Come here to laugh at West Spam

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Got a phone call from West Ham asking why i havent taken up my seat since the Palace game , i said " im not happy with my seat " whats wrong with you seat she said " It faces the pitch i replied.

Some of them still have their gallows humour.

Damning .. big financial losses announced this morning and there in a precaurious state yet sullivan and gold coining it in and bucket cunt brady pulling in £1.3 mil in wages !.
Well done for winning stratford .:levylol:

Last edited:
Damning .. big financial losses announced this morning and there in a precaurious state yet sullivan and gold coining it in

Hilarious!

While talking about their accounts (£28m loss this year!) They still couldn't help themselves by mentioning the bit of carpet they grabbed from a boot sale.

If it was anybody else (bar Chelsea and Woolwich) I'd feel sorry for them.

Damning .. big financial losses announced this morning and there in a precaurious state yet sullivan and gold coining it in and bucket cunt brady pulling in £1.3 mil in wages !.

Bucket cunt?

:paulinhobored:

Hilarious!

While talking about their accounts (£28m loss this year!) They still couldn't help themselves by mentioning the bit of carpet they grabbed from a boot sale.

“We have also now obtained the claret pitch surround which we had been striving to install since we moved into the stadium. This has really improved the look and feel of the stadium.”

:harrylol: :levylol:

"The board made a decision at the beginning of 2018 to embark on an investment programme that would involve bringing in a world class manager, investing in better players and making significant investment in the club's infrastructure," said Sullivan.

"We now believe we have one of the strongest squads and management teams in the Premier League."

:dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol:

I think their goose is finally cooked.
Might not be the best outcome though, no? The dildo bros having to sell up could be a positive for them. It's unlikely, but that cheap rent at the Olympic makes it less of a millstone...a well heeled investor who so desired could easily cover those payments whilst actually moving the club back home and into a proper football stadium. And the cost of a new stadium could be more feasible were someone to pick the club up on the bargain bin from the brink of collapse.

I'd almost say the pikies ought to be rooting for it.

They still owe a net £70mn on transfers. They are truly truly fucked if they get relegated & have no assets of consequence to sell apart from Declan Rice whose star appears to be fading very quickly.

I think you're right. Not only that £70m still owed, but they've also valued their existing players at silly amounts - way more than they'd get if there were a fire sale.

Antonio is good when he's fit, but they can't play him 90 mins every game because he never is. And he's 29, with his best years past him. I agree about Rice. He really hasn't shone much recently. One decent keeper.

Journos and Spam-watchers in the know say that their training ground is shite. So, good luck with improving your players there.

If they go down, their parachute payments won't be enough to stop them going bust.

Yeah, Karren! Can't wait to see you lecturing the Apprentices as to "how it's done", and one of them turns round and says "takes a certain type of genius to make a PL club go bust, when the Govt gifts you a stadium and charges peppercorn rents, and the PL pay you £120m just for turning up"

Might not be the best outcome though, no? The dildo bros having to sell up could be a positive for them. It's unlikely, but that cheap rent at the Olympic makes it less of a millstone...a well heeled investor who so desired could easily cover those payments whilst actually moving the club back home and into a proper football stadium. And the cost of a new stadium could be more feasible were someone to pick the club up on the bargain bin from the brink of collapse.

I'd almost say the pikies ought to be rooting for it.

Issue is their stadium is rented, they have cabins for a training ground, crap players and a fan base that is deserting on a large scale, their assets are basically shit.

I grew up in a West Ham supporting area, most of my mates are spam fans. The stadium has killed them, they sit miles away from the pitch with no atmosphere in the middle of a wasteland near a shopping centre that is embarrassed by their presence.

One of my mates used to go with about 15-20 people, out of that group about 8 still go and around 5 plan to pack it in at the end of the season, these are hardcore fans as well and this is very normal, there will be around 1/3 of their fan base my mate reckon next season or so at the going rate, they will need tourists and away fans to take up even more slack.

The ground itself is their death. Any new owner would have to buy the ground, knock it down and rebuild it as an actual football stadium, if the Olympic Stadium was any less suited to football it would be the Olympic swimming pool.

The alternative would be to buy the club and look to ground share with Charlton or Crystal Palace or someone but the Olympic stadium is unsustainable. If they go down they could have 10-15K fans watching (inclusive of away and tourists) in a 60,000 stadium looking over a running track to try and see a football game in the distance.

Back
Top Bottom