Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

i guess your memory needs some help - eriksen was brilliant in 18/19 playing an essential role in the champions league and doing well in the premiership. Christian Eriksen Statistics | Premier League 8 goals and 12 assists in the premiership i would claim is acceptable - just to remind you - harry kane made 17 goals and 4 assists - but i guess you think he was shite too?
I guess your memory needs some help. Eriksen was absolute shite in that Champions League campaign, out of the 6 forward players (Winks, Sissoko, Dele, Son, Lucas, Eriksen) he was the least effective by a long shot. Hell, even Llorente was more of a factor than him. The last game Eriksen has been immense for us in the Champions League was the Juve 2-2 draw, (he was shite in the 1-0 Inter win as well, just happened to score the goal). Take your Danish goggles off and you will see why 97% of this forum want him gone. He's a good player, he just doesn't give a shite about Spurs, and of course because of that, we don't give a shite anymore about him.

But most of Eriksen’s passes are now tippy tappy 5 yard sideways risk free passes. You compare that to Lo Celso who probably has a lower completion rate but at least he is always looking to play forward. So pass completion rate is a pretty worthless statistic in my book

Your 'book' follows a common misconception, and in this case is entirely wrong. Eriksen completed twice as many passes over 25 yards (8) as LoCelso (4) .... and more forward passes Eriksen (31) LoCelso (28)

but you were right about pass success Eriksen was better at 83% LoCelso 79%

We all know Eriksen is playing at 75% but he's still a class act ... don't be blinded by what you think "most of Eriksen’s passes are now tippy tappy 5 yard sideways" when with five minutes of effort you can search up his actual pass details and avoid such an amateur mistake.

Guess what Mourinho doesn't pick him because he's shit ....

Last edited:
Your 'book' follows a common misconception, and in this case is entirely wrong. Eriksen completed twice as many passes over 25 yards (8) as LoCelso (4) .... and more forward passes Eriksen (31) LoCelso (28)

We all know Eriksen is playing at 75% but he's still a class act ... don't be blinded by what you think "most of Eriksen’s passes are now tippy tappy 5 yard sideways" when with five minutes of effort you can search up his actual pass details and avoid such an amateur mistake.

As I have said before statistics don’t mean that much to me because they can be manipulated and bent to suit an agenda. I watch the game with my eyes- so perhaps YOU shouldn’t make such an amateur mistake as relying on fairly meaningless figures to underline Eriksen’s effectiveness. Lo Celso and Lamela were far more progressive and had more of an impact on the game.
As for Mourinho picking him I admit it is very perplexing as there seems to be no benefit to anyone in doing so. Eriksen may not be shit as you put it but he has been playing shit and shouldn’t be picked

Last edited:

Fucking hell, do you watch matches or just read stats?
Eriksen saunters around the pitch pulling out of tackles, giving the ball away in dangerous positions and toe poking shit passes into nowhere. Half the "successful" passes are where his team mates actually worked hard to make sure they got it.

Fucking hell, do you watch matches or just read stats?
Eriksen saunters around the pitch pulling out of tackles, giving the ball away in dangerous positions and toe poking shit passes into nowhere. Half the "successful" passes are where his team mates actually worked hard to make sure they got it.
Whatever mate you keep writing made up shit - LoCelso makes more forward and long passes - and when anyone can easily prove you're wrong you'll keep looking like an idiot.

Whatever mate you keep writing made up shit - LoCelso makes more forward and long passes - and when anyone can easily prove you're wrong you'll keep looking like an idiot.
Answer my question- do you actually watch the games?

I'm not suggesting Lo Celso is the 2nd coming. I'm asking if you actually watch games and have actually seen what Eriksen has to offer.

He genuinely looked great when he came on, because he knows he's moving
If the move was to somehow falter and he doesn’t go until the summer, the way Mourinho used him today is exactly how it should be done. Don’t ever start, instead bring him on for 15-20mins towards the end.

Him and Aurier were clicked really well together.

Answer my question- do you actually watch the games?

I'm not suggesting Lo Celso is the 2nd coming. I'm asking if you actually watch games and have actually seen what Eriksen has to offer.

Every game live most at 1am in the morning ... then again when I'm more sober ... early start so not that late already back home from the sports bar ...

Eriksen was the best player on the pitch when he came on today - or did you miss that?

I've seen Eriksen play 100's of times, of course I know what he has to offer ... don't you?

Every game live most at 1am in the morning ... then again when I'm more sober ... early start so not that late already back home from the sports bar ...

Eriksen was the best player on the pitch when he came on today - or did you miss that?

I've seen Eriksen play 100's of times, of course I know what he has to offer ... don't you?

he was the most important player on this team for the past several years but until say 6 months ago. he controlled and dictated the game for us. we are seeing the result of what we are when he stops trying

The comments in this thread are brilliant. He came on, put a corner straight in Foster’s hands, massively over-hit a through ball and didn’t do much else but all of a sudden he’s our best midfielder and was great when he came on today?

Eriksen has been at 10% or less. He's a hindrance to the team at the moment and is a real liability with the ball. 10 men would be better.

If that's all he does, might we well just use Winks. At least he tackles.

You just described Winks as well who people seem to love. The guys as pointless as Eriksen now.

Please leave. You're not a Spurs fan and not one Spurs fan gives one single, solitary fuck what an Eriksen fanboi thinks. Defending Eriksen because you're a Dane is like defending a peodo because he's your dad.
Ummmmm really I mean really I think you might need to re-read that one buddy...also a little bit icky .

He genuinely looked great when he came on, because he knows he's moving
I swear to God I think I saw the fucker win a tackle...don't mock me. I'm sure I did maybe possibly even more than once. I agree he seemed to have spring in his step. Like when you hand your notice in at work....he knows he's off so the shackles are off a bit. Let's just get this saga done and move on. Best for all parties

To deny he played well today when he came on would be daft.

His best will be a loss for us because his quality at its best is not easily bettered.

I think however that Lo Celso shows promise.

But we will lose Eriksen's goals. And before it's said we have missed his goals too often in the last 18 months on top of his wider contribution.

Back
Top Bottom