Poch to Woolwich ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My Opinion

• Not a problem, he's a free agent

Votes: 13 9.3%
  • Loss of respect, anywhere but there.

Votes: 46 32.9%
  • Treason. Totally changed my opinion of him.

Votes: 66 47.1%
  • Disappointed but still love the guy and wish him well.

Votes: 15 10.7%

• Total voters
giphy.gif

I did, and I couldn't give a shite that Adebayor played for them either. I would have taken lots of their players!

I loved me some Gallas. A player whom I admired and who hardly came with the typical Gooner-twat baggage.

Adebayor I was forever reluctant about, but that was more because of his merc-like tendencies.... I said all along, the loan was a fantastic idea (not to mention that it boiled Scum piss in the process); the permanent deal not so.

Personally, circumstances and the individual in question play a decisive part. Whilst that may sound like convenient fence-sitting, I dare say VERY few stopped supporting the club when the man with the raincoat came in.... Ultimately, one just has to accept that it's not realistic to expect a club to be run on fan sentiment of such kind so I'll always do my best to look past things and get behind what's best for the club even if it takes a while for me to adjust to their presence or at worst I never truly warm to them (as was the case with GG).

I make no secret of being vehemently "no" to the suggestion of JM managing us. Now, although I am far from comfortable with the idea, I simply hope with every fibre that he can prove me and my reservations wrong.

Last edited:
If he goes to Bayern, he has my blessing (and that's a stretch because they're a CL rival) but I couldn't get past Woolwich or Man United.

My dream move for him would be a return to his homeland to manage Boca Juniors. I also wouldn't complain if he wanted to try his hand in the MLS or the J1 League. I don't begrudge a man his ambitions.

If he goes to Bayern, he has my blessing (and that's a stretch because they're a CL rival) but I couldn't get past Woolwich or Man United.

My dream move for him would be a return to his homeland to manage Boca Juniors or something like that - I also wouldn't complain if he wanted to try his hand in the MLS or the J1 League. I don't begrudge a man his ambitions.

LOL....

MLS, J1... Yet you "don't begrudge a man his ambitions".

:pochshock2:

Poch is going to keep his eyes on one of the "guaranteed titles" teams imo. A PSG, Bayern or one of the two Spanish titans. He knows that he needs to start winning titles to solidify his claim as a top top manager.

Ajax as a real wild card if Ten Haag heads to Bayern because I think he would enjoy working there. But PSG or Bayern are far more likely.

I don't see him staying in England. He's been here for 7 years or such if we combine his stay with us with Southampton. And his family jumps between London and Barcelona so he's probably eyeing up a move back to the continent.

I loved me some Gallas. A player whom I admired and who hardly came with the typical Gooner-twat baggage.

Adebayor I was forever reluctant about, but that was more because of his merc-like tendencies.... I said all along, the loan was a fantastic idea (not to mention that it boiled Scum piss in the process); the permanent deal not so.

Personally, circumstances and the individual in question play a decisive part. Whilst that may sound like convenient fense-sitting, I dare say VERY few stopped supporting the club when the man with the raincoat came in.... Ultimately, one just has to accept that it's not realistic to expect a club to be run on fan sentiment of such kind so I'll always do my best to look past things and get behind what's best for the club even if it takes a while for me to adjust to their presence or at worst I never truly warm to them (as was the case with GG).

I make no secret of being vehemently "no" to the suggestion of JM managing us. Now, although I am far from comfortable with the idea, I simply hope with every fibre that he can prove me and my reservations wrong.
Gallas fan here too, loved watching him play. I know what you mean about José's appointment sitting uncomfortably but the player's responses seems to have been positive enough, particularly Kane.
Let's hope our confidence in the guy increases with each match. Looking for a comfortable win in CL and absolutely battering Bournemouth.

If Poch goes to Woolwich he has to take on a shit ageing squad, contract issues, crap fans, and a US owner far more heavily invested in the NFL than soccer. If he can deal with all that he still has to beat City, Dippers, Utd, Chelsea, Spurs and the rest of the EPL to win any domestic trophies ... he's almost guaranteed to draw a blank and he really can't afford that again.

Ajax, PSG, Bayern, Zenit, Young Boys all pretty much guarantee Poch trophies and would make good stepping stones ... then there's the plum jobs at Barca, Real and Juve but I don't think they would risk hiring a trophy-less manager.

So Poch to Woolwich would seem a massive risk for him with a very low upside ... plus it would break so many of his supposed personal values his credibility would be shot ... never say never but I just don't see it even if Woolwich would like it very much.

Poch couldn't win a single trophy with a squad including; Kane, Son, Eriksen, Ali, Toby, Verts, Dembele & Lloris - all in their prime.

He would win absolutely nothing with that Woolwich squad as its a rag tag assortment of overpaid, over rated cunts with no balance and lacking quality. Aubamayang for me is the only player that would get near our squad. Bellerin if he wasn't more injury prone than Lamela.

They need massive investment to compete again.

He would be a fool to go there and would erode the good will of the Spurs fanbase.

Bottom line It would upset me but it wouldn't scare me.

Back
Top Bottom