Southampton Vs Tottenham - 3pm New Year's Day.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Officials today Mike Dean who has form with Spurs, Anthony Taylor who gave 3 penalties in 3 games against Spurs, and keith STroud probably the worst ref in the Championship as 4th offical who got José into trouble today.

The whole thing is rigged against Tottenham regardless of how well or badly they play.
Even by NOT awarding the penalty when it hit Alderweireld's arm?

The officials are not biased against us.

Every genuine Spurs fan can be unhappy losing to a bottom-feeder club like Southampton, but some reactions on here are "fake" Spurs fans who are always stirring crap and as negative as Jermaine Jenas was in the commentary (I had to mute it it was so bad).

Either you support your team when the entire FA & Premier league are putting Mike Dean to officiate your games (with Anthony Taylor as VAR) and you lose because of everything.

Mike Dean booked 4 Spurs players for 7 alleged fouls and booked only 3 Sotons committing 20 proper fouls. Go figure.

One thing is quite clear. With Levy and ENIC as our owners, we'll stay mediocre. They did their money grubbing business with the new stadium because that was more important than buying talent. They are only interested in building an empire. They have no real interest in either Spurs or football. We need a real football fan to come in as a buyer. Without one, we are going to languish mid table at best. This is a pivotal time for Spurs. I don't see a way back at the moment. And my other concern is how long are our best players going to stay if we continue like this? Offers will come in for Kane, Son.....and our wonderful chairman will sell because he prefers money to fine football.
This is a sad day.

Can’t really hang any of this around Jose yet, Jesus he’s been at the club 5 mins and having to play players 99% of fans wouldn’t have in the match day squad never mind starting a game....

If Jose doesn’t replace Aurier, Rose and either Sissoko or Dier this window (meaning if he spends money) then I question him.
If he has no real money to spend then Levy needs to be seriously questioned....

Levy has been a moving target the past few years and got a pass for obvious reasons but that target is starting to slow down now and it won’t be long before shots are fired at him!!

Quite right. All eyes are on Levy. This squad needs a serious amount o f money spent on it.

On a real level though, with each passing game I feel more angry and upset that the club decided to back this group of players over our best manager in the Premier League era.

This isn't an anti-Mourinho post either, but it was plain to see for most people not looking at things through an agenda driven angle that Pochettino was not the main problem here. He saw this coming and flagged it numerous times, yet even after all he had done for the club Levy and the board still didn't trust him enough to back him.

I know I'm going over old ground and it's pointless talking about it, but it really is such a shambles now, some serious questions need to be asked and inquests carried out.

Well, it's OK Jose's at the wheel.

What the fuck has this bloke been doing? We are regressing under him!

That was fucking woeful. Yet the Jose fanboys will no doubt be pushing the dislike button as they always do.

What dislike button?

But I partially agree with you in that it was fucking woeful performance made worse with Harry maybe out for six weeks

He's not stupid, he already knew they weren't good enough.
I am starting to think he just sees it as a free hit with a massive payday either way. Surely he knew it's an average team. & that under levy we don't invest much on new players.

Even by NOT awarding the penalty when it hit Alderweireld's arm?

The officials are not biased against us.

Explain mikes01666, how has Mike Dean booked 4 Spurs players for 7 so-called fouls, and only booked 3 Saints for doing a hefty 20 fouls??

Do Chelsea or Woolwich get this kind of refereeing???

There is nothing mate. Not a single pattern of play, no repeatable moves, runs other than a long ball from Toby.

Well, his original approach was to stop us playing out from the back. That was correct. Teams however have very quickly twigged that all you need to do is play four at the back and hit the ball back at us, and we will fold.

We are second to everything. Listless.

Jose needs to work out how to structure the defence, and that will require a transfer window.

Can’t really hang any of this around Jose yet, Jesus he’s been at the club 5 mins and having to play players 99% of fans wouldn’t have in the match day squad never mind starting a game....

If Jose doesn’t replace Aurier, Rose and either Sissoko or Dier this window (meaning if he spends money) then I question him.
If he has no real money to spend then Levy needs to be seriously questioned....

Levy has been a moving target the past few years and got a pass for obvious reasons but that target is starting to slow down now and it won’t be long before shots are fired at him!!
Jose is handing out contracts to the players that are no longer good enough. That's a massive concern. Toby at fault for the own goal and now today.

Arteta has had more of a positive impact on how Woolwich play (NOT RESULTS) that Jose has with us. We are getting worse, not better.

Genuine questions: How does he want us to play? Why are we so flat? Why can't we win 1v1's? Very basic stuff.

Every genuine Spurs fan can be unhappy losing to a bottom-feeder club like Southampton, but some reactions on here are "fake" Spurs fans who are always stirring crap and as negative as Jermaine Jenas was in the commentary (I had to mute it it was so bad).

Either you support your team when the entire FA & Premier league are putting Mike Dean to officiate your games (with Anthony Taylor as VAR) and you lose because of everything.

Mike Dean booked 4 Spurs players for 7 alleged fouls and booked only 3 Sotons committing 20 proper fouls. Go figure.
All this bias - please explain the penalty that wasn't given to Southampton?

On a real level though, with each passing game I feel more angry and upset that the club decided to back this group of players over our best manager in the Premier League era.

This isn't an anti-Mourinho post either, but it was plain to see for most people not looking at things through an agenda driven angle that Pochettino was not the main problem here. He saw this coming and flagged it numerous times, yet even after all he had done for the club Levy and the board still didn't trust him enough to back him.

I know I'm going over old ground and it's pointless talking about it, but it really is such a shambles now, some serious questions need to be asked and inquests carried out.
Pitch those questions to Mr levy he is answerable to this mess but don't forget he has built a shiny new stadium.

Back
Top Bottom