Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Unlike some people, I'm the same off line as I am on here, ie I wouldn't use the words that I pulled people up on. And someone taking the mickey out of a premature baby should be ashamed (at least he offered an apology).
I try to live by the adage, if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.
Believe me, I turn a blind eye to a lot of garbage that goes on here.

Think he honestly didn't believe it.

Personally I'm not really that offended, as she has come through it as well as she possibly could, but has challenges ahead, her growth and development has certainly been retarded, hence it's touchy for me.

It makes me super sensitive to those less fortunate who have profound disability, that will feel really upset at terms like that being used as a description of other peoples bad behaviour (I work with learning disability, and really do get upset at the piss taking that goes on from certain people, like it's fine to laugh at the disabled).

Personally I'm not really that offended, as she has come through it as well as she possibly could, but has challenges ahead, her growth and development has certainly been retarded, hence it's touchy for me.

It makes me super sensitive to those less fortunate who have profound disability, that will feel really upset at terms like that being used as a description of other peoples bad behaviour (I work with learning disability, and really do get upset at the piss taking that goes on from certain people, like it's fine to laugh at the disabled).
I see what you did there.

Yes I understand that, as I volunteer at a special needs group, and that's why I don't like terms that are disrespectful of disabilities.
Sounds like your daughter has a lovely dad to support her, every way he can :)

Rightly or wrongly, is it fair to say it will be a bit of a storm in a teacup? I notice the Guardian, which usually gets its knickers in a twist about such matters, doesn't seem to be going big on the story...

wow what a surprise another racist.

I live in the UK and not the first time, I have had to experience it personally but now even this. So many people in the UK don't even bother differentiating between different Asians. Derogatory comments about how pandemics are happening in Asia because Asians eat weird stuff et.

This is why we need Son HEUNG MIN as asian representation :sonpoint::sonlol: :D

wow what a surprise another racist.
Have you never, ever told or laughed at a racist joke? Never, ever said something you later regretted that could be construed as racist? Never, ever had a racist thought?

I'd imagine you have. I have, so has pretty much everybody, regardless of their creed or colour. Are we all racists?

Sad indictment of the world we live in then. This celebrity culture where everyone seems to care so deeply about what they do solely because they excel in one profession (sports, music, acting etc.) is just weird. Sometimes I listen to the radio and they’ll say “oh X tweeted this beef at Y and Y tweeted back with this”, sorry but who cares?
I agree. Its crazy how big the 'philip schofield coming out as gay' story is. But it seems to be what the people want.

Back
Top Bottom