So it turns out Poch was right

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch can be blamed for a few things. Not taking the FA and League cups seriously, not making tactical changes mid game or making them to late but the squad issue, that is the board. Poch took what squad he had and ran them as hard as he could to get us 4 CL qualifications.

The board employ the scouts, buy and sell players not Poch. We never seem to be able to sell our players when we need to, probably because we are asking for too much then we can’t bring in players because we are waiting to sell so we go stale. This squad is for the most part vintage a few years ago.

Our squad issues sit with the Board, they have to take full responsibility. It is Mourinho’s job to get the best out of the players, but the players he has, that’s not his decision, he can have input but he has to dealt with the hand he is dealt.

So you're not a happy clapper and you're feeling a bit superior then?

Good for you...
No unlike the happy clappers who love certain players far more than the actual team, i want whats best for the team

But talking about feeling superior, how are you pot?

Because, in his own words, just last week.....We need to stop this obsession with spending money.....it doesn't happen in other countries.

To Dare is to Make a Profit

Please show us where Enic are making a profit John, come on, the accounts are available year on end, where do Enic take money? ... i keep asking you this question and you never answer .... wonder why?

Poch has been vindicated, but not completely exonerated. His overzealous training methods are also arguably to blame for the persistent injuries that have plagued our squad over the past few seasons, which resulted in many players' physical deterioration.

Also, Poch has not been cleared for his poor usage of subs, etc. Way too often under Poch we saw ourselves - even under leading circumstances - suddenly chasing the game at 60 minutes gone, 70, 80 minutes gone, for Poch to have still not made his first substitution, and then WHAM we concede and everyone is screaming bloody murder for not taking Dele, etc. off to bring on a fresh pair of legs to change things up.

That excuse can only go on so long. After 6 weeks they should be used to the new methods.
That is absolute nonsense. If the players are doing double training sessions everyday then there's no time for recovery, and it will eventually begin to be counterproductive to the goal at hand.

Off course he was right.

He may not entirely have been the sollution, but he certainly wasn't the problem either.

Oh, and Poch haters:

It's not about the rest of us missing him. It is about Spurs needing more, many more and very expensive players. And we just fucked off tens of millions on first paying out Poch, then paying up Jose. Money we could have used on players, now seeing Poch was in fact not the problem after all...

15 a year for Jose is mental when you can’t pay players the wages they ask for.

I still am on the side that our run of form is down to mercenaries and misuse of the squad. I don’t by it that Jonny Evans is now a better CB than Toby or that SU have a better midfield than us.

Our displays, for me, are down to really poor use of the squad, continuing to play players that don‘t want to be here, and shit tactics.

Why we are pushing for contracts for people like Toby and Eriksen is beyond me and just pushes the root even further into the fibers of this team.

Imagine being one of the players that wants to play for the badge and seeing players like Toby not commit and then suddenly changes his tune once that manager leaves. To me that is just poor management of mentality by the club.

Why is it Poch's fault we did not rebuild? He cried out for it and said we had to be brave!
Wtf. Levy is on some mind control shit I swear
He took control of one of the biggest names in English football 20 fucking years ago and we've seen 1 capital one cup since!
Yet he's still worshipped by many as the second coming.

DecentEmotionalLadybird-size_restricted.gif

It's one of the mysteries of modern humanity.

I'm sure, in decades / centuries to come, scholars and historians will look back on it with incredulity.

Please show us where Enic are making a profit John, come on, the accounts are available year on end, where do Enic take money? ... i keep asking you this question and you never answer .... wonder why?
Tottenham double amount paid to Daniel Levy for the year to more than £6m

Spurs director Levy is highest paid in the Premier League | teamtalk.com

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/tottenham-players-outrage-at-daniel-levy-s-6m-nng8zngh9

Tottenham make world-record £113m profit despite costs of new stadium

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

https://www.90min.com/posts/6336604...-for-2017-18-season-despite-new-stadium-costs

Meanwhile, we have an uder invested mess of a squad going into new decade with the worst points tally for 12 years.

You must be so proud.

15 a year for Jose is mental when you can’t pay players the wages they ask for.

I still am on the side that our run of form is down to mercenaries and misuse of the squad. I don’t by it that Jonny Evans is now a better CB than Toby or that SU have a better midfield than us.

Our displays, for me, are down to really poor use of the squad, continuing to play players that don‘t want to be here, and shit tactics.

Why we are pushing for contracts for people like Toby and Eriksen is beyond me and just pushes the root even further into the fibers of this team.

Imagine being one of the players that wants to play for the badge and seeing players like Toby not commit and then suddenly changes his tune once that manager leaves. To me that is just poor management of mentality by the club.

Not trying to cause a fight or anything, but let us give this premise a go;

Using the squad wrong. Well, how exactly should it be used?

Poch is best modern day Spurs manager. Jose is the most winning modern day PL manager, probably. So both those managers used the squad wrong.

Who is good enough for Spurs and how will they use the squad differently?

Not trying to cause a fight or anything, but let us give this premise a go;

Using the squad wrong. Well, how exactly should it be used?

Poch is best modern day Spurs manager. Jose is the most winning modern day PL manager, probably. So both those managers used the squad wrong.

Who is good enough for Spurs and how will they use the squad differently?

I think Poch lost the plot when he lost Dembele. He thought he couldn't play the high line anymore and turned off the intense pressure. Was he right? I am not so sure and I really think that is what caused his downfall. He finally got some players in with Lo Celso, Ndombele, and Ryan that would eventually help with the pressure game, but he was too far gone and was sacked.

Enter Jose. He has never deployed the high intensity game plan that Poch won us over with and has preferred a more direct route. We have seen this in abundance since he has come here and although we have scored some brilliant goals, the squad is less built for this style of play.

I was a proponent of bringing in a younger coach that isn't afraid to fail. I think Jose, for all his talk about being reinvented, is the same old dude that has too much ego to change. I wanted Nagelsmann, Marsch or Potter. I wanted a manager that would turn the press back on and that would get the most out of the attackers we have in this squad.

Is Jose the answer? I sure hope so, but I think we all saw the real dude come out today. His childish behavior on the sideline is pathetic and I do not care if the other manager did something to piss him off.

Off course he was right.

He may not entirely have been the sollution, but he certainly wasn't the problem either.

Oh, and Poch haters:

It's not about the rest of us missing him. It is about Spurs needing more, many more and very expensive players. And we just fucked off tens of millions on first paying out Poch, then paying up Jose. Money we could have used on players, now seeing Poch was in fact not the problem after all...

Probably weren't gonna get that.... Still aren't...... Then what? ...Do nothing? Let the players continue to phone it in and have the manager continue to skulk about in emo-mode?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom