Everton away - 3/11/19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah, you’re right, what we need is more athletes like Sissoko, Aurier and Moura.

It’s too much brains that’s killing this team....
Yes because Eriksen's "ran more than anyone else" stat's are exactly what we need right now. Please wake up and smell the coffee BC. Sissoko isn't a world class technician and never will be. But neither is CE anymore. And while he's at Spurs he never will be again. Please can you acknowledge that what MS is bringing to the team right at this moment is of greater significance that what Christian is offering?

If you're honest, and you were actually the man writing names on the team sheet for the Sheffield United game next week, who would you have on there? Sissoko or Eriksen?

That was truly a Hallowe’en weekend game. Ghoulish performances by ashen-faced cocaine zombies, Day of the Dead-style remembrance day pre-kickoff lists of dead people (players? fans?), a 12th minute clap for a dead 12-year-old Everton fan, and then one of the top most grotesque injuries I’ve seen in my lifetime.

Something is wrong on an astral level. We don’t need a new manager, we need an exorcist or possibly a witch doctor (though I hear Adebayor is unavailable).

Rumours that VAR told Atkinson it was a red as the outcome shows it was a dangerous challenge.

If that's true just ban all contact and make it like basketball every challenge has the potential to cause any injury like that. See Mason's injury or Cechs should Terry have been sent off for that?

Fucking backwards logic and awful officiating

Gomes plays a very physical game and can put in some seriously bad tackles. He could have done the same to many other players.
That doesn’t mean he deserved what happened but these things do occur I’m afraid..

Elbowed Sonny in the chops minutes before which VAR pussied out of looking at and also got done for this last season:
7bf4g_1.jpg

I'm not saying it's justified, just that a physical game can end with battle scars. It's a game of football, injuries like this will always happen unless you outlaw tackling.

Rumours that VAR told Atkinson it was a red as the outcome shows it was a dangerous challenge.

If that's true just ban all contact and make it like basketball every challenge has the potential to cause any injury like that. See Mason's injury or Cechs should Terry have been sent off for that?

Fucking backwards logic and awful officiating

I don't know if it was VAR that changed his mind or just seeing the injury, but he definitely had the yellow card in his hand at first.
And I agree with you on the rest. It's a contact sport and tackles like Sonny's happen multiple times in every game.

Yeah, you’re right, what we need is more athletes like Sissoko, Aurier and Moura.

It’s too much brains that’s killing this team....
And judging by that pic just how effective were those 'brains' put to use today? Sissoko, Aurier, and Moura don't come into my argument thus attacks on them don't rebut my argument. My argument is CE is not the man for us anymore...and probably should have been and easily could have been replaced with a proper MF years ago. He was useless today BC. Do you not agree with that? I'm pinning you down on 1 player my friend. One player only so don't bring anyone else up.

He has been next to useless for almost two seasons if you go back to the run in of the 17/18 season. Luxury player and we haven't the luxury of carrying him any more...and yes, before you say it he indeed did not play himself today so the manager carries some fault. But he did play shit today so he carries the can for that.

#nomoreuseless10s

I don't know if it was VAR that changed his mind or just seeing the injury, but he definitely had the yellow card in his hand at first.
And I agree with you on the rest. It's a contact sport and tackles like Sonny's happen multiple times in every game.
He showed the Yellow card much more clearly than the red that followed the yellow.

I have NEVER EVER seen a ref upgrade a card the way he did today. He can’t be allowed to hide from that. He yellow carded him and then changed it to a Red.

That was truly a Hallowe’en weekend game. Ghoulish performances by ashen-faced cocaine zombies, Day of the Dead-style remembrance day pre-kickoff lists of dead people (players? fans?), a 12th minute clap for a dead 12-year-old Everton fan, and then one of the top most grotesque injuries I’ve seen in my lifetime.

Something is wrong on an astral level. We don’t need a new manager, we need an exorcist or possibly a witch doctor (though I hear Adebayor is unavailable).

We need to get Barry Fry in to piss in the corners, or piss on them if Eriksen is taking it.

He showed the Yellow card much more clearly than the red that followed the yellow.

I have NEVER EVER seen a ref upgrade a card the way he did today. He can’t be allowed to hide from that. He yellow carded him and then changed it to a Red.

I must admit I wasn't sure if he had actually shown him the yellow. I saw it in his hand, but didn't see if he actually issued it. Once a card is issued though that should be it, the ref shouldn't be able to change their mind on the colour regardless of whether play had restarted.

I’ve grumbled about Winks this season but I’d select him way ahead of Eriksen now. The fella is doing nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Against shit opposition like Everton, Winks could have been useful.

Yes because Eriksen's "ran more than anyone else" stat's are exactly what we need right now. Please wake up and smell the coffee BC. Sissoko isn't a world class technician and never will be. But neither is CE anymore. And while he's at Spurs he never will be again. Please can you acknowledge that what MS is bringing to the team right at this moment is of greater significance that what Christian is offering?

If you're honest, and you were actually the man writing names on the team sheet for the Sheffield United game next week, who would you have on there? Sissoko or Eriksen?

A central midfielder who hides from the ball, can't pass it and who stands and watches players run off him and score or stands and watches as the pass or cross for others to score (and who also made 0 tackles today by the way) is bringing no more to this team week after fucking week than an under performing Eriksen.

I'm happy for Eriksen to be dropped because of his contract stance or because of his performances, but I want our coach to realise that picking shit and stupid players and expecting them to get us out of this mess is also fucking counter productive.

What you and Airfixx Airfixx didn't pick up on was the subtext of my response to todd1882 todd1882 which is basically a running joke between me and him where he pretends I want a team of 10's and I pretend he wants a team of units. Neither is true.

Eriksen was fucking shit today, he wasn't alone, and one of the reasons was we were set up to fail, because we had a midfield two that only had one player who can play football in it, not a disaster if the other player is some kind defensive tiger, but Sissoko isn't that either. So we had half a midfield and an insipid ant up front as a focal point.

Aurier's openly stated he wants to leave and Alderweireld's only still here because no one would even pay 25m for him. And don 't get me started on fucking Rose.

I'm happy to never see any of them again in a Spurs shirt, but forgive me if I don't jump on the "everything is Eriksen's fault" bandwagon. His situation is just one of many things that's wrong with this club right now, and most of them have Poch's name all over them. He's the one picking the players that "don't want to be here" and he's the one picking players that just don't have the skill set to do the jobs he's asking of them, and he's the one hamstringing them further with his fucking stupid tactics, formations and in game management.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom