Tottenham Hotspur v. Watford - 19.10.2019 @ 3 PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bought one but it looks like we needed 2.
If we were going to let Llorente go we needed to replace him.
After what snowkarl snowkarl said above about Sessegnon I will throw in left back as well.

We bring in N'Dombele and Lo Celso, both who can play in CM yet we're under-invested there. We buy a LB/LW replacement, but we've under-invested because Snowkarl doesn't think he's good enough? Llorente I agree with but you will struggle to name a decent striker that wants to sit on the bench until the 85th minute every game.

The only position truly under-invested in is RB and that's on Poch for falling out with Walker and Trippier.

Was at the game so didn't see, apparently they should have had a penalty?
There was a few very borderline ones. The main one being in the first half when Vertonghen slid in. I thought it was 50/50 could go either way, think it was one where they decided it was best to go with the on field ref's decision as it wasn't clear and obvious. Personally if I was the on field ref I think I would have given it but can understand why it wasn't overturned. Actually not too dissimilar to Rose's in the first half or one in the second (can't remember who got brought down) where you could tell they were sort of looking for it.

...and, for what it's worth, for the pricks in the South Stand lower looking at me like I'd just raped their nan and pissed on her body for DARING to stand up and have the TEMERITY to sing during the first half... shame on you... I hope you enjoyed your fucking day out...
I'm sorry it wasn't as pleasing as the American Football... like you'd hoped!

....oh, and you can stick your fucking selfie stick up your Arse!

Clubs can’t win we get a manager who’s/ was the dogs signs a 5 year contract so nobody can poach him or at least in theory can’t but if they do we get compo but a good manager down! Things don’t work out well before the 5 years we want/should get rid but can’t cos we gave him a big contract so we didn’t lose him thinking we were doing the right thing now we end up paying the contract anyway and our GOOD manager isn’t very good anymore.....
D0-F951-BD-F1-B4-4065-B741-9921-EA8336-F2.gif

Think rolling yearly contracts are the way forward!
Then there would be loads of pay rises for the manager every year as he can leave on a free at the end of every season.

We bring in N'Dombele and Lo Celso, both who can play in CM yet we're under-invested there. We buy a LB/LW replacement, but we've under-invested because Snowkarl doesn't think he's good enough? Llorente I agree with but you will struggle to name a decent striker that wants to sit on the bench until the 85th minute every game.

The only position truly under-invested in is RB and that's on Poch for falling out with Walker and Trippier.
I think Lo Celso is expected to play further forward.

There was a few very borderline ones. The main one being in the first half when Vertonghen slid in. I thought it was 50/50 could go either way, think it was one where they decided it was best to go with the on field ref's decision as it wasn't clear and obvious. Personally if I was the on field ref I think I would have given it but can understand why it wasn't overturned. Actually not too dissimilar to Rose's in the first half or one in the second (can't remember who got brought down) where you could tell they were sort of looking for it.
I was right on top of that thought it was a dive to be honest.

Today was unacceptable. We should be putting teams like Watford to bed easily, they were spanked 8-0 by City! We showed fight for the last 5 minutes, what happened to the other 85!

Certain players need to go now. Rose, Alderweireld and Aurier were all terrible. Sanchez I like, but is so error prone.

Glad to see Dele score. Don’t want to see a back 3 again.

Back
Top Bottom