Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But if you are seeing what you've always seen then surely you've got to expect what you've always gotten. Not round these parts. You've got to wait to the end to summarize taht which was clear ages ago because some AC is holding our irrational hope and not having the balls to admit they were wrong in the first place.

I gave you evidence to demonstrate I believed we required multiple players when you suggested I didn't only last night Todd. Do you have the balls to suggest that you were wrong to do so then pal?

Did many people big Shayon Harrison up like scott scott was suggesting then? His post referred to us bigging up players like Shayon only for them to end up at places like Yeovil was it not? Saying things like he's good, give him a chance etc.

Every team has youngsters that look like they good be handy only to fall by the wayside. Every club has supporters that do such a thing so I don't see why we should be seen as any different right?
He made a general statement and you asked to make it specific to which I responded he need not do that as his statement was a conditional. Your desire to make it specific is for exactly the reason you show here, you want to disavow any 'bigging up' to said specific player in order to discredit the general sentiment of his post. Which is why I headed you off at the pass with my edit that you so assiduously ignored. It was a conditional so no onus falls on him to prove his conditional. You would like it to because you don't want to acknowledge the validity of his general sentiment. Nathan Oduwa!

I gave you evidence to demonstrate I believed we required multiple players when you suggested I didn't only last night Todd. Do you have the balls to suggest that you were wrong to do so then pal?
Yes, you did show evidence of X, Y, and Z outside of the TW to which I was referring. But during the summer TW there is also evidence of you 'shouting down' posters like JT and scott for saying we needed more...going full company man. And at no point did you suggest this situation was going to be so fucking dire. Nebulously saying we needed players and actually grasping the gravity of the situation are two different things. You just said we needed a few players. And I gave you credit last night for admitting reality even though it didn't specifically address my point nor the window to which I was referring. And what's this got to do with scott scott 's and my exchange? What's this got to do with his point? You trying to make this personal? Your feelings hurt? Is your problem with Scott or with me? Or are you multi-tasking?

Last edited:
He made a general statement and you asked to make it specific to which I responded he need not do that as his statement was a conditional. Your desire to make it specific is for exactly the reason you show here, you want to disavow any 'bigging up' to said specific player in order to discredit the general sentiment of his post. Which is why I headed you off at the pass with my edit that you so assiduously ignored. It was a conditional so no onus falls on him to prove his conditional. You would like it to because you don't want to acknowledge the validity of his general sentiment. Nathan Oduwa!

Yes, you did show evidence of X, Y, and Z outside of the TW to which I was referring. But during the summer TW there is also evidence of you 'shouting down' posters like JT and scott for saying we needed more...going full company man. And at no point did you suggest this situation was going to be so fucking dire. You just said we need a few players. And I gave you credit for it last night for admitting reality even though it didn't specifically address my point nor the window to which I was referring. And what's this got to do with scott scott 's and my exchange? What's this got to do with his point? You trying to make this personal? Your feelings hurt? Is your problem with Scott or with me? Or are you multi-tasking?

No multi, no hurt feelings, no worries, in fact it's 2:36am and honestly mate I can't be arsed to respond with what I want to so it's probably best we leave it there. I'm sure others don't want to read up on all of this so let's not reduce them to having to do so over their Tuesday morning cuppa

No multi, no hurt feelings, no worries, in fact it's 2:36am and honestly mate I can't be arsed to respond with what I want to so it's probably best we leave it there. I'm sure others don't want to read up on all of this so let's not reduce them to having to do so over their Tuesday morning cuppa
Knowing when one is defeated is an enviable quality. Knowing when one lacks sufficient ammunition for the fight is even more valuable. Sleep supposedly reinforces the lessons of the day. Good thing this one came right beforehand.

Neanderthal brand of football at a brand new 1 bn pounds stadium. This dinosaur is insulting the legacy of our football club by making us look like a posh version of WBA/Stoke under Pulis and is getting paid 15m to do it.

I don't like the direction this football club is going, by the time this dinosaur fucks off our average annual turn over will fall back to 200m and top 10 finish will be regarded as a success.

He will walk away with 20m+ severance package whilst destroying 2 decades of clubs hard work in the process.

What I don’t get is we have been without Kane now for nearly two months so basically got use to playing without him and winning games however lucky. We then lose Son so basically one player whose been playing last two months and Jose just gives up. I mean we can still run hassle press do all those things and be hard to beat. But to do none of that and have no attacking intent what so ever is unforgivable. We can still play for corners free kicks etc. Can he motivate the players does he want to?

I guess it depends if you believe he tells his players the same thing he tells the media if you are going by his interviews?

