Ryan Sessegnon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As a LB, you're under extra pressure relative to a winger, because you generally have less passing options (risky to pass into the center as a LB unless you've already overlapped), and because if you lose the ball, your team is in a worse position than if you lost the ball as a winger.

The difficulty of a modern day wing back is that they are expected to have brilliant overlapping runs leading to offence, while being so good on the ball that they can make those runs and still keep the ball/come back on time if they lose it.

This guy can be good, but he's too young to be an excellent wing back. So we're stuck with a decent wing back (davies), a broken one who used to be excellent (rose), and one too young to be as daring as we need him to be (sessegnon). Not his fault. Levy's.

I might be wrong but he looks a touch shy if that makes sense. As though he is still coming to grips with the move.

He seems a touch fearful of letting rip. He just needs to find his belief and obviously Mourinho must find his best position.

I am confident we will see a real asset but he will need to ask questions of himself.

Very disappointed in what I 've seen from this lad so far. Just 'percentage' football with zero risk or attacking intent. Honestly, makes Davies look like Hazard at the moment as seems like a petrified academy player right now rather than a guy we coveted for ages, whose got experience, and spent a good chunk of change on

Early days and he's young, but it's not wrong to have expected to see a few glimpses by now. Thus far I've seen nothing to impress

Last edited:
Sometimes it helps how you feel within a group or team. I have seen Dele have a harsh go at him and GLC a few times. He might be one of those players that if he is uncomfortable and worrying about fucking up he ends up playing easy option all the time. You can tell with his crosses he is playing it safe rather than whipping in something dangerous.

WIth the team so disjointed, putting it nicely, at the moment, I wouldnt expect much from him to start with as there is no fluidity and good team performances breed confidence in younger players generally. He'll have a good game here or there but will need time to get his confidence going and for him to learn what sort of player he is at this level. I've seen him come back inside far more often than try and skin the full back down the outside so its difficult to understand what his strenghts are. He played LB, LW and RW for Fulham.

Harsh for fans to criticise him so soon.

His early performances show little promise and moreover no flashes to inspire confidence it will come, key word here is EARLY though.

Fingers crossed he develops in time.

Last edited:
Anyone expecting a mix of Gareth Bale and Raheem Sterling is going to bitterly disappointed. This kid's game isn't taking on defenders and beating them with amazing ball control or tricky wing play - practically all of his goals were scored arriving late in the box at the far post to knock in a pass across the penalty box, à la his Bayern Munich goal. Like Trippier or Davies this guy won't be knocking the ball past defenders and leaving them for dead with pace or tying them up in knots with ball skills, in fact his skill set is very limited and I'm not very hopeful that he'll prove to be any more successful that the previously mentioned.

I might be wrong but he looks a touch shy if that makes sense. As though he is still coming to grips with the move.

He seems a touch fearful of letting rip. He just needs to find his belief and obviously Mourinho must find his best position.

I am confident we will see a real asset but he will need to ask questions of himself.

I get the impression with all of our new boys, they seem a shy bunch - although Tango skillset is so outrageous it's not too noticeable.

I want Gio to tell Dele to fuck off the next time he screams at him. Show some bollocks ffs. You're a better player and the same age as him.

As for Sess, he deserves time as he's very young but it has not been a blistering start by any stretch.

I get the impression with all of our new boys, they seem a shy bunch - although Tango skillset is so outrageous it's not too noticeable.

I want Gio to tell Dele to fuck off the next time he screams at him. Show some bollocks ffs. You're a better player and the same age as him.

As for Sess, he deserves time as he's very young but it has not been a blistering start by any stretch.

Agreed but yes, the key ingredient is time which is why had the likes of Lo Celso, Sessegnon, Ndombele and Clarke been able to be introduced 18 months ago they would have had such better examples to follow, plus less pressure on their shoulders.

This club does not learn.

Looks every inch the player I saw at Fulham and had ZERO idea why anybody wanted him.

“He’s only 17.....18......19...........”

Im going to hear this when he’s still doing nothing at 23 aren’t I?

sigh

Why can’t anyone we sign ever make a difference

Looks every inch the player I saw at Fulham and had ZERO idea why anybody wanted him.

“He’s only 17.....18......19...........”

Im going to hear this when he’s still doing nothing at 23 aren’t I?

sigh

Why can’t anyone we sign ever make a difference

Not great so far and yes, instant impact would be good.

I remember you saying we needed to give Moura time when we bought him though.

Surely that's even more relevant for younger players?

Come back to this point in a year.

Not great so far and yes, instant impact would be good.

I remember you saying we needed to give Moura time when we bought him though.

Surely that's even more relevant for younger players?

Come back to this point in a year.
Moura had shown quality though for PSG and looked a bright prospect and despite the fact people are slagging him off he still offers energy and something different.

Sessegnon has had one good season in the champo, was absolutely awful, slow crap in the PL and looks no different now.

I will give him time but I’m not going to kid myself that there’s some kind of Bale hidden in there. There isn’t and once Davies and Rose are fir Id pick them every day of the week, so for 25M it’s a crying shame that he’s not better than what we have.
Sick of waiting “2yrs” for our signings to resemble a step up.
Sick of waiting for Dele to grow, sick of waiting for Ndombele to be anything other than injured potential and I’m sick of people complaining about us being rubbish and constantly defending rubbish players while tearing strips off of Dier, who actually makes us better, and Moura and Toby and Jan and now Gaz ffs.

Give me Jan at LB on Saturday, with Sanchez covering, because people are in for a shock if they think Sessengon can handle Arnold out there.

Back
Top Bottom