Daniel Levy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Only if you're some trophy obsessed fanboy - you are literally saying that every club that doesn't win is therefore a failure and the fans should cunt off the owner/manger/players endlessly - is that indeed what you're saying?
I didn't say that - read it again. Not having wont with THAT quality of players is a failure

Like jacking off to balance sheets?

Not having won a single thing with the best Spurs teams since the 80s is a massive failure - not sure how you can even try and spin it otherwise. Even Utd and Woolwich won number of trophies during that period with far inferior teams. Calling fans who are disappointed with that 'glory hunting cunts' is disgraceful
So by your own admission, our board have presented the management with the best team we’ve had in forty years, yet we’ve still failed. What else could the board have done? Given us our very very bestest best team since the eighties?

Failures have been on the pitch mainly, and off the pitch to a much lesser extent. If Woolwich and ManU have won trophies with worse teams, surely this is a management, coaching and playing problem?

So by your own admission, our board have presented the management with the best team we’ve had in forty years, yet we’ve still failed. What else could the board have done? Given us our very very bestest best team since the eighties?

Failures have been on the pitch mainly, and off the pitch to a much lesser extent. If Woolwich and ManU have won trophies with worse teams, surely this is a management, coaching and playing problem?
Yes of course management is accountable. But I also think we were one quality player away from that winning formula

I didn't say that - read it again. Not having won with THAT quality of players is a failure

Are you even remotely claiming we have had the best set off players in the EPL at any time in the last twenty years? if so in which years? .... if you think "THAT quality of players" must win then what about those clubs with better quality players - Woolwich, Chelsea, Liverpool, City, Utd all have had better for years ....

Even today we are maybe only third and that's a push ...

You want it both ways - the owners gave us "THAT quality of players" but because we didn't win anything that's on the owners? does that argument even make sense?

I agree with ArcspacE ArcspacE both under Redknapp and Poch we looked one maybe two players away from winning something big, a nearly complete team but not quite there.

As for Woolwich’s title winners they had an outstanding team and Fergie United where brilliant except for his very last team that was starved of cash with Van Persie up top, that was a Fergie miracle for sure.

Are you even remotely claiming we have had the best set off players in the EPL at any time in the last twenty years? if so in which years? .... if you think "THAT quality of players" must win then what about those clubs with better quality players - Woolwich, Chelsea, Liverpool, City, Utd all have had better for years ....
I sad they were better than some of the teams who won multiple trophies at the same time. Our league finishing position proves that further.

If you think our 2015-17 team wasn't good enough to win even the EL of FA Cup - you're beyond delusional. Wenger won it twice on his last legs with utter clowns in his team.

Invested in it like Liverpool did at the opportune moment and who knows what could have happened, the ships now sailed for us and it's all too little too late

Invested in it like Liverpool did at the opportune moment and who knows what could have happened, the ships now sailed for us and it's all too little too late
Agreed - when Poch said we need to be brave Levy put his phone on Silent

When Klopp said they need to be brave - Board wrote him a blank cheque to sign the best CB and Keeper available

You can't polish a turd although sure as hell Poch tried his best at times - i.e. Trippier

Agreed - when Poch said we need to be brave Levy put his phone on Silent

When Klopp said they need to be brave - Board wrote him a blank cheque to sign the best CB and Keeper available

You can't polish a turd although sure as hell Poch tried his best at times - i.e. Trippier

They didn't write a blank cheque, they sold Coutinho for £120m to pay for those two signings.

I sad they were better than some of the teams who won multiple trophies at the same time. Our league finishing position proves that further.

If you think our 2015-17 team wasn't good enough to win even the EL of FA Cup - you're beyond delusional. Wenger won it twice on his last legs with utter clowns in his team.
Who? ..... you can't just throw that out there and not back it up ....

"better than some of the teams who won multiple trophies at the same time"

Wenger won it twice on his last legs with utter clowns in his team - whilst driving Woolwich out of the top four great plan ... and as much as we hate Woolwich the last trophy they won was three years ago and it was only that season when we finally caught up with them ...

