The new poch out poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes poch out

Votes: 172 44.6%
  • No poch stays

Votes: 214 55.4%

• Total voters
Genuinely though, I can’t defend Poch much longer. He moaned about no transfers, he gets 3 new players and barely plays them. He moaned about no commitment from players but still players Eriksen for 110 minutes today!

His in-game tactics are so poor, there’s no belief in the team anymore.

I want it to work for him, but I think it’s coming to an end. We’re going backwards at an alarming rate.

I want to vote no but realistically there's very little chance we put things right under him now. For whatever reason the wheels have well and truly come off. Probably a bit on the players, a bit on Levy/ENIC, a bit on Poch. I think Poch has lost it but two years of under-investment (2016-18) don't help either.

Isn't this the fourth or fifth thread asking the same question?

Anyway I have always had time for the guy but he needs to realise he doesn't need have a lot of time. He gives off the vibe that is something goes wrong, that there is always next week, month or season. Truth be told this is what our club is dealt with at the moment:

Shocking stats when viewed coldly, what is supposed to happen to turn them round ?

Times up.

No he shouldn't be sacked.. but if Poch feels frustrated and believes the project has come to an end then we should agree a mutual termination of some kind - he doesn't deserve the sack.
Good Post.
Simply just sacking Poch is not going to end the dynamics of our football club and we'll be having the same conversations when the next manager fails, and the next manager, and the next manager, and so on.
The rot has set in at the top and filtered down through the manager and now to the players.
The club are the architects of its own downfall

Last edited:
Good Post.
Simply just sacking Poch is not going to end the philosophy of our football club and we'll be having the same conversations when the next manager fails, and the next manager, and the next manager, and so on.
The rot has set in at the top and filtered down through the manager and now to the players.
You're not keeping up with the latest buzzword John, philosophy is old hat now....the word on the street is 'dynamics' :thumbup:

Since that day we lost away to Burnley our situation is:

Played 23

Won 6
Drawn 6
Lost 11

24 points from a potential 69. If we continue at this rate we will end up on 39 points after a 38 game season. Don't worry, ever since the league reverted to a 20 club format 38 points or more has only been relegated 6 times out of 23, which gives us at least a points leeway if need be before we fall into lucky number 7 place :avbshock:

I'm sorry but if this was any other manager we wouldn't stomach it. Why the fuck did it have to be Poch?

giphy.gif

Good Post.
Simply just sacking Poch is not going to end the dynamics of our football club and we'll be having the same conversations when the next manager fails, and the next manager, and the next manager, and so on.
Yep. Bigger problem than poch & players is the owners. Whoever managers us next will have the same old issues under enic. We won't win major trophies with them in charge. Until we change that, changing the manager wont make a significant difference. If a new manager comes in & gets us top 4 & CL runners up next season, we would be delighted. So basically hoping the new guy does as well as poch did. Flat times. Can see why the coaching staff & players lose that spark & drive.

If it hasnt already been said, then this is not just a situation that is just going to be solved quickly by selling a few players and bringing new ones in.

The squad is far better than the way they are playing and those stats back up how truly horrendous the situation has been for a while.

Does anyone seriously believe that it is acceptable to not have won an away league game since last January with this team?

Got to point the finger at the manager, anything else is naive.

Have voted the same in every poll - YES. Poch out.

Why?

Well, it's getting more and more simple - BEACAUSE HE DOES NOT HAVE A PLAN!
What has changed towards better during past 2 months? Nothing! He does not have a working solution, but what is worse - he does not seem to have ANY PLAN AT ALL.

We are just going in circles. Eriksen, Toby and Rose still start.
Ndombele still hasnt become nailed down starter. Aurier still starts even though he is massively unreliable and errorprone.

There is ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA how to fix the situation. But manager absolutely should have a plan. I'd be way calmer if things would be improving step by step, but in fact we are running in circles! WHY would we give him more time (like some are suggesting) if it is clear that he will not come up with solution? Please, explain it to me.

Back
Top Bottom