Tactics under Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mourinho is still seen as an almost mythical figure in Portugal. Every player dreams about being coached by him.
If only Pogba had been Portugese!
Supposedly he only signed Matic as Spurs wouldn’t sell him Dier so he could well be a favourite son of Mourinho’s.
I think Dier will be the first to benefit from Mourinhos appointment...
Big, DM... and don't underestimate the 'Portugese' link...
It's partly why I think Jose liked/likes him so much...
He has all the attributes of an old fashioned English defender, but with the added bonus of a Portugese upbringing!

If only Pogba had been Portugese!

I think Dier will be the first to benefit from Mourinhos appointment...
Big, DM... and don't underestimate the 'Portugese' link...
It's partly why I think Jose liked/likes him so much...
He has all the attributes of an old fashioned English defender, but with the added bonus of a Portugese upbringing!
Is pogba the fucking diva clown the benchmark of professional players? Pros like lampard never had a bad word to say about Mourinho.

Yes agreed. I think a top class DM is holding us back from playing a real 4-3-3 with Ndombele and Lo Celso sitting just above the DM.

We have a very unbalanced squad. Most players are best playing a central role. Son is the only proven wide player.

Jose's first act will be tightening up the D.

Just hope he builds around Kane, Son, Ndombele, Lo Celso, and Sanchez.

Agree, but I also like Foyth

A right back is priority in January. CDM is also a big problem area, but if Mourinho can get the most out of Dier then we could be saving ourselves £40m there.

I have to admit, although saddened by Poch going, I am excited about an era under Mourinho.

I'm interested to see who he drops...
Sissoko - Probably in trouble
Winks - 40/60 on reduced role
KWP - Wont play again
Foyth - 50/50
Dele - 50/50
Jan and Toby - probably an increased role at the start
Lamela will be really interesting. Same for Lucas

Foyth-Toby-Jan-Davies
Ndombele-Dier-Lo Celso
Dele-Son
Kane

Or another way of putting this - we have no idea how he will setup tactically because apparently he spent the last 11 months reinventing himself.

Who knows.

Lots of baseless assumptions....”Son will hate it”

Errr, maybe Son will love having Dele and Eriksen alongside him as AMs as opposed to behind him in central midfield.

Maybe Son will enjoy having the full backs playing forward passes, and the CBs defending corners.....maybe Son will enjoy not being the default sub off guy....and getting a game with Moura from time to time.....maybe Son will enjoy a trophy

Just a thought
smashed his assumption with an... assumption.....

I’m intrigued what he’ll make of Winks. A low risk player but not an especially incisive one either.

I feel like he’ll either build the midfield around him or ship him off.

Agree on Son. He’s going to hate the defensive requirements.
Son was never one to shy away from defensive work when he was asked to do it, he just needs to be coached to do so. He's usually the first to sprint to press the opposition defense, but often does not help out tracking back with the fullbacks, which tells me that he's not being told to do so.

Just had a thought of a player who can absolutely thrive under José. Since he loves players who give everything for the club, and are a joy to work with, he can light that fire for Erik Lamela...

I think Winks' days are numbered now. Mourinho likes powerful athletes in midfield and Winks is the total opposite of a midfielder he typically likes.
He used to play with Ander Herrera week in week out, I'm sure he'll be fine working with Winks.

Back
Top Bottom