Southampton Vs Tottenham - 3pm New Year's Day.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Manager and players just like it was last year

Going to take a while to erase the ingrained, instinctive pass it back first mentality that’s been hammered into the squads brain for three years.

Shame Dier was ill, no DM and we are poor. Not rocket science.
Dele too arrogant, but being picked, same old same old.
Ndombele a massive pussy pretending to be injured because he’s scared to get injured.
No Son, no Spurs
Eriksen been done to death, but there it is. Again.
Lo Celso and Moura driving but Kane jogging and waiting again.
Twats in defence, a LB who plays like he is warming up on the touch line and a RB who can’t cross.

Damage is done to this mob, and it’s clear we need changes. But we will beat Liverpool and everyone will believe again.
Just the way it is.

Anyway, I’m off again. See you’s in a few months.
Much better like this.
Welcome back Sammy

Not your biggest fan but still kinda missed you.

Going to take a while to erase the ingrained, instinctive pass it back first mentality that’s been hammered into the squads brain for three years.

Ndombele a massive pussy pretending to be injured because he’s scared to get injured.
No Son, no Spurs
Twats in defence, a LB who plays like he is warming up on the touch line and a RB who can’t cross.

Damage is done to this mob, and it’s clear we need changes. But we will beat Liverpool and everyone will believe again.
Just the way it is.

Much better like this.
Didn’t even read your post. Before you got banned you were so complimentary of the new manager. Now you’ve finally came to terms that our players are fucking shit and overrated and the managers are likely the small part of the big problem.

No Son, no Spurs

Just the way it is.

Much better like this.
Welcome back mate

Can anyone remember a worse all round performance? Have been watching since 1980 and I am struggling. Sure, there have been terrible results in the past against far superior opposition but this was Southampton ffs
Some of the AVB / Sherwood ones? Can't recall specifics because you always had - at least - Bale or Adebayor raising their game for a few minutes each game. Some rough, rough games then, though.

It's the contrast with the past three seasons that's the killer.

(We did lose at St Mary's last season though, I believe?)

See y'all at the Riverside...
Oh I picked a RIGHT one to choose as my first away game of the decade!!

Still, the last time the 'Twenties' came around, there was The Great Depression!!!!

Gahhhhh!

Well you’re going to the right place for that!!

I think every club thinks the same tbh that the other teams get the rub of the green, I think it’s the decisions like the “no goal” against united years ago that’s it been ingrained in us as supporters of spurs
...and Lasagne-gate, and the FA Cup Semi vs Chelsea, and everyone helping Leicester in 2016, and the 1st minute of the CL Final... the list is long!

Still, some Liverpool fans reckon the world is against them, so we've a long way to go yet if THEY'VE got conspiracy theories!!

He's handing out contracts to those defenders mate. How does that make you feel?

Sorry, "disagree" button. I'm on my mobile so I think it autocorrected??

Think the worse injury is Ndombele, at least with him on the ball we have something that looks like a midfield and with Son due back Kane is covered to a degree.

On today’s performance it concerns me as Jan is clearly past it as is Toby and giving him a three year contract beggars belief unless there’s a plan to sell him?

I joined about five years ago and wasn’t there a dislike button once upon a time?

Thoroughly pissed off with today’s performance

All this bias - please explain the penalty that wasn't given to Southampton?

What about 2 penalties not given to Tottenham or you just listen to Jenas and believe him, not your eyes??!
The Southampton one was blasted at Aldi so clearly no penalty- even crap Anthony Taylor couldn't give it.
So now you explain how Spurs got 4 bookings with only 7 "fouls", while Saints got 3 bookings making 20 genuine fouls?? If you watch the game again you will see Spurs "fouls" weren't even fouls.

I think every club thinks the same tbh that the other teams get the rub of the green, I think it’s the decisions like the “no goal” against united years ago that’s it been ingrained in us as supporters of spurs
As a fan of over 40 years, it's not ingrained in me. Or in fact ingrained in anyone with any sort of sense.

How do you come to the conclusion that this game highlights the importance of Sissoko ?

Sissoko played. the whole game. We basically turned to total shit as soon as Ndombele went off and Sissoko went into our midfield.

This game highlights the reverse, how having a shit player, like Sissoko, is causing us to play shit football and have generally become a pretty fucking pale shadow of the team before it had shit players like Sissoko.
He has a place in a decent team (but I do understand your disdain for him, btw), but can't spend all his time covering for the incompetencies of others. If you do the basic stuff right (like pass to your own players, for example, rather than try to dribble it through five opposition players like GLC, N'Dombele, Alli etcetera) then the team as a whole works. As it is, Moussa is having to cover Aurier or the space left by GLC and so on...and it's his athleticism that means he's necessary. If the rest of the team to do their jobs properly, then his role is unnecessary. As it stands, he's a vital cog in a barely-working machine.

However, I'm happy to concede that he maybe doesn't have a place in a different-shaped Spurs team built in a different way. In Jose's team to come - he probably does. Sorry: he's a Mourinho-type-of-player.

Last edited:
Weirdly, I was quite optimistic before today...
Then, watching it with an ultra negative Brother-in-law/Nephew combo, (over for New Year) combined with a slow BT stream spoiled EVERYTHING!
Yes, that's all it took... oh, and also the entire team was shocking!

Honeymoon period well and truly over!

He's handing out contracts to those defenders mate. How does that make you feel?

Sorry, "disagree" button. I'm on my mobile so I think it autocorrected??

Think the worse injury is Ndombele, at least with him on the ball we have something that looks like a midfield and with Son due back Kane is covered to a degree.

Well, I’m assuming that’s Levy rather than Jose?

I have no love for Mourinho. He’s Spurs at the moment, but after that, I’ll forget him. I’m not blaming him for this though. The team is running on fumes and comfortably requires hundreds of millions in investment. If, that is, we want to challenge. Otherwise it’s fine.

Honestly think we’ll end up in the bottom half.

What about 2 penalties not given to Tottenham or you just listen to Jenas and believe him, not your eyes??!
The Southampton one was blasted at Aldi so clearly no penalty- even crap Anthony Taylor couldn't give it.
So now you explain how Spurs got 4 bookings with only 7 "fouls", while Saints got 3 bookings making 20 genuine fouls?? If you watch the game again you will see Spurs "fouls" weren't even fouls.
2 of our yellows were for decent I believe, strategic fouls like the ones Southampton did ( and us v Wolves) never seem to get yellows chucked at them until it reaches a high number.

We may well get that squad rebuild now (may being the key word) but the fact it has taken things getting as bad as they have to do it just epitomises the mindset of the people running the club.
In your dreams! Levy will not spend 10% of what we need.

Back
Top Bottom