Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't know if we were eyeing him for 18 months. But we have changed managers recently, so you have to take that into account. The new manager wanted a forward who was not utterly one-dimensional. You're talking about a guy who would have cost £25m, with an additional commitment to perhaps £9m-£12m+ in wages on a 3-4 year contract. Meanwhile we already have a heap of players we need to find buyers for.
We were interested in both Bergwjin and Piatek since October 2018, I gave a link previously in the January transfer thread.

We changed managers, yet still chased after Bergwjin and are apparently interested in Lalana again about 6 years after we first went for him.

Somehow I doubt the managers choose the players and if that's correct, and those selecting the targets are selecting fast mobile players, then it's a waste of time having Jose here.

See we got the whole "Jose is working miracles, only Liverpool got more points than us..." shite all weekend.

The simple fact is that since the start of the New Year, we haven't been doing all right, we've been pretty mediocre, with quite a few teams doing better than us. So basically Jose gave us a bounce and now it's tailing off. Considering Villa handed us a couple of points, we really haven't done well since before the home game against Chelsea.
Since the new Kane hasnt played a single game either. So basically we need a fucking striker which Scrooge Mclevy did not buy.

We were interested in both Bergwjin and Piatek since October 2018, I gave a link previously in the January transfer thread.

We changed managers, yet still chased after Bergwjin and are apparently interested in Lalana again about 6 years after we first went for him.

Somehow I doubt the managers choose the players and if that's correct, and those selecting the targets are selecting fast mobile players, then it's a waste of time having Jose here.
I believe we have been interested in Bergwijn since around the time we played PSV in the CL, yes. As for Piatek, I cannot remember hearing much about him.

Bergwijn was given the green light by Mourinho. He was not brought in over his head, as you seem to be suggesting.

The main reason we did not sign a striker is because those available were not of sufficient quality to have a long-term future here.

What a crock of shit this is. Do you have proof for this statement in bold? No, I bet you do not.

See Bazali Bazali ? Sometimes questions are needed because BS is spouted...
I dont need proof for simple things. Before he signed the contract he was talking about being brave to push on. Then levy doubles his wages and he gets all quiet about transfers and how there was just no one available in a whole fucking summer transfer window. The whole world was improving their squads but suddenly poch couldnt find anyone. Either he was completely fucking incompetent or he filled up his pockets and went quiet because he was being paid 8m suddenly.

If we were in that period where Poch was universally loved and results were good and he lost Kane, Son & Sissoko as well as Eriksen (even when he was here he was gone) NDombele being a bit fragile, Rose a gonner, Davies for 10 weeks and the sudden but clear decline of Vertongen there would be absolutely ZERO blame at Poch's door.

On occasions where his teams failed to show up, he wasn't held responsible, the squad were.

Why should it be different for Mourinho? He's fighting blind with one hand tied behind his back at the moment. Wait until he has all the options at his disposal and then judge him.

It's a bit petty those that had it in for him before he started having a dig now.
That's a massive "If" there mate.

But maybe he's loved because a Poch team always at the very least set up with a plan to try to attempt to win a game of football??

I believe we have been interested in Bergwijn since around the time we played PSV in the CL, yes. As for Piatek, I cannot remember hearing much about him.

Bergwijn was given the green light by Mourinho. He was not brought in over his head, as you seem to be suggesting.

The main reason we did not sign a striker is because those available were not of sufficient quality to have a long-term future here.
So why green light Bergwjin when he's not the player you need?

Why not go, no, give me a striker, Willian Jose, for that money instead?

After all, wasn't that the amount that his team wanted for him?

I dont need proof for simple things. Before he signed the contract he was talking about being brave to push on. Then levy doubles his wages and he gets all quiet about transfers and how there was just no one available in a whole fucking summer transfer window. The whole world was improving their squads but suddenly poch couldnt find anyone. Either he was completely fucking incompetent or he filled up his pockets and went quiet because he was being paid 8m suddenly.
So if you think Levy offers big money to hire Yes men, what makes anything think Jose will be any different?

Isn't his salary nearly double what Poch was on?

So if you think Levy offers big money to hire Yes men, what makes anything think Jose will be any different?

In all his time as a manager for all clubs, hes not once been scared of throwing the owners under the bus when they arent putting out. Maybe he wont do it right away but if hes built up enough credit and levy still stinges out, the whole world will know about just how pissed he is with levy.

I seriously have very little recollection of Janssen scoring 6 goals

I thought that too but then remembered he got a load of penalties. It was from open play that he struggled.

The irony though of us trying to offload him every window thereafter for two years then selling him last summer but actually needing him in the last window. If we’d of kept up not being able to sell him he’d of found himself as first choice striker for us now. That just illustrates how depressing our handling of our striking positions has been!

So why green light Bergwjin when he's not the player you need?

Why not go, no, give me a striker, Willian Jose, for that money instead?

After all, wasn't that the amount that his team wanted for him?
Why give the green light to a move for Bergwijn? Because we were selling Eriksen. Because for all his hard work, Lucas lacks basic qualities. Because Lamela is almost always injured. Because Alli's career is stalling.

I think you are a decent judge of a player. You tell me if Willian Jose is good enough to make an impression here for the next 3-4 years.

When we hired Mourinho, Duncan Castles said we were paying him more or less what we were paying Poch. But everyone else seems to be running with a figure of £15m figure at the moment, so I am not sure.

Mourinho does not do subtlety. If he feels Levy is acting the cock when it comes to player recruitment, he will be shouting it from the rooftops.

I feel like I’m digging at Jose a lot here but something I thought about this morning.

After the game, he commented that Chelsea had England, Belgium’s and France’s 2nd choice striker in their squad.

Worth pointing out that Abraham wasn’t England’s second choice striker until Lampard decided to give him an extended chance in the first XI. Which does make you think about Parrott.

What do people think re Parrott? Is he a bad egg? Because from the pre season games he played (appreciate it’s only pre-season) he seemed more than comfortable at this level. And, quite importantly, he didn’t seem to struggle physically which is the normal concern of a young player.

When we hired Mourinho, Duncan Castles said we were paying him more or less what we were paying Poch. But everyone else seems to be running with a figure of £15m figure at the moment, so I am not sure.

Mourinho does not do subtlety. If he feels Levy is acting the cock when it comes to player recruitment, he will be shouting it from the rooftops.

I've always seen £15 Million/year, similar to what he was earning at ManUtd.

£20 Million for getting sacked from United? That's almost 2 Georges-Kévin Nkoudous. 😱

I dont need proof for simple things.
You do need proof before you libel someone and cast aspersions on their fucking character. The first one is fucking law and the second is fucking decency. Find some.

Before he signed the contract he was talking about being brave to push on. Then levy doubles his wages and he gets all quiet about transfers and how there was just no one available in a whole fucking summer transfer window.
post hoc ergo propter hoc. 2+2 = 5 in your world doesn't it?

The whole world was improving their squads but suddenly poch couldnt find anyone.
Proof...De Jong said he was almost on his way that summer. So you are fucking wrong...and/or worse.

Either he was completely fucking incompetent or he filled up his pockets and went quiet because he was being paid 8m suddenly.
...and we've found the worse. Jesus man get a grip.

Back
Top Bottom