Is Top 4 Gone Now And What Would Be The Ramifications?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Top 4 Gone?

• Total voters
Results really couldn't have gone as well as they did this week. Wolves could potentially drop points tomorrow against Liverpool too. I mean it's likely.

Considering our next league fixture is Man City, we definitely needed a week like this.

Chelsea dropping points at home to an Woolwich team who had 2 shots all game. Man Utd losing at home to a Burnley team that hasn't got a single point off the big 6 all season and Sheffield Utd losing to City.

Next fixtures :

Chelsea - Leicester (A)
Man Utd - Wolves (H)
Wolves - Liverpool (H), Man Utd (A)
Sheff Utd - Palace (A)

Getting anything against City, unlikely, would be huge looking at those fixtures.

Results really couldn't have gone as well as they did this week. Wolves could potentially drop points tomorrow against Liverpool too. I mean it's likely.

Considering our next league fixture is Man City, we definitely needed a week like this.

Chelsea dropping points at home to an Woolwich team who had 2 shots all game. Man Utd losing at home to a Burnley team that hasn't got a single point off the big 6 all season and Sheffield Utd losing to City.

Next fixtures :

Chelsea - Leicester (A)
Man Utd - Wolves (H)
Wolves - Liverpool (H), Man Utd (A)
Sheff Utd - Palace (A)

Getting anything against City, unlikely, would be huge looking at those fixtures.
Totti I thought we had Saints the City. Is that FA cup?

6 points off 4th with 14 games to play, so far from decided at yet. But we do need a run of good results sometime to get to 4th.

Funny old league this season though, 11 points separate 5th and 19th. anything could happen more or less.

The thing is that because everyone is so mediocre every game is in the balance.

Normally you could write off some games especially with the big 6. But that's no longer the case.

Then you have solid teams like sheff utd and wolves who can beat anyone on their day home or away. There's no fear factor anymore apart from Liverpool.

The mental edge that the big teams used to have before a ball was kicked has gone.

If you look at the numbers with no context we are bang in there with a shout

But I see no reality in which we put together a run of wins

We were dreadful yet again tonight against a championship standard side

6 points off 4th with 14 games to play, so far from decided at yet. But we do need a run of good results sometime to get to 4th.

Funny old league this season though, 11 points separate 5th and 19th. anything could happen more or less.
The good thing is that everyone has been shite recently bar Liverpool and to a lesser extent City. Luckily Chelsea and Man Ure are as consistent as baby shite. Sadly we're depending on them remaining that way.

The good thing is that everyone has been shite recently bar Liverpool and to a lesser extent City. Luckily Chelsea and Man Ure are as consistent as baby shite. Sadly we're depending on them remaining that way.

Anyone putting together a run and 4th is there's. Just hoping we get our shit together.

If Lo Celso continues to improve and we get Ndombele back and firing as CM plus get in a forward and don't get too many injuries that could be us

How the fuck we are still in with a vague sniff of top 4 is beyond me. Sums up how piss poor and inconsistent everyone is.
Just can't see us putting a run of results together unless something drastic happens...

Last edited:
Anyone putting together a run and 4th is there's. Just hoping we get our shit together.

If Lo Celso continues to improve and we get Ndombele back and firing as CM plus get in a forward and don't get too many injuries that could be us
We've still got that defence though, and the good team will shred it and take advantage. We were lucky tonight, Pukki looked like he couldn't finish a fish supper (but he clearly has done so many times...). The ease with which we got torn to shreds by a team that doesn't score goals was embarrassing.

His last game 1-1 away to Sheffield United

Ilymrzf.png

Table today

CUYPg7h.png

We've still got that defence though, and the good team will shred it and take advantage. We were lucky tonight, Pukki looked like he couldn't finish a fish supper (but he clearly has done so many times...). The ease with which we got torn to shreds by a team that doesn't score goals was embarrassing.

I'm hoping the current defence with Davies back at LB (where we are most weak atm) will keep out most goals, and that Gedson with Ndombele improves CM to both help create goals but also off some additional protection to the defence.

Then if we can score goals we get points - and if the other teams around us continue to be as flakey as they have been, we are ok.

Important though, its in our hands to change over the remaining 14 games.

But it could go either way, as could ManU, Chelsea and everyone else this season.

I'm hoping the current defence with Davies back at LB (where we are most weak atm) will keep out most goals, and that Gedson with Ndombele improves CM to both help create goals but also off some additional protection to the defence.

Then if we can score goals we get points - and if the other teams around us continue to be as flakey as they have been, we are ok.

Important though, its in our hands to change over the remaining 14 games.

But it could go either way, as could ManU, Chelsea and everyone else this season.
Jan, Toby and Ben will be destroyed by any teams with pace.

Now considering that we are 6 points off 4th, despite our fucking woeful form you would think this is the perfect time to purchase players to give us the boost we need and give us a little extra quality which might see us finish 4th...

It was weird seeing the boys live tonight. We have plenty of technically nice, pretty players but we don't seek to have a lot of brains or craftiness regarding off ball movement, panache, ruthlessness. It felt like a few are either really struggling or just don't know how to get out of third gear.

Are we too easy to defend against? It's bizarre as they all have a nice look when on the ball but we just lack so much energy and soul to our game. It's like theynall play well within themselves there's a real lack of relentless football in so many departments.

Happy with the win and I think they are all really nice players talent wise but something isn't clicking. Gedson clearly has natural ability but I worry that he will turn out too feeble for the league, we'll see about that and we hugely miss Sissoko at the moment. Ndombele is the key to our season, if he can come good and we add at least 1 player this window we have a chance but if Tanguy continues to be stop start I ain't sure we have the legs compared to more dynamic teams like Sheffield United and Wolves etc. Lo Celso looked great but I'm starting to get concerns about Sessegnon and I'm a fan of his as well. We need him to go at players, take them on but he's so worried about making a mistake that he ain't making anything at all.

Back
Top Bottom