Everton away - 3/11/19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Regardless of all else that happened today (and that's quite a lot) can someone from the "Poch In" camp please explain to me (without insult or wit) one thing please.
What was the rationale (from both a tactical and player motivating point of view) in putting Ryan Sessegnon onto the pitch to replace Eriksen after a game that had lasted 101 minutes in total and had just sixty seconds remaining :thumbdown:

Basically the rule is...

SERIOUS FOUL PLAY

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

It can be interpreted in way to allow for the extent of the injury to be considered. I am NOT saying that is the correct way of interpreting it.
In that case, if Son's challenge is a red card, most games should finish with about six players on the pitch. Three on each side.

Regardless of all else that happened today (and that's quite a lot) can someone from the Poch In camp please explain to me (without insult or wit) one thing please.
What was the rationale (from both a tactical and player motivating point of view) in putting Ryan Sessegnon onto the pitch to replace Eriksen after a game that had lasted 101 minutes in total and had just sixty seconds remaining :thumbdown:
He’s gone. He’s clinging on to Eriksen like he broke up with him

Regardless of all else that happened today (and that's quite a lot) can someone from the "Poch In" camp please explain to me (without insult or wit) one thing please.
None. Fucking senseless.

As was Lloris's arm... I don't see any of OUR fans asking for counselling... or indeed Brighton allowing us to equalise AND play out a diplomatic draw... fuck us. They went for the fucking jugular!

can't have it BOTH ways!

I agree with you mate out reaction and Atkinson's was fucking shocking think the Gomes one got to Son cause he thought he did it

Same reason as managers substitute players in injury time every week.

Regardless of all else that happened today (and that's quite a lot) can someone from the Poch In camp please explain to me (without insult or wit) one thing please.

I'm not Poch in as you know, but I think he did it to waste time so we could get away with a fantastic point at the worst Everton side in 30 years.
A team we routinely dick all over the pitch.
He then went on to say that we played well in his presser.
He has to go

All joking aside...that was a seriously shite game...
Something very strange is going on.
Players we know are quality can't trap the ball, can't make a simple pass, get caught in possession, don't help each other by showing for the ball.
I don't understand what has happened, they need to believe in themselves because we know they can play.

The Window Did It

That's something that only those with a superior intellect can understand

Eriksen, Toby, Jan all running down contracts & rose happy to go. Lloris past his best. Aurier unreliable. KWP doesn't look up to it. 7 for starters.

Funny you'd be cosying up to a stalwart match-goer now; having been mocking our paying fans earlier in the game.

#Worm

Last edited:
I guess time wasting. Couldn’t be anything else could it? Some players are being poorly treated I think by the manager and I know Sess has been injured but others have been available and he seems stubbornly set on not using them.

Same reason as managers substitute players in injury time every week.
Nahh sorry don't buy it. Eriksen plays 101 minutes and Poch wastes time by substituting him with just 60 seconds left. I really feel for Ryan, he should have come on at half time. One thing With Christian is after about ten minutes now you know what level of performance you are going to get. The lad deserved a chance today and he didn't get it.

Back
Top Bottom