Southampton Vs Tottenham - 3pm New Year's Day.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Players not being able to find each other with 5 yards passes in unacceptable and it happened a lot tonight and for the last 2 games. the Players think skill and flair without fight is good enough. Pathetic. Cowards on the pitch today.

Every genuine Spurs fan can be unhappy losing to a bottom-feeder club like Southampton, but some reactions on here are "fake" Spurs fans who are always stirring crap and as negative as Jermaine Jenas was in the commentary (I had to mute it it was so bad).

Either you support your team when the entire FA & Premier league are putting Mike Dean to officiate your games (with Anthony Taylor as VAR) and you lose because of everything.

Mike Dean booked 4 Spurs players for 7 alleged fouls and booked only 3 Sotons committing 20 proper fouls. Go figure.

you are a parody account right? there's no way these are a person's real views?

When can we start a Maureen out thread...count me in. I've been saving my ' told you so's' and no one likes a smug wanker...but it's coming. He won't destroy this club we're too big but I can only see dark days ahead unless there's a massive fucking turn around. Players looked fucked off no team ethic just poor all over.
Next season about 5 to 7 games in after a poor transfer window where he's only had 20 million to spend on 6 players.

OK, for the third time, yellows are not awarded merely by totting up, it's the severity.

Shirt pull a player through on goal = Yellow (even in the first five minutes of the game)

Otherwise, you'll need to commit a number of minor fouls (that wouldn't ordinarily result in a yellow) in quick succession to get booked.

So to earn four yellows you could earn them through as little as four fouls.

Clearly our fouls warranted yellows as the officials thought they were more serious/cynical and deserved a yellow, while Soton's weren't.

The officials weren't biased against us.
If you look at the 4 so-called fouls, one was asking for a booking for them, the other three were dives by Southampton. Watch the game again if you don't want to believe me.
Dean booked 20 players AND Mourinho. You don't book a manager lightly so he went out of his way there.

What I don't get is Spurs fans defending Mike Dean (again) against Tottenham.

When can we start a Maureen out thread...count me in. I've been saving my ' told you so's' and no one likes a smug wanker...but it's coming. He won't destroy this club we're too big but I can only see dark days ahead unless there's a massive fucking turn around. Players looked fucked off no team ethic just poor all over.
Levy out is more relevant.

Tottenham Hotspur centre-back Jan Vertonghen lost possession a total of 33 times in just the one game against Southampton. The Spurs central defender is eligible to speak to other clubs, in order to be able to agree a switch away from the club in the summer.

I don’t even know anymore. We are broken
Nope, we were broken last summer (2018) and Poch, the longball, and the players' CL desire kept it together. We were left broken in the summer without the painful rebuild so 40 points is all that matter this season.

It's just a shame that people didn't recognize that fact before Poch had to pay the ultimate price. Now we a stuck with a shit team, the loss of our beloved leader, player power, and the recognition that we are just like any other club.

I would have preferred to suffer this season while displaying loyalty to the guy that built these exaggerated expectations because of his hard work.

How can we not string simple passes together? I don't think Saints were great today, we had so many opportunities where the right pass would've opened them right up. We just could not execute the pass.

Also I'm just fucking over VAR, what is the point anymore. How is Dele not given a penalty? At the same time, I thought for sure Toby's handball would've been a penalty too. Not sure if anyone noticed this either, but on Kane's disallowed goal, the line they drew and then zoomed out clearly showed the ball was already kicked. When it's that close/fraction of a step, and I see the ball already in motion, it just makes me wonder how they can even use this technology in those tight situations.

Regardless, an absolute stinker of a game. Not away at Brighton bad, but a very poor game nonetheless.

Ndombele was the only bright spot and then he got hurt, just brutal.

Come on, almost every game and every season we hear of this 'conspiracy' against Tottenham. I don't buy it.

Why would such a thing exist?
That goal had nothing to do with conspiracy and everything to do with Verts getting turned inside out.

Tottenham Hotspur centre-back Jan Vertonghen lost possession a total of 33 times in just the one game against Southampton. The Spurs central defender is eligible to speak to other clubs, in order to be able to agree a switch away from the club in the summer.
He was awful. It's at the point where I'm just willing to let him go.

Why the fuck did Davinson not start? He's our best CB.

5 points dropped is so fucking disheartening. Our team is absolutely a dumpster fire right now and I don’t know how we can get out of this.

-No more starting Jan and Toby together
-Bench Aurier and play KWP
-Buy a new CDM
-No more starts for Eriksen
-Rotate Dele out every third game
-Kane rested every 4/5th game
-Play Skipp sometimes
-Play Lo Celso much more (LW/CAM)
-Start Lamela again at RW/CAM and rotate Lucas at RW

Just some ideas to get things moving...

We don’t stretch teams enough, no runs In behind opposition defences. Dele makes the odd one but all our play is in front of the other team, finding our full backs in one v one situations attacking their box. You want Son or Lucas in that position. System and patterns of play are broken and have been for a while. The lack of options due to the lack of movement going forward is a joke.

He is finished in my eyes

Back
Top Bottom