Saints vs Mighty Spurs | FA 4th round Sat 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Aurier lost the ball in a dangerous position, hence they scored.

It's not 100% his fault because it's a 90 minute game but if he doesn't make that calamitous mistake, they would not have scored.

Factual. No scapegoating.
Son and Moura score their very presentable chances in the first half and that becomes a consolation.

Factual. Not Goatscaping.

Listened to it and just watched the highlights. Therefore can’t won’t/can’t join in with cunting individuals off (posters or players!).

However, from the little I saw: GLC looked good and what he did for the goal was class; Son could’ve had a hat trick; Aurier’s mistake was an almost carbon copy of Foyth v Norwich away.

Just wishing or hoping we would just get it done today. Seems we can’t do things easily atm. Must be pissing the manager off as much as it’s doing our collective swedes it though!

Taking a small crumb of comfort though, I can’t help thinking that the extra game isn’t ‘that’ bad. Rather like a batsman playing himself in, we have to find form at some point. Don’t we?

It looks like we almost have the personnel...they just need to click.....

Or I am being naive???

Really I think the squad out there today is very likeable. What sucks is playing without a striker. Willian jose, Piatek, bring freaking llorente back, something. Levy must make a move this week.

We can't play Jose's long ball game without a big target man. Kane, though much more than a target man, is the only one who could fill that role.

We lack a combative hustling CDM to break up attacks and win the scraps of long balls launched at our back line. Dier is just too damn slow and immobile, and Winks too small.

If we addressed this, we'd go a long way towards fixing our problems, but it's all on Levy now, and whether or not he thinks it's worth doing what it takes to get us back in Europe. I really hope he wakes up and decides not to roll the dice on Kane wanting out if we fail to qualify for continental play this next season.

His attempts to challenge for aerial balls were pathetic.
Dele never challenges for an arial ball, he will wait f knows for what, he won't jump unless it's a free header.

He played well today in batches, he did defend and was good going forward.

He is a second or slow to execute a pass.

Happy with his display.

It's the missed chances did the damage but a we didn't lose which is just fine for a cup tie apart from the extra game to play.

The 5th round FA Cup draw takes place at 7.20pm on Monday 27 January 2020 before Bournemouth's match with Woolwich.
TV channel: The draw will be shown live on The One Show on BBC One.

Another game where our forward players piss away numerous chances, and pre-chances to create chances.

And here’s the really fucking worrying thing, it’s not even our biggest weakspot. We still haven’t got a 6 or a LB.

Please god don’t let me have to watch the Brazilian deluxe Lennon as a CF any more.

As frustrating as today's result was, from where I was, we played very well for long periods of the game, and it was nice to see a 'new' Tottenham team, without the likes of Eriksen and Rose, starting to come together. Aurier had one of his better performances and Tanganga looked composed and class. Up front, Lucas kept working his arse off, and we were linking up very nicely with Lo Celso being our central cog making everything tick.

The atmosphere was excellent too. Proper celebrations when we scored and plenty to enjoy (can't remember enjoying our football away from home for a while).

But then, we seemed to panic and lose confidence as we got closer to the end. That's where some outfield leadership is desperately needed. We gave them too may good chances and they took one - hardly a surprise. Still, I hoped we might nick it, but not to be.

Overall, a positive step forward in terms of our fluidity and set-up, but the mentality, concentration and leadership is still way off.

In desperate need of a player who can hold the ball up when Harry is out. Today proved that point in that Son struggles and so does Moura without a target man.

LoCelso is already streets better than Eriksen, can tackle, has pace and guile and an eye for a pass or two.

Fantastic player in our midst.

Aphorisms are general truths. You have to use your imagination for the rest.

Also: 38 points is usually enough to stay up.
Its not really an aphorism though. its a misconception. Usually a good attack wins matches and hence more points than a good defense. Otherwise Athletico would be winning titles after titles instead of Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Back
Top Bottom