January 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Breaking news: Leandro signs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VVaXlEx.jpg
Ugh. That web designer that came up with that background needs to be dragged out and shot. Such low-contrast! Why are there traces of letters in the background? Why the pretentious fraktur font?

AVB opens door to Spurs striker signing :avblol:

Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas has rubbished claims that Jermain Defoe needs surgery, but he has admitted he may still dip his toe in the transfer market for a striker.

Spurs' shock FA Cup exit at Leeds on Sunday exposed a flaw in the make-up of Villas-Boas' squad as he was forced to start with attacking midfielder Clint Dempsey as his lead striker in the absence of Defoe and Emmanuel Adebayor and while he insists he can plot a path to success this season, it seems he is eager to bolster his options in the next couple of days.

Even though he has ruled out an expensive move for Sevilla striker Alvaro Negredo and distanced himself from rumours linking Spurs with a bid for Celtic's Gary Hooper, Villas-Boas seems to be open to a new hit-man being added to his ranks.

"We are happy to take the risk and stay with the strikers we have at the moment, but that doesn't mean we are not looking at other possibilities," stated the Tottenham boss, who has again been linked with Brazilian forward Leandro Damiao in recent days.

"We have had good news on Defoe's injury and it is not true that he will require surgery, so this is extremely important for us and I am also extremely happy with the way Clint Dempsey is playing in the forward position.

"The goal that he scored on Sunday against Leeds showed that. It was a striker kind of goal and he made the run in the first place to score. Obviously, he hasn't been used too often in this position in England, but it doesn't mean he can't play it."

Meanwhile, Villas-Boas is considering handing Lewis Holtby a debut at Carrow Road on Wednesday night following his arrival from Schalke, even though he has only had one training session with his new Tottenham team-mates.

"We rate the player very highly and we managed to get him at a good price," added Villas-Boas. "It was always a question how much Schalke wanted for the player. There was a willingness to come early. We had a chance to bring him and we have added him to the squad.

"He is an extremely talented midfield player, used to playing in different positions and is an excellent addition. He has only had one training session, so we will decide wisely if it's appropriate for him to play."

Villas-Boas has confirmed that Defoe will play at Norwich on Wednesday night after he missed Sunday's FA Cup exit, but midfielder Tom Huddlestone will miss the trip to Carrow Road after picking up an injury in training.

He has also opened the door for Jake Livermore to make a move to QPR in this transfer window after confirming his midfielder has been given a chance to make a decision on his own future.

Also on Holtby ...

"We managed to get him at a good price, it was always a question of how much Schalke would want for the player.
"I think there was willingness from the player to come early so we have decided to add him to the squad - he is an extremely talented attacking midfielder who can play in a variety of roles.

On Hooper ...
"I was never in Scotland seeing the player so I don't know where it came from," he said.
"Obviously I think he is a player of massive talent but he was never mentioned to us."

If anyone is feeling bad about our transfer window dealings, Milan have sold Pato for £15m and bought Balotelli for £20m.
Pato has had 16 different injuries in the last 2 years. Very good if you can keep him fit, but it's a huge if. Balotelli undoubtedly has talent. He's more trouble than he's worth IMO, but he has talent

But wait a second, wasn't Silvio Berlusconi (i.e. the owner of A.C. Milan) quoted just a few weeks ago as saying "Balotelli is a rotten apple [...] I'd never accept him as part of the squad"?

I think someone has been pulling a :levylol:

Pato has had 16 different injuries in the last 2 years. Very good if you can keep him fit, but it's a huge if. Balotelli undoubtedly has talent. He's more trouble than he's worth IMO, but he has talent
This is the bit I have problem with. The only evidence I've ever seen of Balotelli having £20m worth of talent would be his goal in the Euro semi final and lots of people claiming he undoubtedly has talent.

So essentially Milan have signed the striker equivilant of joey Barton for 5 million.

FISH TANK UPDATE

I seem to have brought in the platy John Terry.

While he is the same species as Disco Benny, he lacks DB's likeable charm and amazing flowing top fin. In fact he's quite thuggish. But he's the biggest platy in the tank now, and Disco Benny was unable to defend all the females that oaf impregnated this morning.

It's not DB's fault. It's a team thing. They all need to work together as a squad. I'm disappointed in them.

Seriously, this fish would just NOT LEAVE IT. He was bothering every single ladyfish, repeatedly. And platy mating is kind of awkward.

Dammit!

Also had an incoming zebra fish from the work tank kill himself while I was in a meeting by somehow jumping through the half-centimetre gap I left in the top of his transit cup. I've heard of being loyal to your original club but that's a bit much.

Maretarded Balotelli:

So essentially Milan have signed the striker equivilant of joey Barton for 5 million.

dirty fucking mental Parker-face-stamping-then-not-getting-sent-off-and-scoring-the-decisive-penalty-cunt!

Hope the retarded fucker gets fucked up big time on his debut... not to mention the abuse he'll get next time Milan play Lazio... 'cos Rome is 'well known' for their tolerance of all ethnic minorities!
The cunts deserve each-other!

Maretarded Balotelli:

dirty fucking mental Parker-face-stamping-then-not-getting-sent-off-and-scoring-the-decisive-penalty-cunt!

Hope the retarded fucker gets fucked up big time on his debut... not to mention the abuse he'll get next time Milan play Lazio... 'cos Rome is 'well known' for their tolerance of all ethnic minorities!
The cunts deserve each-other!

LOl can always count on you for a wildly violent outburst. :)

Back
Top Bottom