Southampton Vs Tottenham - 3pm New Year's Day.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On a real level though, with each passing game I feel more angry and upset that the club decided to back this group of players over our best manager in the Premier League era.

This isn't an anti-Mourinho post either, but it was plain to see for most people not looking at things through an agenda driven angle that Pochettino was not the main problem here. He saw this coming and flagged it numerous times, yet even after all he had done for the club Levy and the board still didn't trust him enough to back him.

I know I'm going over old ground and it's pointless talking about it, but it really is such a shambles now, some serious questions need to be asked and inquests carried out.

Like it was said before, it's easier to sack one individual than an entire group. Then again, it looks more and more likely that we will need a massive overhaul over the next transfer windows in order to get back on track. Manager discussion aside, I think the way we approach our squad rebuild will be pivotal.

The players are the ones that need to take a long hard look at themselves.
No effort, no commitment, no desire, no consideration to the travelling fans. That alone is inexcusable.

Show us you care, show us we count, look like you want to win. If you can't then fuck off and stop stealing from the club.

A lot of true fans can judge a team that gives a shit, one team out there today gave a shit and one was an utter mess. If there was anything decent to defend then supports will find it, but I honestly cannot forgive that performance nor can I find anything to defend. I wish I could. Maybe sometimes a desire to see the team do well creates a blindness through anger, so correct me by all means if you saw something worth clinging to in that rabble of shite.
They 'gave a shit' - they were clearly running. Just shattered. Toby running in treacle; GL ran a lot; Kane f**ked his hammy; Dele was 1/2 speed at the end from the running; Lucas ran and ran; Moussa and Serge ran...it wasn't a lack of effort...just disjointed, and panicked. They struggled with the press against them as we have for the past three seasons.

Saints were hunting in absolute packs - the amount of times there were 3s / 4s around our players - and a lot of the team are too slow to move the ball - not wanting to pass square or back - or too intent on running the ball forwards that they couldn't get past the press. A bit of a lack of football intelligence. That can be coached.

Explain mikes01666, how has Mike Dean booked 4 Spurs players for 7 so-called fouls, and only booked 3 Saints for doing a hefty 20 fouls??

Do Chelsea or Woolwich get this kind of refereeing???
Easy. Because we committed more bookable fouls than they did. Simple. It's not the number of fouls that earn yellows, it's the severity.

Can you explain the disallowed penalty? Clearly hit Alderweireld's arm. Clearly Dean should have awarded it?

Can anyone remember a worse all round performance? Have been watching since 1980 and I am struggling. Sure, there have been terrible results in the past against far superior opposition but this was Southampton ffs

I can take being beaten by a better team, but what grinds me is to watch our team look like they would rather be elsewhere , like it’s a inconvenience to be playing on New Year’s Day, what about the thousands of away fans who travelled today rather than stay at home with there families , who have real jobs and are lucky to earn in a year what dele or Kane earns in a week, today was fucking embarrassing we weren’t out skilled they just wanted it more , it’s a disgrace to lose like that to a team beaten 9-0 at home and haven’t kept a clean sheet for how long? We are all to quick to mock the gooners but I’m not sure we are much better right now

Like it was said before, it's easier to sack one individual than an entire group. Then again, it looks more and more likely that we will need a massive overhaul over the next transfer windows in order to get back on track. Manager discussion aside, I think the way we approach our squad rebuild will be pivotal.
We may well get that squad rebuild now (may being the key word) but the fact it has taken things getting as bad as they have to do it just epitomises the mindset of the people running the club.

He has a point though. Saints were cynical and dirty and Dean didn't do anything about it. I don't blame Southampton for that, you get away with whatever you are allowed to.
Come on, almost every game and every season we hear of this 'conspiracy' against Tottenham. I don't buy it.

Why would such a thing exist?

Disoriented, where Jan passing between the lines, no one falling back to be the anchor when the 2 cb gets split.

Sissoko can't do the role, aurier can't beat cross. Who gave trippier away is seriously idiotic, I suspect pochettino.

The team lacking fight, no fluidity in our game, I can't believe what impression ings has made.

We probably need to rebuild, even teams can play better than us.

Cardiff got thumped 6 1 today, the way we play we could have been 3 0 down.

Before we have signing, we need substance and style. Celso is shocking with his left foot, can't even pass with force.

We definitely need a change, I don't know what's levy thinking with mourinho. He's not the answer. He's being lucky wiring with gifted players who can carry the team, hazard, hulk, ramos, Ronaldo.

Son, Tony, kane and lucas, dombele

We definitely need better players and fast

Not just him; Lo Celso, Ndombele (£100m + there), Dele's brother, Lucas (£25m), Aurier (£23m), etc. etc.

Our scouting department must be heading for the hills.
I think you're being a bit disingenuous. Most of those would get into most prem squads (Dele, Lucas, N'Dombele would get into all, I would imagine). Good players, just not clicking at the moment. Form goes up and down. It will turn.

Well, his original approach was to stop us playing out from the back. That was correct. Teams however have very quickly twigged that all you need to do is play four at the back and hit the ball back at us, and we will fold.

We are second to everything. Listless.

Jose needs to work out how to structure the defence, and that will require a transfer window.
He's handing out contracts to those defenders mate. How does that make you feel?
What dislike button?

But I partially agree with you in that it was fucking woeful performance made worse with Harry maybe out for six weeks
Sorry, "disagree" button. I'm on my mobile so I think it autocorrected??

Think the worse injury is Ndombele, at least with him on the ball we have something that looks like a midfield and with Son due back Kane is covered to a degree.

They 'gave a shit' - they were clearly running. Just shattered. Toby running in treacle; GL ran a lot; Kane f**ked his hammy; Dele was 1/2 speed at the end from the running; Lucas ran and ran; Moussa and Serge ran...it wasn't a lack of effort...just disjointed, and panicked. They struggled with the press against them as we have for the past three seasons.

Saints were hunting in absolute packs - the amount of times there were 3s / 4s around our players - and a lot of the team are too slow to move the ball - not wanting to pass square or back - or too intent on running the ball forwards that they couldn't get past the press. A bit of a lack of football intelligence. That can be coached.
If one of our players has 3 or 4 Saints players around him then there is an ocean of space somewhere else. Someone has to run to that space, and we need to pass the ball to him.

Back
Top Bottom