit too much of a prima donna for a club based on where we are at as it stands.

Based on where we are as a club and what fits within our way of operating, I'm keeping my eye on the new guy at Southampton Hasenhutl, the Dortmund manager Favre, I was impressed with how Ajax set up last year and their guy cannot be ruled out as well as the old Juventus manager Allegri.

Zidane would expect far too much from us based on transfer kitty and wages, expectations of our club etc and I think he thinks he can only work for the best or not at all. I'd even go as far as to say that Ancelotti wouldn't be a bad shout should it come to the crunch and then there's Rafa Benitez who has demonstrated time and again that he knows how to structure a football club.

Just my opinion though but I think Zidane is just a little too Football Manager for me, I think he'd be a bit too much of a prima donna for a club based on where we are at as it stands.

Fair enough. Thanks.

Name them

Its all you´ve got. A morons guide to why we cant change manager......"People on a forum dont know who the manager of Salzburg is so he cant be good"

Prick

I think they do though otherwise it just makes one look like a coward.

He answered me and I respect that even if I don't necessarily agree.

Try it some time, twat.

Zidane is too far up his own arse to even consider a job at Spurs. I also think there's better fits for us elsewhere as well mate.
Yeah I think we would be too small for him. He might end up at PSG. We probably need someone with a long term plan who wants to stick around fairly long. Rather than these 3 year max managers.

I think they do though otherwise it just makes one look like a coward.

He answered me and I respect that even if I don't necessarily agree.

Try it some time, twat.

Then youre a coward because you cant name all the managers in Europe and prove they wouldnt improve us.....you talk fucking shit mate, trying to put the knowledge of someone with a user name along the lines of "Spursboy1982" on the same level as the Spurs recruitment team and chairman.

Name them.
Hasenhütl, Favre, Benitez, Gasperini and Marcelino would be my go tos. With Qique Setien as an outsider.

Most of them are currently under contract elsewhere but that can always be handled but Marcelino in particular is available. And Rafa is going to be back in England looking for work before too long once he wants to move back closer to his wife and kids.

That being said ideally Poch finds a way out of his funk and takes his next steps as a manager with us.

Hasenhütl, Favre, Benitez, Gasperini and Marcelino would be my go tos. With Qique Setien as an outsider.

Most of them are currently under contract elsewhere but that can always be handled but Marcelino in particular is available. And Rafa is going to be back in England looking for work before too long once he wants to move back closer to his wife and kids.

That being said ideally Poch finds a way out of his funk and takes his next steps as a manager with us.

I'd absolutely hate having Rafa as our manager. Same with Jose. Both way past their peak. It's 2019 not 2009!

The rest? Woeful list.

I'd absolutely hate having Rafa as our manager. Same with Jose. Both way past their peak. It's 2019 not 2009!

The rest? Woeful list.
I disagree. Rafa is in my opinion far from past it. He's a tactically astute manager who knows how to build a good group dynamic. Rafa would definitely get a song out of our squad. To equate Rafa to Jose is like saying an apple is a pear in my opinion.

As for the rest. All of them are tactically astute managers who would work well with our squads based upon their current/previous teams setups.

If you set the bar for who takes over after Poch the day he inevitably leaves at Zidane you're gonna be disappointed.

The rest? Woeful list.

Not trying to change your mind as each to their own and all that... but I do think it's fair to think that hiring a manager who has won a lot in the past isn't the worst idea. I would feel pretty confident that Benitez or Jose would win us some silverware over a five year period, based on what they've achieved I don't think that's too outlandish.

I can't stand listening to the "it's the same old Spurs, bottlers, perennial underachievers" shit in the media anymore.

If Poch is positive, focused and still taking us forwards and upwards then great, but if he spouts negative stuff in the press again and we seem over the next few months like we're not improving, I don't think it would be crazy to hire a proven winner.

I disagree. Rafa is in my opinion far from past it. He's a tactically astute manager who knows how to build a good group dynamic. Rafa would definitely get a song out of our squad. To equate Rafa to Jose is like saying an apple is a pear in my opinion.

As for the rest. All of them are tactically astute managers who would work well with our squads based upon their current/previous teams setups.

If you set the bar for who takes over after Poch the day he inevitably leaves at Zidane you're gonna be disappointed.

Didn't say Rafa was past it only that he is past his peak. He did okay at Newcastle because expectations were so low, before that he was utterly shit at Real and was sacked.

Appoint him and we're basically giving up on any pretensions of being a big club.

Never said I wanted Zidane my friend.

Back
Top Bottom