Who? ..... you can't just throw that out there and not back it up ....

"better than some of the teams who won multiple trophies at the same time"

Wenger won it twice on his last legs with utter clowns in his team - whilst driving Woolwich out of the top four great plan ... and as much as we hate Woolwich the last trophy they won was three years ago and it was only that season when we finally caught up with them ...
I said already - Woolwich and Utd during that same time period. We were better than them by miles.

They didn't write a blank cheque, they sold Coutinho for £120m to pay for those two signings.
True but they could have pocketed the money for their shareholders or new stand, etc

Or given him half only because he hadn't won shit by then, etc.

Guess I'm just disappointed how it all went wrong with Poch - we had such a good team

Liverpool invested ZERO this year after Klippity said he had a great squad ... now who said exactly that in 2018? hindsight as ever is great, but just spending money doesn't guarantee success ask West Ham and Everton how that's working out ...

There is no argument from me we should have spent money that summer, but as Liverpool are proving this season spending nothing could have been the correct decision, in hindsight it just wasn't.

I said already - Woolwich and Utd during that same time period. We were better than them by miles.
What same period? you're now just making up insane nonsense ... Woolwich finished above us feck knows how many years in a row up until 2016 no question they were better ... and since then they've won nothing at all ....

Man Utd spent 391m on transfers to win their last two trophies and had a squad valued at nearly double ours ... how on earth were we better?

Liverpool invested ZERO this year after Klippity said he had a great squad ... now who said exactly that in 2018? hindsight as ever is great, but just spending money doesn't guarantee success ask West Ham and Everton how that's working out ...

There is no argument from me we should have spent money that summer, but as Liverpool are proving this season spending nothing could have been the correct decision, in hindsight it just wasn't.

We were regressing on the pitch long before that 2018 window mate we should have gone big in 16 and 17 windows IMO although the situation now would be a lot better had we invested big in 2018 instead of 19

What same period? you're now just making up insane nonsense ... Woolwich finished above us feck knows how many years in a row up until 2016 no question they were better ... and since then they've won nothing at all ....

Man Utd spent 391m at Man Utd and had a squad valued at nearly double ours ... how were we better?
Can you read - 2015 - 2017

We were regressing on the pitch long before that 2018 window mate we should have gone big in 16 and 17 windows IMO although the situation now would be a lot better had we invested big in 2018 instead of 19

In hindsight I agree, and of course we know now that we were carrying a lot of deadwood, but Poch was the manager and he decided to keep what he had. He could have sold Eriksen for 150m (like Klippity did with Coutinho) but he decided not to ...

Remember Liverpool net spent just 10m 16/17/18 .... we spent net 30m in fact in the last five years we've spent almost exactly the same net on players as they have Dippers 119.75m Spurs 120.47m

It was never just the money that mattered ir was always what you did with it .... look at those cunts down the road they spent 297m net only to go backwards, and the Pikeys spent 179m net and are going down (please) and those twats in Manchester spent 538m and 668m respectively how's that working out?

Poch did a more than decent job on a mid-table budget, he just couldn't make the really tough calls that would have taken him over the top.

Like jacking off to balance sheets?

Not having won a single thing with the best Spurs teams since the 80s is a massive failure - not sure how you can even try and spin it otherwise. Even Utd and Woolwich won number of trophies during that period with far inferior teams. Calling fans who are disappointed with that 'glory hunting cunts' is disgraceful
If Man U and Woolwich won trophies with far “inferior” teams than Spurs as you say, then surely that’s more our managers fault than our chairman’s fault, right?

So according to reports our Dan got £17m for Eriksen, got Inter to pay Ajax £1m sell on and provide a friendly for free. The Friendly should generate £4m making a grand total of £22m.... twice what we paid for him and over 6 years service!

Back
Top Bottom