Ryan Sessegnon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm fully aware of the lads age before that's used as his defence. If you're good enough age doesn't matter is what people correctly say, but this lad apart from 1 kick has not shown he is anywhere near good enough.

From what I can see, he is a long long way and a few loan spells away from our first team. He makes kwp look competent at the moment. I'm failing to see flashes of brilliance or a mind that reads the game well to be honest. Perhaps my expectations were far too high, but all I really hoped for from a youngster was a bit of useful pace on the flank.

Useless is what we got. Fucking useless. Scared perhaps or just not good enough. Was excited to see his name again on the team sheet, but age has never been a concern of mine above performances - and he is going to have to work hard and dig deep to win me around now.

I will agree with Jose on this one. He isn't ready to be a LB and has more qualities up front. He has shown a couple times when playing up front that he has the willingness to make runs off the shoulders of defenders. His champ goal scoring form also shows he has a Dele knack for being in the right place at the right time.

That being said, I was never sold on this move and thought there were far more talented attackers we could have signed during the two plus windows we were rumored to be chasing him.

David Brooks being the one I wanted.

I will agree with Jose on this one. He isn't ready to be a LB and has more qualities up front. He has shown a couple times when playing up front that he has the willingness to make runs off the shoulders of defenders. His champ goal scoring form also shows he has a Dele knack for being in the right place at the right time.

That being said, I was never sold on this move and thought there were far more talented attackers we could have signed during the two plus windows we were rumored to be chasing him.

David Brooks being the one I wanted.
He’s trapped in the Janssen paradox at the moment: bought as young prospect but injuries mean the 15-20 minute cameos that should be happening have become full games. In his defence over Vinny, he’s not in his best position at LB.

Need proper LB cover and Sonny back asap.

Looks a decent sprinter but doesn’t seem very skillful or technically proficient. Can’t seem to beat a man either although that may just be down to a fear of losing the ball and getting caught at the back.

I think he could be moulded into a solid player for us in time, but was he worth all the fuss and chasing over 2 plus windows? Meh, probably not.

He got his name off the back of scoring goals as a 16 year old and onwards.

So it seems counter productive now starting him at left back. I'd have much rather have seen him play left wing instead of seeing Lucas up there.

Fulham supporters will tell everyone Sess is not a LB that is not his positon, he may become one but that needs training & coaching
if that was what Poch got him for well why not buy a trained LB ?
buying players and changing how they play or the position they play takes time and may never happen

You see this is why our current situation is horrendous

How old is Sessegnon?

The guy is here for the long term. A real prospect.

But we are so bereft of quality and example that we focus on his limitations as opposed to looking at his potential.

Look at the players around him and the same to some extent at Foyth.

Just who can they learn from?

Fcuk me.

You see this is why our current situation is horrendous

How old is Sessegnon?

The guy is here for the long term. A real prospect.

But we are so bereft of quality and example that we focus on his limitations as opposed to looking at his potential.

Look at the players around him and the same to some extent at Foyth.

Just who can they learn from?

Fcuk me.

That's quite the garbled sentiment overall, but who can Sessengon learn from?

LB: Jose, Coaches, Rose, Davies, Vert
LW: Jose, Coaches, any of our AMs

.....Is this a trick question?

To be fair whenever I watched him at Fulham, he didn't seem the type to take on and beat a man - just made his name scoring goals, usually tap ins or through great movement off the ball.

So to expect that off him, especially this early on in his Spurs career is probably a bit much. I actually like what I've seen from him as a full back in terms of defending. If he can manage to get forward and find himself at the back post for crosses or as an outlet on breaks, he could be an incredible asset.

To be fair whenever I watched him at Fulham, he didn't seem the type to take on and beat a man - just made his name scoring goals, usually tap ins or through great movement off the ball.

So to expect that off him, especially this early on in his Spurs career is probably a bit much. I actually like what I've seen from him as a full back in terms of defending. If he can manage to get forward and find himself at the back post for crosses or as an outlet on breaks, he could be an incredible asset.
Think just confidence and maybe frightened of losing the ball when playing as a wing back, when he was forced on the outside he did alright.

Back
Top Bottom