Tottenham Hotspur v. Watford - 19.10.2019 @ 3 PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure that the formation is all of the problem
Like I just said - we've put plenty of energy through this formation before and the result has consistently been the same.

In this game it was absolutely key, as Watford were always going to be cagey. When teams sit against this shape we always end up playing turgid side-to-side shite.

We unlocked ourselves by switching in the second half... to the formation we should have started with, which would have brought us a win IMVHO.

We created 3 shots on goal. I'll repeat that. 3. Shots. On. Goal.

How many times did Kane get the ball in / near their area? How often did Moura or Son manage it? It's not an issue with the whole team, it's the midfield gone AWOL since Dembele left and Dier / Wanyama became crocked.

It's the first time I've seen so many players find themselves having to try and dribble through a defence and really force play - Alli bundling through; Lamela, Son, even Kane. We have no clean transition from back to front and we're either going long-ball to bypass midfield or passing side-to-side.

But, if we bring in N'Dombele (when fit to Poch standards) and Lo Celso to cement that midfield transition, some other darlings are going to have to make way...probably why Moura and Eriksen are so peed off, and Poch is pulling faces about Sissoko's new contract.

I love how Spurs fans think Poch should go because we cannot sack the rebels.

Utterly pointless, since the rebels all leave this summer at very latest.

Sometimes I hate football fans and commentators alike.

How many times did Kane get the ball in / near their area? How often did Moura or Son manage it? It's not an issue with the whole team, it's the midfield gone AWOL since Dembele left and Dier / Wanyama became crocked.

It's the first time I've seen so many players find themselves having to try and dribble through a defence and really force play - Alli bundling through; Lamela, Son, even Kane. We have no clean transition from back to front and we're either going long-ball to bypass midfield or passing side-to-side.

But, if we bring in N'Dombele (when fit to Poch standards) and Lo Celso to cement that midfield transition, some other darlings are going to have to make way...probably why Moura and Eriksen are so peed off, and Poch is pulling faces about Sissoko's new contract.
It could just be that dodgy diamond and us getting over-run in midfield. Poch can't see it, though.

I don't disagree. It's been long coming. We never really create enough chances consistently to dominate.

We've put loads of energy through 352/343 before against teams that sit.

From side...to side...to side...to side....

You can't pick our most turgid formation and expect miracles.

Not that kind of energy I'm after. The key is our desire to win the ball back, and preferably as high up the field as possible. Today we started in a different setup and it looked just like every other game we've played. It's just down to the players desire and will...easy as that

I love how Spurs fans think Poch should go because we cannot sack the rebels.

Utterly pointless, since the rebels all leave this summer at very latest.

Sometimes I hate football fans and commentators alike.

Mate Poch has lost the plot. The team's he selects, the tactics, the formations, the substitutions. You can wait until next summer but nothing is going to change.

Shit happens, players and managers at some point need to move on

After we scored/didn't score/did score /VAR/ goal/ No goal/ yes goal / Celebrate / don't celebrate / No it's ok... you can celebrate now fiasco ... I actually DARED look up to the skies (in momentary lapse of atheism) to ask, nay suggest to the 'Non Existent made-up Good Lord him/herself, the idea that we might now actually get a winner...

More fool me...

I now know God is a Non existent Fairy Tale... and in the remote chance he/she (probably SHE) DOES exist... he/she certainly DOESN'T support Spurs... and that he/she's probably a dirty Gooner who I wouldn't wanna believe in ANYWAY!

Sorry God fans....
but the God I don't believe in is a RIGHT C@#T!

(Sorry for any offence caused Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman ....I was in an 'angry place' when I wrote that...)
I know full well God is a Spurs fan... he/she just REALLY seems to be getting off on testing us right now!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom