Is Top 4 Gone Now And What Would Be The Ramifications?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Top 4 Gone?

• Total voters
Top 4 Finish odds:

Leicester
1/12

Chelsea
1/2

Manchester Utd
5/2

Tottenham
6/1

Wolves
10/1

Woolwich
28/1

Sheffield Utd
28/1

Everton
66/1

Chelsea's next 3 fixtures:
Leicester (A), Man U (H), Tottenham (H)

Our next 4 fixtures, bringing us to the same amount of games played as Chelsea:
Norwich (H), Man City (H), Aston Villa (A), Chelsea (A)

Last edited:
Chavs have won 4 drawn 2 lost 6 of their last 12. They’re on 40 points after 24 games which averages to 63 for the season. It’s real race to the bottom stuff for 4th place.

Not prepared to concede it’s gone yet but it isn’t far away.

What I would say is that once CL qualification becomes remote, I’d like to see us write the rest of the PL season off and try to blood some youngsters. I find it astonishing year after year seeing mid-table dross trot out the same players in May and without a thought towards the future of the club. Seriously what do the Spammers achieve by playing Mark Noble in May unless they’re fighting relegation or challenging for Europe?

For us, this would mean significant minutes for Tango, Skipp, Sessegnon and Parrot as a minimum. If none appear good enough following a run of games so be it, but you wont find a time as appropriate to give chances as this and I can almost guarantee we will find that, much like Tanganga, some of these guys can offer substantial amounts to this club.

Imagine how great it would be going into the summer thinking we need 3 players for the squad rather than 6 because we’ve established quality options from within.

its already remote!!!

We're still slightly better than our recent form would make you think. We badly need a striker (DM too, but I don't think we'll get one this window)... things should get better. To be fair, I don't really care much where we finish this season as long as we don't get European football or don't get relegated. We need to improve tremendously for next season, this should be our focus now. This and the FA Cup.

Yeah but those things are linked, finish 10th and the quality of player we can attract will be drastically diminished and FAcup is likely gone on sat Im afraid.

Consistency get Top 4. Exactly what we lack.

All the teams from 4th downwards lack consistency. If even one of the chasing back behind the Chavs could come up with a consistent run of results, they'd have every chance of getting it. I'd agree with you though, I wouldn't be very confident that it will be us.

It's not impossible but it's not in our hands

I got the feeling that other will slow down a little bit though. The question is: will we start to win most of our games? I am excited to see...

COYS!

This is how fucked the league is.

Matchday 10. Southampton lost 9-0 They were 2nd from bottom. Looked screwed.

Since then they have got 23 points. Up to 9th. One win off potential Top 6.

Same time frame Chelsea have got 20 points. Were 4th still 4th.

Win tonight we have got 22 points.
We Were 11th. Could be either 5th or 7th with enough goals scored. Losing to Chelsea at home will probably come back to haunt us.

Tightest league in ages outside the top 4.

Back
Top Bottom