FA Cup 3rd Rd - Middlesbrough F.C. Vs Tottenham, Sun 5th Jan.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes Baz, Mourinho’s record is superb. He obviously was a much better manager than Poch. I’d be an idiot to deny that. My question was - can you see him bettering 86 points whilst having the best defensive and offensive record in the league?

I don’t give a fuck

Poch won fuck all with us or any other side he’s managed

That’s all that counts

He was a loser

Jose is a winner

That’s the difference

I don’t have to respond to your posts within a given time frame you obnoxious little fuckwit. It’s as much as I can do to choke down on my disgust for actually engaging with you.

Well don’t bother then you drunken cunt

Just snuggle down in your piss soaked bed with your imaginary ‘wife’ and engage with someone who gives a fuck because I don’t

'fanboys'?

Isn't winning a trophy what every fan wants???
That's the point we all want to win trophies but those of us who haven't seen us win the League in 50+ years and never the European Cup understand that there's more to football than just trophies ... our club is stronger than it has ever been, we can now realistically try and compete with clubs who just twenty years ago were on a different planet.

Nobody is denying that the squad now needs improving, but remember we spent 100m last summer, we are moving in the right direction just not fast enough ...

I use the term "fanboy" as a derogatory dig at those who equate no trophies with failure ... that's simply not true and never has been. We all want trophies but we can still enjoy the ride not slag the hell out of our own club ... Levy, Poch, Mourinho, the players they don't set out to lose ... but sometimes it happens.

Jose is a winner
Not with us he isn’t. Do you support Mourinho or Spurs? Don’t answer - you’ve already defaulted to the dreadful insulting cunt you’ve always been. Forum drunk? Just read your own obsequious, arse licking posts. Now fuck off. You’re a cancer on this forum - read your own posts - everyone is a cunt. You’re a horrible, thick, cowardly little arse wipe who was reduced to baiting me with the tag line under your avatar. You really are a disgusting piece of human effluent.

So what did Poch ever win to back up your theory??

Then compare it to what Mourinho has won

Then come back and explain why Poch is a better manager

I can’t wait 😊
Poch didn't win, but he certainly made us contenders. In 15/16 we were Leicester's biggest contender until a late slip. In 16/17 we were first contenders to Chelsea. And last season we of course came criminally close to winning the Champions League. All this managed on way lower budgets than other top teams.

I seriously don't care how much Mourinho have won. I'm concerned about his future not his past.

Poch is a better manager because he develops players. If he doesn't manage to win a trophy when he gets a chance at one of Europes elite clubs, I'll remove him from the bracket of "elite" managers.

That's the point we all want to win trophies but those of us who haven't seen us win the League in 50+ years and never the European Cup understand that there's more to football than just trophies ... our club is stronger than it has ever been, we can now realistically try and compete with clubs who just twenty years ago were on a different planet.
More to football than glory? Really?
I use the term "fanboy" as a derogatory dig at those who equate no trophies with failure ... that's simply not true and never has been. We all want trophies but we can still enjoy the ride not slag the hell out of our own club ... Levy, Poch, Mourinho, the players they don't set out to lose ... but sometimes it happens.
How do you measure success?

Well don’t bother then you drunken cunt

Just snuggle down in your piss soaked bed with your imaginary ‘wife’ and engage with someone who gives a fuck because I don’t
You sure seem to. In fact I’d say you’re obsessed with me. Just look at your childish insults. Keep the ‘funnies’ coming you old mether - I could bust past 40,000 if you carry on.

Poch didn't win, but he certainly made us contenders. In 15/16 we were Leicester's biggest contender until a late slip. In 16/17 we were first contenders to Chelsea. And last season we of course came criminally close to winning the Champions League. All this managed on way lower budgets than other top teams.

I seriously don't care how much Mourinho have won. I'm concerned about his future not his past.

Poch is a better manager because he develops players. If he doesn't manage to win a trophy when he gets a chance at one of Europes elite clubs, I'll remove him from the bracket of "elite" managers.

Poch was a good manager for us and we had a couple of good seasons which we all enjoyed but we never looked like winning anything and he just gave up

Sadly

Oh, so it's just a question of morale. That should be an easy fix for the worlds best manager. Why aren't we winning already then?

Did I say that it was just a question of morale?

But I’ll throw it back to you

Do you think that the morale of any side is important?

Bazali Bazali Responding to criticism with ‘ha ha’ isn’t wit. It’s just a public demonstration of your shortcomings and your dimly lit mental universe. Now why don’t you fuck off and find which way the wind’s blowing in another thread, and suck up to someone on there?

Not with us he isn’t. Do you support Mourinho or Spurs? Don’t answer - you’ve already defaulted to the dreadful insulting cunt you’ve always been. Forum drunk? Just read your own obsequious, arse licking posts. Now fuck off. You’re a cancer on this forum - read your own posts - everyone is a cunt. You’re a horrible, thick, cowardly little arse wipe who was reduced to baiting me with the tag line under your avatar. You really are a disgusting piece of human effluent.

Yes and you bit

Twice

I warned others that you would do that and sure enough you did

You’re a laughing stock

No José hasn’t won anything with us yet
Bit early don’t you think?

Still it’s never too early for you is it Joe

You sure seem to. In fact I’d say you’re obsessed with me. Just look at your childish insults. Keep the ‘funnies’ coming you old mether - I could bust past 40,000 if you carry on.

But I don’t engage with you
I just respond

If anyone is obsessed it’s you especially when you’re drunk as you clearly are now

Go on Joe change your Avatar wording again
Give us all a laugh 😂

More to football than glory? Really?

How do you measure success?

Wow ... are you a self confessed glory hunter, you are using the terminology ... of course there's more to football than winning trophies - if not the 18m people who attend games every year must mostly be very disappointed.

Success - tough call, is it measured in effort or by results? Is 'success' different for Tottenham than at Barcelona or at Accrington Stanley?

Self help gurus go with soporific statements, but are they right?

“True success is attained only through the satisfaction of knowing you did everything within the limits of your ability to become the very best that you are capable of being.”

I measure success with Spurs based on the huge circle of friends and associates I have met over a lifetime following our club, trophies have been nice but the 2nd division was great as well ... it's easy being a fan of a serial trophy winning club but arguably better being a fan of one who only does it very rarely ... but hey each to their own.

Bottom line success is what every club and every individual determines it is for them ... for Spurs it's always been the doing rather than the result ...

“It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory.”

Did I say that it was just a question of morale?

But I’ll throw it back to you

Do you think that the morale of any side is important?

I think morale is absolutely one of the most importent things. Mourinho's piss poor defensive setup is boring our players. We always play better when we go a goal behind and Mouinho goes all-in and moves away from his initial tactic

I think morale is absolutely one of the most importent things. Mourinho's piss poor defensive setup is boring our players. We always play better when we go a goal behind and Mouinho goes all-in and moves away from his initial tactic

You may be right but if you can have another look at earlier games under Poch like Brighton and Colchester away

Remember this is Poch’s side and Jose is doing what he can but wait until he brings other players of his choosing in and you might see a difference

Back
Top Bottom