Tottenham Hotspur v. Watford - 19.10.2019 @ 3 PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's not down to the formation it's more a question of mentality. When trailing the opposition we switch to a high pressure all-out attack, and that always seem to make a difference. I would like us to go back to a high pressure, 'cos that wouldn't rely on creativity to create chances. There could be a problem playing Toby and Jan, 'cos after todays match I wouldn't trust them dealing with counters against us.
We've put loads of energy through 352/343 before against teams that sit.

From side...to side...to side...to side....

You can't pick our most turgid formation and expect miracles.

I sometimes think a lot of people simply don't use their brains on here. You do realise we have 3 players going at the end of the season as a result of not giving them new contracts? You don't think if Poch was given yearly contracts he wouldn't be able to have done the same and have fucked off to Real Madrid when it came up with us receiving no compensation?

I am astounded by the lack of respect shown to Poch around here, fair enough if you want him out I can understand the reasons. But saying 'Fuck off Poch' and 'Poch is fucking shit' is nuts considering what he has done for the club and how well we have played under him - do you think he has just suddenly turned to shit overnight? Managing and playing are very different people. (last paragraph isn't directed at you btw)
I was simply pointing how the club can’t win in that scenario re big contract/manager or players losing and money! As for Pochettino other than a post today re Mourinho and a quick fix I for one have never called for Pochettino to go and won’t! I’m fully aware of what we’ve achieved under him and will be forever grateful.

That’s a rancid result and the performance risible.

When a team can not win away and then can’t beat absolute crap at home then trouble really is going to be a companion in the days ahead.

I don’t know the answer. I am not sure whom is accountable for the terrible displays, it’s probably a bit of everything and we as a fan base better get used to looking down and winning the West Ham battle again.

Some liken this to AVB’s final days, but they were not this bad. This is more Hoddle levels of bad and the Pleat 2003/2004 season of Abyss.

When Tottenham, of all teams, put a back 5 and a holding midfielder into a starting line up then the message going out there is that we are gone. And make no mistake this team is gone.
As for Poch, a man I will always have a lot of respect for, I feel he’s done and like the contract rebels he should be gone sooner rather than later. His job is not to get one point and one goal from 180 minutes v the two worst teams in the league ( are we one of the worst too ? )

utterly depressing football club to be around these days. World Class Training ground, World Class Stadium, world class NFL bollocks - means jack shit when you serve up a plate of sick each time you play.

Liverpool and Everton away next. Oh the joy.

let’s stick together and let’s bounce back. Nah. Fuck it. I am not 6 years old and I don’t believe in Spurs or Santa anymore.

Crisis situation, home game against a low form side.

Never mind the result, never mind the implications.

We created 3 shots on goal. I'll repeat that. 3. Shots. On. Goal.

That is not a "reaction". That is a full scale disaster.

So, Liverpool next week will be very telling. If we get absolutely dicked then at least we know, its the players. We just let them grow old, stale and in a couple of cases, complacent. Lack of consistent investment has come home to roost. If however we put up a real fizzer of a performance matching them for intent and intensity then sadly we might have to conclude that its just that they have stopped playing for poch.
If its the first then we are in for a pretty long haul. January tends to be a crap time for business and none of see the money for a radical overhaul being handed over to sort this in a couple of windows. If its poch then with a continued run of form like this even Levy will bite the bullet and pay him off. So at least a quicker end.
The real concern for us all of course is that while all this is going on Kane and a couple of the others (son maybe) decide they have had enough and fuck of to pastures new.

Fuck me it seems we have somehow put ourselves in a glorious position in the last 3 or 4 years to fundamentally change what this club is all about. Right players, right manager, right stadium and the financial clout to compete only to go and fuck it up right at the death. I'm sad.

The project is over.

It was at its peak in our last season at the lane .
We done well at Wembley, but it’s come to an end.

Players running down contracts and a manager that has run out of ideas and doesn’t have the heart for it any more.

I’ve never wanted a season to end so early.

Sadly it’s time for Poch to go. Too Utd I expect. When it happens I don’t know, but it won’t be too long before Utd make an offer for him.

I hate to change the manager and start again, I like the feeling of consistency , but let’s be honest this can’t go on can it.

I agree but I can’t see him at Yanited because I can’t see them sacking Ole yet

RM yes

That’s a rancid result and the performance risible.

When a team can not win away and then can’t beat absolute crap at home then trouble really is going to be a companion in the days ahead.

I don’t know the answer. I am not sure whom is accountable for the terrible displays, it’s probably a bit of everything and we as a fan base better get used to looking down and winning the West Ham battle again.

Some liken this to AVB’s final days, but they were not this bad. This is more Hoddle levels of bad and the Pleat 2003/2004 season of Abyss.

When Tottenham, of all teams, put a back 5 and a holding midfielder into a starting line up then the message going out there is that we are gone. And make no mistake this team is gone.
As for Poch, a man I will always have a lot of respect for, I feel he’s done and like the contract rebels he should be gone sooner rather than later. His job is not to get one point and one goal from 180 minutes v the two worst teams in the league ( are we one of the worst too ? )

utterly depressing football club to be around these days. World Class Training ground, World Class Stadium, world class NFL bollocks - means jack shit when you serve up a plate of sick each time you play.

Liverpool and Everton away next. Oh the joy.

let’s stick together and let’s bounce back. Nah. Fuck it. I am not 6 years old and I don’t believe in Spurs or Santa anymore.

How is Red Star’s current form?

Nothing changed from the last couple of games.

Half the team, including Toby, Rose, Aurier, has just plainly stopped playing football. These people should be nowhere near the team.

Doesn't take an Ph.D in psychology to see how these players poison the entire squad. Just get them out, isolate them, let their agents know they are done and will have no further involvement in training or games with the 1st team. Cut losses, accept future defeats and dodgy season as a price of development.

Back
Top Bottom