What was the first game you went to?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I went that game too. There were, I assume, Woolwich fans throwing stones into the ground. Saw a Spurs fan covered in blood.

I went to the first game at Hillsborough. It was so packed it was unbelievable. Really dangerous. They put Spurs fans in the Wolves end and sat them around the pitch - it was that crowded. Don't know why they carried on playing semis there. I was a kid and thought it was really dangerous. Why didn't the FA realise this ?

Did anyone else go this game and remember the overcrowding ? No one seems to remember it, but it definitely 100% happened.

Sorry to go a bit off thread.

I think that incident has been well documented over the years. Comes up whenever Hillsborough gets talked about.

Spurs v Oxford, April 1987. We won 3-1 and Hoddle scored his last goal for Spurs in the last minute (incredible goal it was too!)

I found some extended highlights of it on Youtube. I'd seen the Hoddle goal countless times but never the full highlights.

Watching this back I'm surpised how many empty seats there are, considering it was Clive Allen's 49 goal season, we finished 3rd in the league, League Cup semi-finalists (after those infamous games against the scum) and were FA Cup runners up.

Spurs v Oxford, April 1987. We won 3-1 and Hoddle scored his last goal for Spurs in the last minute (incredible goal it was too!)

I found some extended highlights of it on Youtube. I'd seen the Hoddle goal countless times but never the full highlights.

Watching this back I'm surpised how many empty seats there are, considering it was Clive Allen's 49 goal season, we finished 3rd in the league, League Cup semi-finalists (after those infamous games against the scum) and were FA Cup runners up.

That was my first season going ot any games. We were in the mix for everthing that season and came away with nothing - the low crowd probably a sympton of that.

That was an amazing goal.
You couldn't make it up :)

Tottenham vs. Real Madrid UEFA cup 02/03/1985. We lost 0-1.

I started to be a Spurs fan about 3 years earlier (everybody in Sweden in my age was Liverpool or Manchester United fans) but me and my friend goes against the grain and with players like Ardiles, Archibald etc. at that time it somehow was an easy choice.

Since than I have only seen one game at home (away from home) against Liverpool 2017 - the great 4-1 win. And have booked Liecester at home this season in May. (was hoping for that game to be sealing the PL title this year, it doesn´t look that way now).

My daughter's first game was at home to Leeds in Sept '95 - a few months before her 5th birthday.
Her infants and primary school was on Worcester Avenue. Walking back home one day not long before said game, her and and her mum popped into the Spurs shop - as Mabbsey and Cvntball were in there having an autograph session. After patiently standing in line they reached the front, where my daughter proceeded to go very shy. Mabbsey upon seeing this asked her if she wanted to say anything. She then walked forward and whispered in his ear;
"Ar5enal crap shit"
He was really taken aback my wife said and replied;
You mustn't say things like that"
Dunno where she got it from....

spurs V Sheff Wed 1969, think we won,
I was in first year of senior school and took a girl friends younger brother, god knows how we got there, I had never been to WHL before & didn't know anyone who had been there
went by train from Ockendon to Braking then Sth Tottenham station

I was in first year of senior school and took a girl friends younger brother, god knows how we got there, I had never been to WHL before & didn't know anyone who had been there

1st Nov 1969

1-0 (Morgan)

Attendance: 31, 656

I went that game too. There were, I assume, Woolwich fans throwing stones into the ground. Saw a Spurs fan covered in blood.

I went to the first game at Hillsborough. It was so packed it was unbelievable. Really dangerous. They put Spurs fans in the Wolves end and sat them around the pitch - it was that crowded. Don't know why they carried on playing semis there. I was a kid and thought it was really dangerous. Why didn't the FA realise this ?

Did anyone else go this game and remember the overcrowding ? No one seems to remember it, but it definitely 100% happened.

Sorry to go a bit off thread.
Yes I went to both. We drove up to Sheffield and me and my sister were right up the front as we're short-arses. I remember people being let in through the fences surrounding the pitch and it got quite scary. Think it was just good luck that we didn't suffer a worse crushing situation.

Mine too :)

Sure I've already done this, but here goes. November 1969 v Sheffield Wednesday, won 1-0, Roger Morgan with the winner. Do not think he scored many, but don't remember much of the game TBH, but I do recall walking into the ground for the first time, took my breath away and straight away felt at home. Greaves' last season and Stevie's first. I was thirteen and next month will be my 50th anniversary.
Blimey Mrs P. I were born November 1969

Nottingham Forest at home 90/1. Two weeks before the cup final against the same opposition. Nayim scored. Stood on shelf. Tickets on day. £4 juniors from memory.

I always got a programme from each game so went through them into a spreadsheet years back and updated it ever since. Obviously not buying programmes now these days. Anyway, last season I started using the excellent Groundhopper app. Anyone else use it here?

Also added lots of non-Spurs games I have been to using that.

Back
Top Bottom