Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton (26th Dec) (12:30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Absolutely turgid football we are having to watch. That first half was diabolical.

2nd half much improved all be it completely flaccid and still creating very little. Kane took his goal well but we were dealt a huge blow of good fortune after Lucas losing possession for the 100th time in the game with the ball spilling out to Kane. Lovely 2nd goal.

In the second half lads put in a shift, especially Dele and Kane who ran the socks off. Lucas worked hard but is really showing just what a limited player he is, losing it constantly, unable to pass. Thought Aurier was great, although timid going forward in the first half (that might be an instruction from our manager, whos football and selections are stating to look every suspect with every game).

I enjoyed Los Celso's cameo, changed how we played, with him coming towards the ball, holding it up and popping it off, also finding good pockets. Sess was OK in the early part of the first half but faded as we began to concede the game to Brighton.

I gather that both Winks and Sissoko are both suspended for Norwich might be a blessing to select Lo Celso and Ndombele.

We've got to do better than this shit show and yet another truly woeful first.

I actually think Winks is pretty good. Sissoko on the other hand.
Winks almost cost us the match. Gave away two freekicks in terrible positions , one whcih turned into a goal and could have also left us with 10 men if the ref gave him a second yellow. Except for that 1 hoof towards Kane, he was absolute trash.

Absolutely turgid football we are having to watch. That first half was diabolical.

2nd half much improved all be it completely flaccid and still creating very little. Kane took his goal well but we were dealt a huge blow of good fortune after Lucas losing possession for the 100th time in the game with the ball spilling out to Kane. Lovely 2nd goal.

In the second half lads put in a shift, especially Dele and Kane who ran the socks off. Lucas worked hard but is really showing just what a limited player he is, losing it constantly, unable to pass. Thought Aurier was great, although timid going forward in the first half (that might be an instruction from our manager, whos football and selections are stating to look every suspect with every game).

I enjoyed Los Celso's cameo, changed how we played, with him coming towards the ball, holding it up and popping it off, also finding good pockets. Sess was OK in the early part of the first half but faded as we began to concede the game to Brighton.

I gather that both Winks and Sissoko are both suspended for Norwich might be a blessing to select Lo Celso and Ndombele.

Spot on with the analysis here...

Quite why it took a HT bollocking and two decent cameo’s from the subs bench to get us going? Fuck knows?

With Son, Winks and Sissoko out for the next game it’ll be interesting to see if anyone grabs the opportunity to impress..

Glad of the 3 points but don’t want to experience too many more first halves like today - it was Brighton for fucks sake

Spot on with the analysis here...

Quite why it took a HT bollocking and two decent cameo’s from the subs bench to get us going? Fuck knows?

With Son, Winks and Sissoko out for the next game it’ll be interesting to see if anyone grabs the opportunity to impress..

Glad of the 3 points but don’t want to experience too many more first halves like today - it was Brighton for fucks sake
I just don't get why were are so flat. We've changed our manager, all the reasons offered for the problems under Poch are still evident, what is he doing with them at Hotspur Way? What type of football are we playing, I see no evidence of patterns of play other than to go long.

I'm biting my tongue as I think this manager is well past his sell-by date, but want to be patient as I can before I go two-footed on what he's doing, give him some time but seriously expecting a bit better than this shit TBH.

I just don't get why were are so flat. We've changed our manager, all the reasons offered for the problems under Poch are still evident, what is he doing with them at Hotspur Way? What type of football are we playing, I see no evidence of patterns of play other than to go long.

I'm biting my tongue as I think this manager is well past his sell-by date, but want to be patient as I can before I go two-footed on what he's doing, give him some time but seriously expecting a bit better than this shit TBH.
But this out of date manager has taken us to fifth where would we be if poch was still in charge? Probably 13th or 14th.

Agree with much of that, though wouldn’t exactly call Aurier great. Ok mostly.

But the most salient point you make is about Lo Celso “coming towards the ball”. This simple sounding thing is why we have become shit in a nutshell. This is whyI was arguing with you about the viability of Dier and Sissoko in midfield, especially together. Both of them are “move away from the ball” players, especially Sissoko, and means we cannot play football.

But this out of date manager has taken us to fifth where would we be if poch was still in charge? Probably 13th or 14th.
You are aware that that's is as much down to other teams losing as well? I mean as we speak we were battered by Chelsea who had lost all bar one of their last 5 games before playing us are now currently losing again to relegation zone Southampton at home!

I speak on how we've played under him, who we've won and lost against and how we played in those games. It's not been pretty.

We are getting overrun in midfield with Dier, Sissoko and winks. Whatever version we play it is a shitshow.
I get why Mou wants a dm, but if it is not working anyway why not play players that can keep the ball and importantly pass it. Time for Ndombele and Lo Celso.

Back
Top Bottom