I think it’s obvious from his track record and players that have loved playing under him that it’s not the same. He’s always been offish with the media and it’s pretty easy to see why. The amount of “he’s yesterday’s man” articles produced since his appointment is an embarrassment to their trade. There’s at least one or two a week. They and a lot of pundits are desperate for him to fail because he’s rubbed them up the wrong way in the past. What’s even more galling is fans hearing it and then repeating it without taking into the wider context they full well know about it they consider it for a moment.

Our players obviously like him. Lloris, Son and Toby came out to refute the dressing room insiders interview in the sun in January that the players hate his methods.

If your going by what’s on the pitch, let’s see how we play in the next 3 games. I think they will be more telling as to how we approach teams lower down the league with no strikers.

I guess it depends if you believe he tells his players the same thing he tells the media if you are going by his interviews?

I think it’s obvious from his track record and players that have loved playing under him that it’s not the same. He’s always been offish with the media and it’s pretty easy to see why. The amount of “he’s yesterday’s man” articles produced since his appointment is an embarrassment to their trade. There’s at least one or two a week. They and a lot of pundits are desperate for him to fail because he’s rubbed them up the wrong way in the past. What’s even more galling is fans hearing it and then repeating it without taking into the wider context they full well know about it they consider it for a moment.

Our players obviously like him. Lloris, Son and Toby came out to refute the dressing room insiders interview in the sun in January that the players hate his methods.

If your going by what’s on the pitch, let’s see how we play in the next 3 games. I think they will be more telling as to how we approach teams lower down the league with no strikers.

you are = you’re
Belonging to you = your

Easy.

Also, you’re way off with thinking everyone is a sheep to journo’s. The reality is everyone is saying it and thinking it because it’s true, not because they don’t have the capacity for original thought.

Neanderthal brand of football at a brand new 1 bn pounds stadium. This dinosaur is insulting the legacy of our football club by making us look like a posh version of WBA/Stoke under Pulis and is getting paid 15m to do it.

I don't like the direction this football club is going, by the time this dinosaur fucks off our average annual turn over will fall back to 200m and top 10 finish will be regarded as a success.

He will walk away with 20m+ severance package whilst destroying 2 decades of clubs hard work in the process.

This was the point I was trying to make yesterday.

JM has resources available that no other Spurs manager has ever had yet he took Spurs into the game moaning about lack of resources.

Ok Son, Kane and Sissoko were out but a modern dynamic manger would have found a way but no all we heard was how lucky Chelsea were and how everything and everyone was plotting against him

Come the end of season JM is going to go public if he doesn’t get funds, significant funds to bring in players and I just can see Levy significantly pushing the boat out whereas others will.

Come the end of season JM is going to go public if he doesn’t get funds, significant funds to bring in players and I just can see Levy significantly pushing the boat out whereas others will.
No point in hiring Mourinho then if you are not prepared to give him (massive) funds in the summer. They probably need to invest at least £150m if they want to have any chance of seriously competing next season.

Last edited:

Did you feel the same way after Poch’s first 3/4 months with us when the football was even worse than we are witnessing now and we amassed less points?

I only ask because you seem very certain, after the same time period, that things are going to go apocalyptic. Nobody could of foresaw the turnaround under Poch after three months of his stewardship, which then didn’t get into full swing until the next season. Absolutely nobody, we won 6, drew 3 and lost 6 of those games.
(For comparison we have won 8, drew 2 and lost 5 under Mourinho in the same amount of league games).

you are = you’re
Belonging to you = your

Easy.

Also, you’re way off with thinking everyone is a sheep to journo’s. The reality is everyone is saying it and thinking it because it’s true, not because they don’t have the capacity for original thought.

the old pick up on a typo response because you’ve no proper answer. Classic diversion.

Did you feel the same way after Poch’s first 3/4 months with us when the football was even worse than we are witnessing now and we amassed less points?

I only ask because you seem very certain, after the same time period, that things are going to go apocalyptic. Nobody could of foresaw the turnaround under Poch after three months of his stewardship, which then didn’t get into full swing until the next season. Absolutely nobody, we won 6, drew 3 and lost 6 of those games.
(For comparison we have won 8, drew 2 and lost 5 under Mourinho in the same amount of league games).

You raise a fair point, however I would take a guess and suggest that Poch's appointment didn't come with the expectation levels of Jose's.

I will be always be grateful for what Poch did. I also think judgement on Jose should be delivered after a full season.

Ok you run off from the frying pan to the face then.
All out of ink today? You are usually happy to write 3000 words about menial disputes over and over again but not something like this.

I’ll answer it for you mate.

Poch doesn’t have a winning mentality so he could never instill one into his team.
I mean, how could he teach them what it means to win titles?

