Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa (A) (16/02/20) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It looks as though we are very much in the hunt for QPR's Eze. I've only seen him once, but he looks like Grealish with pace and better work rate.

I thought Eze was a wide player... Then I saw comments such as yours in recent weeks.... Then I noticed that JG had been playing on the left.... Now I'm just confused.

Eze: CAM or WF?

Grealish's delivery for the 2nd from the corner was right into that kind of zone of indecision for keepers.

Most keepers, not Gomes though.

(No blame on Hugo there IMO)
First goal:
On first viewing, all on Hugo.
Second viewing (due to the deflection) a fuck up between Hugo and Toby, it happens. Although I agree Hugo should of taken command, either come for it or give a clear signal/shout to Toby.

Second goal:
No blame on Hugo. A VERY windy day, playing in a stadium with open corners and the wind swirling around.
You could see it with the CBs of both teams, mis-judging the flight of the high ball.

I thought Eze was a wide player... Then I saw comments such as yours in recent weeks.... Then I noticed that JG had been playing on the left.... Now I'm just confused.

Eze: CAM or WF?
I don't know what Eze's best position is. I watched him against Leeds last month. He looks versatile.

I hate Grealish. Not enough verticality in his game, too many touches, lazy as sin without the ball. You couldn't put him in midfield-that's why he's playing in a front 3.

QPR - Leeds 1:0

There's the "I was the true winner of the league" jibe. He will definitely be thinking he should be recognised as the winner. To a large extent I agree with him. I just hope he can use that sense of injustice to bring us glory next year.
That lighting doesn't flatter...Jose needs more fucking hair...

:mourfacepalm:

For too long under Mauricio Pochettino a once vibrant attack had become stale. In the nascent reign of Mourinho it has often been one-dimensional and predictable. Here, aided by a troubled defence, it was impressive and pulsating.

I don't know what Eze's best position is. I watched him against Leeds last month. He looks versatile.

I hate Grealish. Not enough verticality in his game, too many touches, lazy as sin without the ball. You couldn't put him in midfield-that's why he's playing in a front 3.

QPR - Leeds 1:0
I maintain that Grealish looks very good because he’s on a very bad Villa team. He’s a decent player with moments of brilliance but you’d think he’s the English Messi sometimes with how the media goes on about it.

Turns 25 in September so I doubt there is much more to his game than what we’ve seen.

United will pay £60m for him in the summer and I’ll laugh.

Apparently the Villa manager is banging on about a "farcical VAR decision" that gave us the penalty.

I can only see one farcical decision - the decision of the Villa manager to embarrass himself and his club by pretending it wasn't a penalty. When you upend an opponent in your own penalty box, guess what it is...

Apparently the Villa manager is banging on about a "farcical VAR decision" that gave us the penalty.

I can only see one farcical decision - the decision of the Villa manager to embarrass himself and his club by pretending it wasn't a penalty. When you upend an opponent in your own penalty box, guess what it is...
He should focus on his defense rather than VAR.

“But he knew there wouldn’t be a next chance today “

WTF

:mourwhat:
Because it was the last minute of injury time. Or didn’t you notice? In the context of the post it was obvious.

Yes, he plays with the attitude of a man who if he misses a chance, he’ll get the next, but he knew there wouldn’t be a next chance today. A picture of concentration in netting the winner.

Stop nitpicking - you’re not moaning about the sentence. You disagreed because it was me. Now you’re desperately trying to backtrack.

Leave me out of your dimly lit mental universe. Thanks.

Last edited:
No mate I think Gazza is now a better option. All goalkeepers make mistakes- after all Lloris was injured after a horrific clanger against Brighton which certainly wasn’t his first howler of the season. But Lloris looked like a frightened rabbit caught in the headlights today with no presence whatsoever. He should have come for both crosses that led to Villa’s goals and appears more and more glued to his line. I am not saying Gazza is great but at least he has a bit of time to get better and become more rounded as he isn’t that experienced and perhaps with good coaching he will develop. Lloris is in decline
Agreed. You can see he wants to come out but then retreated. This action didn't help him and certainly didn’t help Toby. When that ball went up in the air, I thought that was his and then thought why the f he didn’t come out. The thing with Gazza is that he can make mistake but at least he is decisive and that is what you want in a keeper, especially a Captain if the team.

Chelsea v Man. United tomorrow is interesting as well, although it doesn't seem very likely that Ole will get a result there, but who knows.. Even a draw would be good news.
United seem to get results in spite of Ole.

Despite what United supporters will tell you there is the making of a good squad there. If they hadn’t sold Lukaku they’d be pushing much harder for 3rd/4th. Greenwood is a talent, too.

Their midfield sucks, but Bruno is really good 10.

Back
Top Bottom