West Ham Knuckle Dragging Pikeys v Tottenham Hotspur. Sat 23rd November 12-30 : Live from Billy Smart’s Circus Tent.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The subs were strange, especially by Mourinho's standards. Surely Lo Celso coming on and going into midfield would have been smarter than Eriksen and then Sissoko coming on.

Think he is giving all the squad a chance to show what they can do - so maybe more strange subs for the next few games. But both Eriksen and Sissoko fluffed theirchances, though I think they will get other chances.

I'm guessing that Lo Celso arrived back from Argentina on either Wednesday or Thursday and Jose might have thought he looked not quite 100% so why not give Eriksen, who should be physically fit, a chance even though Jose said pre match that he had to better understand whether Eriksen wanted to stay and fight or not.

He wasn’t played for two years and just got 90 minutes, give him a break.
We improved and we won

because this is the first time we’ve ever seen Dier play in midfield? It’s not his match sharpness that’s the problem.

I think it’s way to early to jump aboard the suck each other off hype train Sammy.

We played well first half, pretty shit second half.

I’ve seen you declare about seven first halves this season as “great” and “really enjoying this”.

We were about 5 minutes away from coughing up a 3-0 lead to the only PL team in worst form than us.

We still need a midfield and Dier is no more it than Sissoko is, or Winks for that matter.

In a way I'm glad about those 2 goals. Our defensive probs have not gone away and our performance was not that great.
But I am bitterly disappointed in the Moose. He fecked about in the build up and was weak in 3 or 4 tackles.

To be fair to the bloke he took a fair whack minutes after coming on.

Christ on a bike, Sheldon. I had unannounced visitors after 80 mins or so, and couldn't watch the end of the game properly.
Well, if you had to miss part of it then that was it. It was early season Spurs. Eriksen was on to give us some grit and guile in the MF though. So that helped us see it out.

Based on Jose's comments and Dele's post game interview, it is obvious that the Poch change hit the team hard. Despite him seemingly losing the dressing room and the bad run, Poch leaving had a big impact and I am glad that Jose recognizes that and managing around it. I am sure there are a few that were thrilled but you can see the effect he had on some of the players.

I hope Jose can help certain players rediscover their form, and help the bad actors quickly see their way out.

Back
Top Bottom