Tottenham Hotspur Versus Redbull Leipzig 19/02/2010

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In all honesty, with no Kane or Son did or does anyone expect any different to us dropping no out against one of the best perfmroning teams in Germany at the moment?

I look past the Mourinho record of recent times and look at our circumstances. No striker it's a killer blow to lose Kane and Sonny. Can't get irate about what's in the lap of the gods

Pretty much this.

I thougt we did as well as we could given the players available. We should have been praised not slagged off.

You mean miracles are off the table?
Splitter!

The tie being just 0-1 means we have a fighting chance.

We've all seen red cards, penalties, counter attacks, goals off of people's arses change games. We go to Germany with plenty of hope, especially based on that last 30 minutes or so. Onto Chelsea now, its uphill but we don't have a chance if we all start getting sulky with the situation, it is what it is

Not aimed at you but sometimes I feel that people say this with annoyance, as if they're frustrated that there's a world class striker in a not overly world class squad standing in the way of a new striker.

If a new striker somehow starts outperforming Kane, Jose will play them. But the most likely reason they won't play is that they'll be kept out of the team by a world top 3 striker, which should be a situation that fans are grateful for.

Of course, Kane's injury situation also creates a new incentive to come to Spurs and still get some decent game time.
I think everyone backs Kane, that doesn't need to be said. But this team does have a real problem of not having a proper back up striker. It's a really tough position for us to be in. And we aren't a bottomless pot of gold like Madrid or United are where we can pay big money for a quality striker to just sit on the bench so it's really hard for us.

Anyway could be worse, pity the poor fuckers who flew from South Korea to see Sonny and instead had to sit through that shit, and now get to relax in the salubrious surroundings of the Edmonton Travelodge.
You think they care how we played? They support Son, not Tottenham. They won't even bother watching the 2nd leg if Son isn't playing.

I don’t care what XG said. They hit the post, Werner had a one on one so did the striker shortly after the goal. They could have been 4-0 up before we even started playing.

I’d rather use my eyes than rely on stats.

There might not be a clearer indication of how dumb those stats are when you look at this game. How they have an xG of 1 is just hilarious. Which golden opportunity was the one? I thought that they had 3 pretty impressive chances before the clock hit 2 minutes.

A lot of similarities in what I saw from Atletico with how we tried to set up imo but obviously without the effectiveness first half. It's hard to see what we can do differently really with no Kane or Son but we're still in it and if we can score early in Germany it's game on.

On a positive note, GLC, Ndombele, Gedson, Bergwijn and Sess signed within the past 8 months, all who have the potential to be big players if they want it enough. The future is actually very bright and I'm really excited for next season should we avoid too many injuries. We've seen glimpses of what we can look like under Mourinho but he's working with very little at the moment and you can't put that on him at all.

Levy totally to blame. Can’t try and act like a big club without doing the bare minimum basics. No striker for a club this size? Cunt is playing us all. And this dickhead had the audacity to increase season ticket prices.

Get Levy and his ENIC frauds out of this club. Killing us.
Granted enough supporters wanted them out how could they be actually outsted. Voting?

Levy totally to blame. Can’t try and act like a big club without doing the bare minimum basics. No striker for a club this size? Cunt is playing us all. And this dickhead had the audacity to increase season ticket prices.

Get Levy and his ENIC frauds out of this club. Killing us.

I repeat my statement from a few pages ago - our wage bill is twice that of Leipzig - resources did not win this match

There might not be a clearer indication of how dumb those stats are when you look at this game. How they have an xG of 1 is just hilarious. Which golden opportunity was the one? I thought that they had 3 pretty impressive chances before the clock hit 2 minutes.

For most of the game they were the better side
No doubt

It wasn't in the lap of the gods. It was in the lap of our chairman

We'll have to see it differently then Bill. Losing Kane and Son within weeks of each other was a sickener. Son scored 6 in 5 building up to this game and we were averaged 2.5 goals a game for the last 5 fixtures. It's brutal we lose both for most if not all of the campaign it's shit luck.

People have to accept that Levy hasn't been the stingy person people apparently want him to be to prove a point. I bet there ain't too many teams who have spent as much as we have in the last 7-8 months it's just a killer of a blow but we move on.

Back
Top Bottom