Southampton Vs Tottenham - 3pm New Year's Day.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I say again. Yellows are not handed out for numbers of fouls but for their severity e.g. shirt pulling when the player is past you.

It's simple why we didn't get those penalties, it's because they weren't penalties. Even Dele conceded to the goalkeeper that it wasn't.

I understand your wish (as mine) for our team to win, however you need to keep a sense of rationality.

It wasn't the officials, the ground, the weather, Jenas or the shape of the ball that caused us to lose, but us - our ineptitude, players to select from, off-form players chosen, inability to pass to someone in a blue shirt, tactics, our desire to win 50/50 ball and the second ball, dead ball kicks, corners, awful transfers etc etc.

It's clear as day. What the answer is - well I'm not paid £10m a year to answer that.

Not digging you out mate but I think you’re wrong

Quite often it’s a cumulative effect just before a yellow is dished out as the ref points out to the player receiving the yellow where he’s committed similar offences which is how it should be but a minor point

Just throw out all the kids the next few games. If we are going to lose, maybe we will at least see a little passion and effort.
Not sure he can do that for the cup any more.
If we had taken our chances to be sitting in the top 4 tonight then OK, but a bad loss to Boro would be a disaster right now.

Guido is a Chelsea fan on here stirring up anti-José feeling.

A fan is, when things are not going well you get behind and support the team - yes have a moan, but don't get carried away. Joséis here and has already done better than Poch so FA got even worse reffing to stop Tottenham.

Chelsea & Woolwich do not get this level of refereeing against them. Tammy Ambraham dives and gets free kicks. Guendouzi dives at the drop of a hat and gets loads of free kicks (and a couple of pens this season). If real Tottenham fans don't see this then they cannot be real Spurs fans. And to want José out for WHAT??? He wants maybe Sean Dyke? What does Guido want instead of José Mourinho (btw Mourinho hasn't even had a full season).
Problem is we need to know the manager is putting the effort in and the team are giving everything in too.
Jan and Toby should never be the centre halves ever again, Aurier is poor but is a guaranteed start, Dele can seemingly do no wrong to our manager.

Today Jose just stood and let that unfold without any sort of effort to change anything

He'd be a great centre half alongside a domineering partner. Him alongside VDV would be truly phenominal.

But hey, Jose wants to drop him and offer Jan a new deal.
Like I said before, it's cheaper to renew contracts than bring in new players. I'm not a conspiracy theorist by any means but I'm beginning to wonder what kind of a deal Mou and Levy made when the contract was signed. Or maybe I'm paranoid.

I say again. Yellows are not handed out for numbers of fouls but for their severity e.g. shirt pulling when the player is past you.

It's simple why we didn't get those penalties, it's because they weren't penalties. Even Dele conceded to the goalkeeper that it wasn't.

I understand your wish (as mine) for our team to win, however you need to keep a sense of rationality.

It wasn't the officials, the ground, the weather, Jenas or the shape of the ball that caused us to lose, but us - our ineptitude, players to select from, off-form players chosen, inability to pass to someone in a blue shirt, tactics, our desire to win 50/50 ball and the second ball, dead ball kicks, corners, awful transfers etc etc.

It's clear as day. What the answer is - well I'm not paid £10m a year to answer that.
I respect your opinion. That was the THIRD penalty appeal, the other two were much more serious. The first one the defender hooks Deles leg. it's a penalty any day of the week.

Again how Dean books 4 Spurs for 7 (non) fouls and only books 3 of them for 20 fouls, some were nasty not pulling back is a mystery over than every true Spurs fan knows about Mike Dean.

It's too bad because we could've walked top 4 again this season with Chelsea, Arse, United all being shite. It'll probably only take 68 points or less.

Crystal Palace, a team who were in the mire recently, a club who are crippled with injuries can go level with us if they beat Norwich today.. How the fuck have we allowed that to happen.?
They've had a competent manager in place for a couple of years; not spent silly money and focused on doing the basics properly.

Remember when Poch stated we were well ahead of schedule on the 'project'? I get a sense that we've believed the hype and forgotten where we were at the start of the (last) decade?

Well, it's OK Jose's at the wheel.

What the fuck has this bloke been doing? We are regressing under him!

That was fucking woeful. Yet the Jose fanboys will no doubt be pushing the disagree button as they always do.
Like the sentiment and do agree about Jose even if I can see the merit is going for a manager of his profile. But I don't fault Jose for this group. The players are not good enough and the reasonable cycle had passed to expect any improvement from them. We needed a painful rebuild. And you know whose head would be first on the block for me. Every movement needs symbol.

Like I said before, it's cheaper to renew contracts than bring in new players. I'm not a conspiracy theorist by any means but I'm beginning to wonder what kind of a deal Mou and Levy made when the contract was signed. Or maybe I'm paranoid.
As I've said before, i think Jose was brought in mainly to raise the profile of the club, not for his managerial ability

Well, I’m assuming that’s Levy rather than Jose?

I have no love for Mourinho. He’s Spurs at the moment, but after that, I’ll forget him. I’m not blaming him for this though. The team is running on fumes and comfortably requires hundreds of millions in investment. If, that is, we want to challenge. Otherwise it’s fine.

Honestly think we’ll end up in the bottom half.
Jose is "here because of the players". These are his words in his first interview and repeated since. He's handing out contracts to these players and is delighted at doing so. Made it about him and his presence after Toby signed. Players that Poch wanted out in order to refresh the team.

It's on the manager mate.

This is his team, his selection, his tactics (whatever they are). There are other players to select from. Other players to blood. When Poch joined he was ruthless with the squad and his decisions.

Not digging you out mate but I think you’re wrong

Quite often it’s a cumulative effect just before a yellow is dished out as the ref points out to the player receiving the yellow where he’s committed similar offences which is how it should be but a minor point
Of course if the same player keeps committing niggly fouls there is a cumulative affect - and they'll eventually get booked.

However you impede a player through on goal or shirt tug in the first five minutes you'll get booked for the first offence.

It wasn't the officials that lost us the game today - I thought they were OK, it was us.

The thing is after lo celso and lamela, our bench offered nothing to change the game. We couldn't even complete 5 yard passes. The number of times we overhit simple passes into space or just simply gave it away was an embarrassment. I want heads to spin for this and I'd love Jose to come out and start naming these shits cunt out. Alli aurier vertonghen gazzaniga kane eriksen were absolutely shocking.

This was worse than when we lost to Colchester.

Of course if the same player keeps committing niggly fouls there is a cumulative affect - and they'll eventually get booked.

However you impede a player through on goal or shirt tug in the first five minutes you'll get booked for the first offence.

It wasn't the officials that lost us the game today - I thought they were OK, it was us.

Totally agree mate

We got exactly what we deserved

Mike Dean is still a little weasel though

Back
Top Bottom