Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I couldn't give a fuck about what those drunken gooner scum think.

Then why fucking change the manager? Our own fans wanted Poch out, but they wank furiously over the chav king who's done as you say "doing the same that Poch did".

Not having a pop at you personally fella, still fuming that our manager rolled over for his ex-football club twice within 2 two fucking months, without even trying to win the game.

Calm down, G.... They really aren't.

"doing the same that Poch did" in top 6 clashes... Overall Jose's PPG this season is notably superior.

How many trophies do you get for beating the rest of the top 6?
Here’s an interesting fact;

EVERY. SINGLE.ONE of the rest of the top 6 won a trophy during Pochs tenure.

Woolwich x 2 FA Cups

Utd FA Cup, EL, CC, Super Cup

Chelsea FA Cup, Carabou, 2x PL, EL

City FA Cup, 3x Carabou, 2x PL

Liverpool CL

So please explain two things:

1) While we were smashing these sides regularly in the PL, why were we losing to them with mish mash b teams in the domestics?

2) If Jose is past it, yet during Pochs era managed to win the EL, CC and Super Cup Treble with a Utd side that was worse than Pochs Spurs side, and a PL and CC double with Chelsea, then why isn’t Poch also past it, seeing as his best football was also during that era, and yielded fuck all?

Seems like you just null and voided the resources argument here, the final fallacy.
We could “smash” them in the PL and finish above them, but not in semis and finals?
That's been debated for page after fucking page already fella.

Enjoy your Jose wank tonight, might need to get a new poster of him for your bedroom wall at this rate as the current one must be caked in the stuff it's hard to make out his face.

Calm down, G.... They really aren't.

"doing the same that Poch did" in top 6 clashes... Overall Jose's PPG this season is notably superior.
Couldn't give a fuck take away the City and Wolves games in which we were utterly outplayed it all looks a tad different. I look at the performances, this is a true indicator of how he has us playing. How to assess his ability of a coach to influence to the team to play (and I also include his dier football in that too which he is also unable to coach this side to do). If we lose and play well I can take more comfort in that, than just pulling down our cacks waiting to get fucked.

That's been debated for page after fucking page already fella.

Enjoy your Jose wank tonight, might need to get a new poster of him for your bedroom wall at this rate as the current one must be caked in the stuff it's hard to make out his face.
Ok you run off from the frying pan to the face then.
All out of ink today? You are usually happy to write 3000 words about menial disputes over and over again but not something like this.

I’ll answer it for you mate.

Poch doesn’t have a winning mentality so he could never instill one into his team.
I mean, how could he teach them what it means to win titles?

Could have played under him for another decade and we would have just ended up as Everton under Moyes.
I think you know that

Couldn't give a fuck take away the City and Wolves games in which we were utterly outplayed it all looks a tad different. I look at the performances, this is a true indicator of how he has us playing. How to assess his ability of a coach to influence to the team to play (and I also include his dier football in that too which he is also unable to coach this side to do). If we lose and play well I can take more comfort in that, than just pulling down our cacks waiting to get fucked.

Dude, you are blatantly 'on one'.... Your posts are normally far more eloquent than this.

Ok you run off from the frying pan to the face then.
All out of ink today? You are usually happy to write 3000 words about menial disputes over and over again but not something like this.

I’ll answer it for you mate.

Poch doesn’t have a winning mentality so he could never instill one into his team.
I mean, how could he teach them what it means to win titles?

Could have played under him for another decade and we would have just ended up as Everton under Moyes.
I think you know that
At £40 some will consider it a tad pricey but it's metal, so wipe clean, so save a fair bit of money in the long run. Treat yourself, he's earned it after all..............

At £40 some will consider it a tad pricey but it's metal, so wipe clean, so save a fair bit of money in the long run. Treat yourself, he's earned it after all..............

But you said Poch smashed these teams regularly in the PL.
Why not in the cups?

Simple question. The answer is he doesn’t know how to win.

What I don’t get is we have been without Kane now for nearly two months so basically got use to playing without him and winning games however lucky. We then lose Son so basically one player whose been playing last two months and Jose just gives up. I mean we can still run hassle press do all those things and be hard to beat. But to do none of that and have no attacking intent what so ever is unforgivable. We can still play for corners free kicks etc. Can he motivate the players does he want to?

I couldn't give a fuck about what those drunken gooner scum think.

Then why fucking change the manager? Our own fans wanted Poch out, but they wank furiously over the chav king who's done as you say "doing the same that Poch did".

Not having a pop at you personally fella, still fuming that our manager rolled over for his ex-football club twice within 2 two fucking months, without even trying to win the game.

