Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa (A) (16/02/20) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Chelsea v Man. United tomorrow is interesting as well, although it doesn't seem very likely that Ole will get a result there, but who knows.. Even a draw would be good news.
To be fair to Ole, Utd have picked up some big results against the so called top 6

What on Earth did you see today that gave you ANY confidence in Lloris? He has been a great keeper for us over the years but he looked genuinely clueless and frightened today

Lloris has been very good since he came back. Not great today, possible that conditions affected him or something else, but then the conditions for Reina were the same and was excellent.

Lloris is not just our best keeper, he will be remembered as one of our all time great keepers, because he is. He’s not perfect, but no keeper is. Just got to accept that really.

I maintain that Grealish looks very good because he’s on a very bad Villa team. He’s a decent player with moments of brilliance but you’d think he’s the English Messi sometimes with how the media goes on about it.

Turns 25 in September so I doubt there is much more to his game than what we’ve seen.

United will pay £60m for him in the summer and I’ll laugh.
He strikes the ball well and has excellent close control, but I rarely see him split a defence with a pass. I would take Norwich's Buendia over him all day long.

He strikes the ball well and has excellent close control, but I rarely see him split a defence with a pass. I would take Norwich's Buendia over him all day long.
Oh man Buendia is the nuts. I don’t care how many midfielders we do or don’t have he is quality.

True, but away from home they've been dreadful this season (only won 3 out of 13 away matches in the league).
Fair point of course

Chelsea have been a bit inconsistent at home though so could go either way , I really don’t think there is much between us , Chelsea , United etc

Coincidently our away form must be down there with Utd , unless I am mistaken today was only our 3rd away win of the season

Apparently the Villa manager is banging on about a "farcical VAR decision" that gave us the penalty.

I can only see one farcical decision - the decision of the Villa manager to embarrass himself and his club by pretending it wasn't a penalty. When you upend an opponent in your own penalty box, guess what it is...
The only thing wrong about that decision was Bergwijn not screaming for it

Apologies for reposting what I just put on the Guardian site...

I really enjoyed that, two attack minded teams held back by great defending (and goalkeeping) and tidy midfield play. I suppse a draw would have been a fair result but we got lucky at the end.

I was surprised to saee Grealish playing out wide, he's always seemed to me more of a midfield playmaker, but he was fantastic, all game we needed two players on him. I really hope he stays with Villa and they stay up. He was my MotM by some way.

YIDS

I maintain that Grealish looks very good because he’s on a very bad Villa team. He’s a decent player with moments of brilliance but you’d think he’s the English Messi sometimes with how the media goes on about it.

Turns 25 in September so I doubt there is much more to his game than what we’ve seen.

United will pay £60m for him in the summer and I’ll laugh.
Unfair, I used to be sceptical but from what I've seen this season he's been outstanding. He was the most skillful player on the pitch today by far. Even as a Spurs fan, wishing he'd fall over and so on I loved how he tied us up. We needed two or three players on him at all times, and had to foul him again and again to stop him getting through us. Objectively he was the MotM easily.

Subjectively I I'd say Winks and Dier in the first half and maybe Aurier in the second. Sonny for his two goals of course but christ, how we needed a centre forward

Unfair, I used to be sceptical but from what I've seen this season he's been outstanding. He was the most skillful player on the pitch today by far. Even as a Spurs fan, wishing he'd fall over and so on I loved how he tied us up. We needed two or three players on him at all times, and had to foul him again and again to stop him getting through us. Objectively he was the MotM,. S

Subjectively I I'd say Winks and Dier in the first half and MNybe Aurier in the second. Sonny for his two goals of course but christ, how we needed a centre forward

My dyslexia demands to know who Chris Howwe is!!!

Edit: DAMN your edit!

Unfair, I used to be sceptical but from what I've seen this season he's been outstanding. He was the most skillful player on the pitch today by far. Even as a Spurs fan, wishing he'd fall over and so on I loved how he tied us up. We needed two or three players on him at all times, and had to foul him again and again to stop him getting through us. Objectively he was the MotM easily.

Subjectively I I'd say Winks and Dier in the first half and maybe Aurier in the second. Sonny for his two goals of course but christ, how we needed a centre forward

Controversial, but I like it. :pochsmirk:

Subjectively I I'd say Winks and Dier in the first half and MNybe Aurier in the second. Sonny for his two goals of course but christ, how we needed a centre forward
He’s a fine player but he’s best at Villa because their style of play is designed with him as the focal point.

I just don’t think he’ll translate to a starter in a Champions League squad or England for that matter. He needs a free role and I don’t know if he gets that anywhere else.

Haha, just have! Only just seen the game, had mates round earlier and we demolished a load of wine. I just watched on Full Matches and Shows, helped by a few beers so Im well lashed

:gazza2::gazza2::gazza2:

d738epf-f3341ece-f3a4-46dd-9c25-0c4f1244af74.png

It's different if you watch the game later without knowing the score, I dunno, maybe you can be more Zen. I was still shouting and carrying on, the wife well away, but maybe I was more understanding?

I never post during games, I think it really hinders your enjoyment, but watching later is like that times five if you know what I mean. You cant check your phone or find out what other teams do, it's weird

Back
Top Bottom