Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton (26th Dec) (12:30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agree with much of that, though wouldn’t exactly call Aurier great. Ok mostly.

But the most salient point you make is about Lo Celso “coming towards the ball”. This simple sounding thing is why we have become shit in a nutshell. This is whyI was arguing with you about the viability of Dier and Sissoko in midfield, especially together. Both of them are “move away from the ball” players, especially Sissoko, and means we cannot play football.
I wasn't disagreeing with your assessment about Dier and Sissoko, they are limited players. My argument was/is that we know they are limited players. Whilst the likes of Jennas and now other studio analysists stating they should pass forwards, take it on the half-turn etc. they can't. My argument has always been I'm not expecting these players to do this as they aren't able to do so. It's like asking Lloris to fill in for Son up front, then get upset when he's not sticking it in the top right-hand corner.

I 100% agree that we need a player who is able to control central midfield, preferably more than one.

Mourinho has been with us around 5 mins, Poch had well over 5 years.
He has also said that he has had no time to train them correctly. It is about getting through Christmas on man management and motivation. I think he said he has basically had a week and a half on tactics with the players. It is not ideal but in January he will have more time.

I wasn't disagreeing with your assessment about Dier and Sissoko, they are limited players. My argument was/is that we know they are limited players. Whilst the likes of Jennas and now other studio analysists stating they should pass forwards, take it on the half-turn etc. they can't. My argument has always been I'm not expecting these players to do this as they aren't able to do so. It's like asking Lloris to fill in for Son up front, then get upset when he's not sticking it in the top right-hand corner.

I 100% agree that we need a player who is able to control central midfield, preferably more than one.

But Jenas wasn’t highlighting their inability to play or turn in pressure, he was highlighting how they weren’t even doing it when they had space around and in front of them.

They just shouldn’t be out there. It’s not like there’s a defensive upside with either of them either.

It’s killing us.

You are aware that that's is as much down to other teams losing as well? I mean as we speak we were battered by Chelsea who had lost all bar one of their last 5 games before playing us are now currently losing again to relegation zone Southampton at home!

I speak on how we've played under him, who we've won and lost against and how we played in those games. It's not been pretty.
Yes of course other teams lose as well but let's face it our record again Chelsea goes back decades they have always beaten us even when they were shit.

First game at new stadium for the wife, so it was a good time to try out the 1882 club just for shits a giggles. So first things first the food was fucking rank, and there was absolutely no atmosphere inside the area, just a load of people with their faces pressed up against the glass taking pictures of the new stadium.....one thing going for it however was no que for the bar and two pints each on the house (tho well paid for in advance with the ticket price £99.50 each). Great seats to be faire..

Yes of course other teams lose as well but let's face it our record again Chelsea goes back decades they have always beaten us even when they were shit.
_44448025_woodgate_afp416.jpg

Entertaining football doesn't always equate to winning football. He has had no time to do anything with this squad yet.
But that's what people are demanding, entertaining football and winning matches. I haven't seen this new philosophy he said he would bring.

Back
Top Bottom