I absolutely get your reasons Guids, I know what you're saying it's just that our process needs through different eyes to you and a couple of others mate. Inget why we set up certain ways, I don't no agree that a Spurs team ever should but our circumstances aren't that of a normal, steady and reasonably decent season. Table wise it's only started looking like we'd come to terms with losing the final and the managerial changes, it's a huge shame we don't get to see if things would have altered for the last dozen or so league games but I do get where you're coming from.

What I don’t get is we have been without Kane now for nearly two months so basically got use to playing without him and winning games however lucky. We then lose Son so basically one player whose been playing last two months and Jose just gives up. I mean we can still run hassle press do all those things and be hard to beat. But to do none of that and have no attacking intent what so ever is unforgivable. We can still play for corners free kicks etc. Can he motivate the players does he want to?

We started the season with Lloris, Gazzaniga and Whiteman. Imagine if Vorm hadn't been a free agent and we'd lost both Hugo and Gazz. Do you think Poch would have been positive knowing we had Whiteman between the sticks? Clearly not hence why he went and got Vorm. Jose however no longer has such options ahead of him Maureen.

original.jpg

Again, more conventional wisdom that gets trotted out on these pages and routinely in football discussions. It is not 'too soon for [you] to pass judgement'. You can pass preliminary, incremental, process, etc evaluation on Jose, Spurs, your morning breakfast, or your post-breakfast turd. You can do evaluate thing according to any number of criteria; the expectations, the formations, tactics, sideline antics, interviews, etc.

The only things it is possibly too early to make is 'final judgement'. And believe it or not it may not be too early for that. You know why? If it's is perhaps going exactly as you expected it to go based on passed evidence, and no new or surprising results/data are being gathered, then it is reasonable to conclude that what you previous expected holds...ie it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck.

To be clear I'm not saying I or anyone else should have made 'final judgement'. I'm just saying it is never to early to draw reasonable conclusion from you observations...got to be clear here otherwise some mook will pop in with a "so you're sayin..." type response. For the record no, I'm not sayin...
Good post. Its like the young players we have. I like to guess who I think will make it & who won't. Just a prediction based on what I've seen so far. Then you get posters giving you abuse & saying "he's only 12, give him a chance. He has only played a few times & your writing him off. Support our youngsters. Call yourself a supporter". Blah blah blah.
Even after all that, if they end up on a free to yeovil & you say we should have got rid of them ages ago. You get 'captain hindsight' meme replies.

Good post. Its like the young players we have. I like to guess who I think will make it & who won't. Just a prediction based on what I've seen so far. Then you get posters giving you abuse & saying "he's only 12, give him a chance. He has only played a few times & your writing him off. Support our youngsters. Call yourself a supporter". Blah blah blah.
Even after all that, if they end up on a free to yeovil & you say we should have got rid of them ages ago. You get 'captain hindsight' meme replies.

Any examples of said players that ended up at Yeovil Scott?

Ahhhhh the ACs (Academy c***s, not my coinage h/t the bus man...no not that bus man on our sideline the one on these pages)...my favorite brand of Spurs' supporters. They get it wrong more than the average poster round these parts but remain steadfastly confident and voluminous in their supportive posts. Someone mentioned Nathan Oduwa (another next big one but Poch something something) in a thread. Had to look him up considering he's dropped off the face of the planet. Last seen in Israel for Hapoel Hadera whoever the fuck they are.

But if you are seeing what you've always seen then surely you've got to expect what you've always gotten. Not round these parts. You've got to wait to the end to summarize taht which was clear ages ago because some AC is holding out irrational hope and not having the balls to admit they were wrong in the first place.

Last edited:
Any examples of said players that ended up at Yeovil Scott?
Well, not Shayon Harrison as his loan was cut short a few years ago. He's now rocking up at Almere city in the NL 2nd division. Perhaps yeovil was too high a standard?

edit: and I would like to point out that scott scott 's post was a 'conditional'
if they end up on a free to yeovil
It's the 'if' that makes all the difference. That subjunctive mood throw ya PLMT?

Last edited:
Well, not Shayon Harrison as his loan was cut short a few years ago. He's now rocking up at Almere city in the NL 2nd division. Perhaps yeovil was too high a standard?

edit: and I would like to point out that scott scott 's post was a 'conditional'

It's the 'if' that makes all the difference. That subjunctive mood throw ya PLMT?

Did many people big Shayon Harrison up like scott scott was suggesting then? His post referred to us bigging up players like Shayon only for them to end up at places like Yeovil was it not? Saying things like he's good, give him a chance etc.

Every team has youngsters that look like they good be handy only to fall by the wayside. Every club has supporters that do such a thing so I don't see why we should be seen as any different right?

Back
Top Bottom