Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Im assuming you’re the only Spurs fan in the world who doesn’t want a new RB then.
I have NEVER said that once. I've repeatedly said we can do better than Aurier, scores and scores of posts to back this up too.

I've ALLWAYS said his better than Frodo, I also said KWP's was better than him. This and only this has been my position. To this day it's the same. And Aurier's performances this season have shown this. Those slating him now are scapegoating him because his last cross was poor. People actually blamed him for the own gaol the other day, when it was Toby that booted the ball against him!! Today, he was one of our "better" players but today he's coming in for some stick. Realy baffling and totally unworthy. (This doesn't mean he was sensational, feel I have to write this because if I don't there will be an interpretation made, just like you implying I we can't get a better RB).

I have NEVER said that once. I've repeatedly said we can do better than Aurier, scores and scores of posts to back this up too.

I've ALLWAYS said his better than Frodo, I also said KWP's was better than him. This and only this has been my position. To this day it's the same. And Aurier's performances this season have shown this. Those slating him now are scapegoating him because his last cross was poor. People actually blamed him for the own gaol the other day, when it was Toby that booted the ball against him!! Today, he was one of our "better" players but today he's coming in for some stick. Realy baffling and totally unworthy. (This doesn't mean he was sensational, feel I have to write this because if I don't there will be an interpretation made, just like you implying I we can't get a better RB).
If anything, today Aurier was one of our better players. His crossing has been shit though.

Trippier is playing in the defence of a team that’s conceded the least goals in la liga (10 less than Barca actually) and can still win the title.

I think it’s clear to most that he has benefited from his sale, and we haven’t.

We are mate. Hands down. Rewatch today's game and you will see him defending. One all of his duels and got Sissoko and Toby out of jail a few times. But what do I know, I've only played fullback for 40'ish years.

Nice to see you back. Look forward to seeing you defending Jose the "winner" after that shambles. prepare for a fucking war if you do. LOL

:dierpochhug:
In all those instances that Aurier bailed out the defence, Trippier would not even bother. What kind of idiot would still be pining over fucking Trippier .

If anything, today Aurier was one of our better players. His crossing has been shit though.
His crossing was today I would agree. But his put in some beauties recently and if you look back to his other games he's a good crosser.

The problem is crossing is low percentage, another thing I bang on about. A team that crosses loads and scores loads from them is City, but look at the positions they take them from, not from out wide but from the edge of the 18yrd box, usually De Bruyne to the back post. The other they do brilliantly is from the goal-line and then pull it back to a player running in behind Jesus, Aguero who draw the defence.

From out wide, they are really easy to defend against, unless you have Vertoghen trying to stop them!!!

His crossing was today I would agree. But his put in some beauties recently and if you look back to his other games he's a good crosser.

The problem is crossing is low percentage, another thing I bang on about. A team that crosses loads and scores loads from them is City, but look at the positions they take them from, not from out wide but from the edge of the 18yrd box, usually De Bruyne to the back post. The other they do brilliantly is from the goal-line and then pull it back to a player running in behind Jesus, Aguero who draw the defence.

From out wide, they are really easy to defend against, unless you have Vertoghen trying to stop them!!!
Vertonghen and Toby are both done as top level players especially if they dont have a peak Lloris running in to pluck crosses out of the air. As much as I dont want to start whining about the new manager already, why on earth is Mourinho trying to get these old guys new contracts. Most likely leevee wants them contracted so we can sell for money. Which brings me to.. Levy is done at this level as well.

Trippier is playing in the defence of a team that’s conceded the least goals in la liga (10 less than Barca actually) and can still win the title.

I think it’s clear to most that he has benefited from his sale, and we haven’t.
It's AM mate, it's what they do. They pack the defence, allow no space, they've done it for years. They also have their fans moaning like crazy (and they are used to this style) because it's one of their worst start to a season since Simiome joined a decade or so ago.

But please for the love of God fuck off talking about this crap player, he's gone, sold, first out the door because he was our worst player. Just a shame the gaffer never got to complete the rebuild we so desperately need and we are stuck with a dinosaur who's dishing out new contracts to players that really need to find somewhere to retire gracefully.

It's AM mate, it's what they do. They pack the defence, allow no space, they've done it for years. They also have their fans moaning like crazy (and they are used to this style) because it's one of their worst start to a season since Simiome joined a decade or so ago.

But please for the love of God fuck off talking about this crap player, he's gone, sold, first out the door because he was our worst player. Just a shame the gaffer never got to complete the rebuild we so desperately need and we are stuck with a dinosaur who's dishing out new contracts to players that really need to find somewhere to retire gracefully.
Exactly. Also Athletico Madrid has one of the worst scoring rate as well. They are a bottom half team in terms of attack. Trippiers godly crossing hasnt helped them at all. Its actually made them worse. They are scoring fewer goals with Trippier than used to without Trippier.

Fucking spunk bubble.

His performance requires no further evaluation. Who on earth would offer this guy a contract now... French 2nd tier I expect.

Sooo inconsistent.

I thought he was good today. Excellent assist and was getting forward very well. Only thing he truly done badly was sky the ball at the end but let's be honest if it's not Sissoko, Aurier is the last person you want the ball falling to.

If he performed like today every week, it'd be fine and he wouldn't be public enemy number one every week.

For that reason alone, we need to upgrade.

NoAged4.png

Player of the match and highest rated Spurs' player for the second straight match per WhoScored.

Norwich: Second highest rated Spurs' player (behind Kane).
Brighton: Highest rated Spurs' player.
Chelsea: Highest rated Spurs' player.

Back
Top Bottom