Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton (26th Dec) (12:30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not trying to goad you here, Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 , cos I know you love The Poch, but who would you have hired to replace him?
There are a fair few that I think play "modern progressive football". I appreciate that terminology is a bit wanky but I used it as it's the type of football widely labelled and associated with the likes of Ajax, Man City, PSG, Liverpool, RB Leipzig (Poch - but totally get something had to be done but felt this was keeping him and binning off the players he wanted rid), Leeds.

I think Julian Nagelsmann would be my top pick.

My fears could well be unfounded as we weeks roll on but playing some kind quick progressive football, even if it was in short passages of play and even if it happened to coincide with a loss, I would feel more encouraged than I do now.

Another hard game to watch. I'm not seeing anything different in performances or when Mourinho says he has spent the last year adapting his methods.
How long has Jose had with the team though? It is still a poch team as well and if you told me by appointing Jose we would be 3 points off top 4 come Boxing Day I would have said he really is the special ones! Let’s see how we are doing this time next season before we judge him As right now it seems he is doing all he can with what we have available to grind out the wins

There are a fair few that I think play "modern progressive football". I appreciate that terminology is a bit wanky but I used it as it's the type of football widely labelled and associated with the likes of Ajax, Man City, PSG, Liverpool, RB Leipzig (Poch - but totally get something had to be done but felt this was keeping him and binning off the players he wanted rid), Leeds.

I think Julian Nagelsmann would be my top pick.

My fears could well be unfounded as we weeks roll on but playing some kind quick progressive football, even if it was in short passages of play and even if it happened to coincide with a loss, I would feel more encouraged than I do now.
Not wanky to me. That kind of talk is right up my street.

Can't say I'm crazy with how we played for much of the match, but I quite enjoyed both goals. Great reaction from Kane on the rebound for the first goal, and the second goal was just pure class: fantastic pass from Eriksen, nice layoff on the volley from Aurier, and a wonderful finish from Dele.

It’s a bit of light hearted banter as the whole episode has been blown massively out of proportion.
We are clearly innocent ( on this occasion) and as I was part of the crowd who’s integrity has been bought into question. I feel i have the right to defend myself and fellow fans.
Lots of people were extremely pissed off today at the mud slinging and media frenzy.
We are good fans and I am proud of that..

COYS..
Mate, we're neither clearly innocent nor clearly guilty. We're not as innocent as we make out, the revolting "elephant washer" song shows that, as does the reports elsewhere on this forum of people calling the Ajax goalie a spear thrower.

When it comes down to it, like in most clubs, we're tens of thousands in the stadium and hundreds of thousands more beyond, In all cases there is only one thing that unites us. In such large groups there will always be people you are frankly ashamed of.

When I first came to Madrid I used to go to games at the Bernabeu regularly, it was ridiculously cheap and it was an excuse to go to football with my best mate who's (look away now) a Hammer. We saw all sorts among the nutcase Ultra Surs, swastikas, zieg heils, it got a bit much for me but the fact remains that the other 85,000 or whatever in the ground weren't anything like that, just folks enjoying the football.

Are City a racist club because of the cunt who was caught on camera? No. Are West Ham or Leeds, in their entirety? No. I defend Arsen@l when peoplein Spain try to make out that our rivalry is political - yes some cunts post vile anti-Jewish stuff, but are all there fans like that? Of course not, our rivalry is football-based, nothing more.

I recognise that the problem goes deeper at Chelsea, but even there... I know perfectly decent Chelsea fans, I'd step in if they were in trouble. They picked the wrong side, as did friends whose political views differ from mine, but what can you do?

I doubt that the Rüdiger thing will be proved decisively either way. I don't think that that makes him a liar (or even mistaken) or that our fans, either individually or (obviously not) collectively, are guilty of anything. I'm sad that the question hangs over us is all, just as I'm sad that it hangs over other clubs, or football in general.

Whatever, I thoroughly enjoyed today's game, even though I saw it later (we had a big family lunch). Loved Harry's effort, Dele's too, loved Aurier and Sissoko who also worked immensely, loved the subs as well - Lo Celso was great and Eriksen too. Great work from the team and the manager. I enjoyed Brighton as opponents too.

In short, YIDS YIDS YIDS

Last edited:
Sure but reaching a champions league final is a great managerial achievement, for which he deserves a huge amount of credit. I don't think Jose will get anywhere near that with us.
Maybe not, but if he doesn't it doesn't automatically mean he's done worse than Poch, I mean come on, those wins against City and Ajax weren't down to any tactical genius or work on the training ground, it was pure determination and a shitload of inspiration from Son/Lucas. Gameplans went totally out of the window in both.

Also, Mourinho did manage it with Porto and actually won it with them, you can't point to Poch making it to a final as justification for him, but ignore all that Mourinho has actually won.

Don't be so sure, I think he was desperate to take a big job in the prem. I think his plan is like Poch's agree to Levy's terms first and then afterwards try to change his mind.

On What basis do you think that?

I think Levy and Jose have already thrashed this subject out

Can't say I'm crazy with how we played for much of the match, but I quite enjoyed both goals. Great reaction from Kane on the rebound for the first goal, and the second goal was just pure class: fantastic pass from Eriksen, nice layoff on the volley from Aurier, and a wonderful finish from Dele.

Second half was much stronger and what I want to see moving forward. We were far more aggressive on the press as a whole unit and were quicker with the ball when Lo Celso came on. Eriksen also helped tremendously in getting the ball into our goal scorers.

I am ready for Lo Celso to take Moura's spot and would like to see Lamela in this side. We need creativity to open up Son, Dele and Kane.

I would go as far as

Son Kane Dele
Lo Celso Ndombele Lamela
Verts Toby Sanchez Auier
Gazza
Lo Celso and Lamela fight for the ball and would interchange with Ndombele nicely.

But that is praying on the injury gods granting both Ndombele and Lamela a healthy run.

Back
Top Bottom