Could have played under him for another decade and we would have just ended up as Everton under Moyes.
I think you know that
Out of ink!!??!

From the man that posts hundreds of posts on exactly the same shit over and over and over again, arguing the same point only to get beaten down then, then in an attempt to disguise the shellacking, you deflect away from the original topic by introducing yet another old favourite that you got beaten up by someone else on the previous day! Do me a favour.

You know the position I take, it's been debated a million times already, why the fuck do you want to go over this AGAIN?! I don't, it's not new, there is nothing new to say, especially with you.

If I've written more than you can digest, put me on ignore. If what I post triggers and angers you, put me on ignore. It takes just a second to do. But no, you will not do that, you will read every word, a vein throbbing on your forehead unable to withstand the urge to respond and engage. Yet another massive irony is you chose "menial disputes" as the thing that is causing your rage, there is no dispute if you choose not to engage, menial or otherwise. It was you who felt the need to engage and then not stop posting about it, no one else, only you. Before you take to the keyboard count to a number that at least means you can think through the argument you wish to take up, failing to do that leaves you looking the biggest hypocrite on here.

I'm sure that at some point I must have responded directly to some of your 41k posts over the past 7 or 8yrs but I can hard on heart say I almost never engage directly from your posts. I ignore most of them, as they entail page after page of "menial disputes" with multiple posters in every single thread, no doubt initiated most likely by YOU! I only engage with you if you have been trigged and respond directly to one of my posts, think on that for a second.

Putting me on ignore will change your life on here. I recommend for your own sake and for the sanity of this forum you do it.

Admin Admin If Sammy doesn't put me on ignore, can you do it for him, give him a helping hand?

Out of ink!!??!

From the man that posts hundreds of posts on exactly the same shit over and over and over again, arguing the same point only to get beaten down then, then in an attempt to disguise the shellacking, you deflect away from the original topic by introducing yet another old favourite that you got beaten up by someone else on the previous day! Do me a favour.

You know the position I take, it's been debated a million times already, why the fuck do you want to go over this AGAIN?! I don't, it's not new, there is nothing new to say, especially with you.

If I've written more than you can digest, put me on ignore. If what I post triggers and angers you, put me on ignore. It takes just a second to do. But no, you will not do that, you will read every word, a vein throbbing on your forehead unable to withstand the urge to respond and engage. Yet another massive irony is you chose "menial disputes" as the thing that is causing your rage, there is no dispute if you choose not to engage, menial or otherwise. It was you who felt the need to engage and then not stop posting about it, no one else, only you. Before you take to the keyboard count to a number that at least means you can think through the argument you wish to take up, failing to do that leaves you looking the biggest hypocrite on here.

I'm sure that at some point I must have responded directly to some of your 41k posts over the past 7 or 8yrs but I can hard on heart say I almost never engage directly from your posts. I ignore most of them, as they entail page after page of "menial disputes" with multiple posters in every single thread, no doubt initiated most likely by YOU! I only engage with you if you have been trigged and respond directly to one of my posts, think on that for a second.

Putting me on ignore will change your life on here. I recommend for your own sake and for the sanity of this forum you do it.

Admin Admin If Sammy doesn't put me on ignore, can you do it for him, give him a helping hand?
Another 3000 word essay and not one word about Pochs failure in the domestics

“Caaaaase Caaaaaaaaase I’m telling waaaahhhhhhhh”

:mourfacepalm:

I think most people wrote this season off months ago, long before Jose came in.

Getting rid of a long term manager mid season puts the club into a period of transition until at least the summer. Within reason I'm prepared to give everyone a free pass until then, although it'd be great to win the FA Cup as I've forgotten what it's like to see the captain of Spurs lift a trophy.

I'm convinced that what we're seeing now isn't indicative of what to expect next season. I expect the defence to be strengthened and at least one striker to be brought in. The manager having a pre-season with his team and key areas being addressed should see huge improvements next season, when I believe we're better placed to challenge for something than we were at the start of this season.

the old pick up on a typo response because you’ve no proper answer. Classic diversion.

even though I rubbished your (belonging to you) sheep theory. Ok dude:sonpoint:

sitting deep and put bodies in the way of the opposition hoping their attack breaks down then lumping it forward hoping our attackers will magic something is straight out of the 70s dinosaurian in football terms no doubt.

Last edited:
Read the post, the reason is in it. Accept it or don't.

*"menial dispute" incoming*
You realise that in all the time you’ve answered me with menial bollocks, about nothing, you could have just defended your view on Poch not being able to beat teams in the cup that we “smashed” in the PL.

“Please ignore me”

Yet your happy to answer as long as it’s nothing to do with football

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom