Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think he had any intention of signing a new contract, that's my issue we could of sold him a season ago if he wanted. To go £20M is good negotiation but with a decent amount of contract he's worth at least £75-80M. You can choose to believe what you wish and I can choose what I want to.

Fair enough he wants to leave to win a title, great but remember who's paying your wages at the club you are currently at. His head was clearly "turned" for the last year.
His intention was to leave, this he made absolutely crystal clear, there was zero ambiguity. He even stated that he hoped the club could sort this out over the summer.

We didn't sell him. All the noises were at that stage was that we didn't want to sell him, Poch is on record more than once saying he wants him to say (he didn't say this about any other player). When Jose arrived he too made a very public statement that he wanted him to stay.

It's up to the CLUB to sell him, so if your angry that he wasn't sold in the summer then that anger should be directed to the Club. If you think he should have been sold the previous year, then I take it you were happy that we sell our best players.

He could have had intentions to run his contract down, but he didn't.

When you state so categorically that someone is a lier you first need to show the lie.

Last edited:
His intention was to leave, this he made absolutely crystal clear, there was zero ambiguity. He even stated that he hoped the club could sort this out over the summer.

We didn't sell him. All the noises were at that stage was that we didn't want to sell him, Poch is on record more than once saying he wants him to say (he didn't say this about any other player). When Jose arrived he too made a very public statement that he wanted him to stay.

It's up to the CLUB to sell him, so if your angry that he wasn't sold in the summer then that anger should be directed to the Club. If you think he should have been sold the previous Club, then I take it you were happy that we sell our best players.

He could have had intentions to run his contract down, but he didn't.

When you state so categorically that someone is a lier you first need to show the lie.

I have said "IMO" he is a liar and you conveniently missed this, "Or I will sit down myself at the table and negotiate a new contract." He never had any intention of doing so. If the CLUB thought there was a possibility of him staying why would they sell him? Again I don't care if you agree with me, its my opinion, the fact he did this at Ajax too and his performances over the past year haven't helped my opinion of him. It is totally fine to disagree.

I have said "IMO" he is a liar and you conveniently missed this, "Or I will sit down myself at the table and negotiate a new contract." He never had any intention of doing so. If the CLUB thought there was a possibility of him staying why would they sell him? Again I don't care if you agree with me, its my opinion, the fact he did this at Ajax too and his performances over the past year haven't helped my opinion of him. It is totally fine to disagree.
You can't say that he had no intention of doing something if the actual result was that he didn't do what you are saying he intended to do.

It's not about me and you agreeing with anything, I don't mind this in the slightest, however, it's not a matter of "opinion" that he lied. He either did or didn't.

Okay, I'm going to be a bit of an ass and micro-analyze why it's just not sitting well with me. He did what was needed and the absolute bare minimum at that.

"I don't know where to start!"

Bullshit. That's something that someone says when they're talking and were surprised by the levity of the situation or have so many competing thoughts that they are unsure of where to start. In an instagram post, that's just meaningless filler to create some ridiculous sense of him needing to pause for reflection.

"I didnt have time to say goodbye to everyone, even though i felt like i played a lot of games where everyone said and thought i would be gone the next day."

Feels oddly like a back-handed comment. He doesn't need to say the last bit. He could have left it at the point where he said he didn't have time to say goodbye to everyone. There's no reason to say the remainder of that line. This is really bothering me for some reason and I'm not sure why.

Maybe it makes it seem like he was forced to wait until the move? Or could it be that he is implying that everyone was clambering for him to leave but he was the good one and kept giving it all for the team?

"I have so many unbeliveable memories..."

Fine, it's just boilerplate filler.

"I enjoyed being at the training ground every day and playing games in the stadium so much,"

Great, glad to hear it, but isn't this a note to the fans? You liked the training ground and the stadium? Save that for Daniel Levy or the grounds crew.

"but sometimes you just want to try something new!"

You already said this...months ago while you were still a player and had some time left on your contract...we get it.

"So, Spurs fans it has been a pleasure to play at your club"

This just completely distances himself from the club and the fans. It was a pleasure to "play at your club". It's like there is no attachment or connection at all, or that he was any real part of it aside from just being there to play at our place for a little while.

"hopefully we meet again in the future!"

:dembelefingers:

Honestly, I was really over my frustration with him and moving on, but first his lack of any acknowledgement at first was poor, and now this pissed me off.

If he has a PR team, they suck. He wrote a letter to the fans and made no discernible recognition of the support he had received or showed any connection to the fans and club.

How about thanking them for all the support over the 6.5 years?
How about them singing his name millions of times during that period?
How about all the supporters who travelled thousands of miles to support him everywhere he went to play?
How about all of the people who bought his shirts and made him a household name?

None of that, no, he really enjoyed the training ground and the stadium.

Sorry, he's a cunt.
He don't feel us mate. Been apparent forever. I even felt the distance at the city game that night in the champions league. I actually like the man, but he is not emotionally invested in spurs never has been. Been a solid player for us and has scored some amazing goals. Sad it ended this way but I'm soooo glad he has gone.

Cake and eat come to mind.

Sure was good of Poch to sell Sigurdsson and put his faith in the 'kid'

Well you keep promising to leave it but here you are.
I wrote once I was done, I am not keeping on with anything - I do however reply to BS posts.

You on the other hand have written twice that you do not like reading what I write.

Easy solution, fucking don't!

No, not eat and cake, you are reaching..

What has Poch giving Eriksen faith got to do with making him? - Guess because Eriksen took that faith and repaid with good play, he was made by Poch.

Thought you just said Chadli was picked over Eriksen several times by Poch, that sounds a bit contradicting to me.

As long as you keep quoting, I will quote back. easy as that.

I wrote once I was done, I am not keeping on with anything - I do however reply to BS posts.

You on the other hand have written twice that you do not like reading what I write.

Easy solution, fucking don't!

No, not eat and cake, you are reaching..

What has Poch giving Eriksen faith got to do with making him? - Guess because Eriksen took that faith and repaid with good play, he was made by Poch.

Thought you just said Chadli was picked over Eriksen several times by Poch, that sounds a bit contradicting to me.

As long as you keep quoting, I will quote back. easy as that.
Never said that Chadli was picked over eriksen several times by Poch.

Back
Top Bottom