New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As a golden rule I've always thought that those who can't get to matches shouldn't comment on the huge commitment of those that do, whether they're singing enough or criticising facilities, arrangements or whatever it is. Especially true in the case of those of us who live outside England.

And yet here you are for the nth time, sniding at people who have made this effort, forked out these vast sums, dedicated large amounts of their time. Standing in judgement about who is and who isn't a "real fan" without knowing a damn thing about them.

What is it that you do, six thousand miles away, that makes you such a superfan, beyond sticking up for ENIC on the internet?
Don’t what you and him are arguing about but my view is (regarding the gist of your post) that going to games doesn’t make you a good fan.

There are fans that go, who are saying it’s shit, and full of cunts etc

So if they can say the atmosphere is shit, why can’t someone from their sofa?
It’s not a big deal.....it’s like saying you can’t have an opinion on the police or music or the government unless you do it yourself.

As a golden rule I've always thought that those who can't get to matches shouldn't comment on the huge commitment of those that do, whether they're singing enough or criticising facilities, arrangements or whatever it is. Especially true in the case of those of us who live outside England.

And yet here you are for the nth time, sniding at people who have made this effort, forked out these vast sums, dedicated large amounts of their time. Standing in judgement about who is and who isn't a "real fan" without knowing a damn thing about them.

What is it that you do, six thousand miles away, that makes you such a superfan, beyond sticking up for ENIC on the internet?

Been to more games than most fans will ever go to, old age has that advantage ... lived down the road for 30 years first went in '65 and was a home and away regular for thirty plus years ... still go every season and just one game is 13,000 and probably 5,000 quid .... so I've paid my dues

and you miss the point anyway ... once again

People who don't want to go anymore then don't go ... don't try telling the fans who do still make the effort to go every week what mugs they are ... if you don't like it anymore fuck off ... simple

Any "Fan" who spends more time slagging of the club than supporting it ain't much off a fan in my book .... when some twat like Sunglasses Ron Sunglasses Ron starts saying It's the Emirates v.2. Anyone who says otherwise is deluded then it's clearly time for him to give up and fuck off, he admits not having gone since Villa so is he then an empty seat who sits at home complaining about the empty seats and no atmosphere?

His take "PL atmosphere's are a myth. Home or Away, it's just shit"

My take .... you're part of the problem so sod off you won't be missed

don't understand that? that's your issue seems pretty clear to me ..............

Moving the away fans to the opposite end of the south stand was the biggest problem. The old south stand generated the atmosphere because of the back and forth between the fans. it doesn't have that same feeling anymore.

Haven't been back since the opening day against Villa, and doubt I ever will.

It's the Emirates v.2. Anyone who says otherwise is deluded.

Apart from Woolwich, Chelsea & West Ham WHL wasn't great anyway, so why anybody expected any different here is beyond me.

PL atmosphere's are a myth. Home or Away, it's just shit.
The best atmosphere I've heard in the prem in recent years was at Hull, and they're not even in the prem anymore!

Moving the away fans to the opposite end of the south stand was the biggest problem. The old south stand generated the atmosphere because of the back and forth between the fans. it doesn't have that same feeling anymore.
Add to this the fact that they don't sell season tickets in the block next to the away support (113?) and you can see why there is no response to the away section. I've been in there a few times and obviously it's tourist central.

I don't know if a link has been posted but I just watched the Richard Hammond show so thought I'd share. I didn't know the H Club transformed into an NFL TV studio/commentary box for the Handegg games.
Some interesting bits in here...

I watched it the other day, they had a funny disconnect where the big screen had to be blurred out if it was showing footage of the game. As if they couldn't get retransmission rights from the PL or something.
I haven't watched the Man City one on Amazon - I wonder how they get to make use of in game footage.

Been to more games than most fans will ever go to, old age has that advantage ... lived down the road for 30 years first went in '65 and was a home and away regular for thirty plus years ... still go every season and just one game is 13,000 and probably 5,000 quid .... so I've paid my dues

and you miss the point anyway ... once again

People who don't want to go anymore then don't go ... don't try telling the fans who do still make the effort to go every week what mugs they are ... if you don't like it anymore fuck off ... simple

Any "Fan" who spends more time slagging of the club than supporting it ain't much off a fan in my book .... when some twat like Sunglasses Ron Sunglasses Ron starts saying It's the Emirates v.2. Anyone who says otherwise is deluded then it's clearly time for him to give up and fuck off, he admits not having gone since Villa so is he then an empty seat who sits at home complaining about the empty seats and no atmosphere?

His take "PL atmosphere's are a myth. Home or Away, it's just shit"

My take .... you're part of the problem so sod off you won't be missed

don't understand that? that's your issue seems pretty clear to me ..............
Lol if people like me sod off you prick, there will nothing left in that ground. I go to every home game, I don’t earn that much; should not really be going, yet I spend thousands, last year I spent about £6000 because of Amsterdam and Madrid.
I can say the negative, pissed up moaners make it an unpleasant experience. Tottenham deserve a better atmosphere.

Haven't been back since the opening day against Villa, and doubt I ever will.

It's the Emirates v.2. Anyone who says otherwise is deluded.

Apart from Woolwich, Chelsea & West Ham WHL wasn't great anyway, so why anybody expected any different here is beyond me.

PL atmosphere's are a myth. Home or Away, it's just shit.

The CL nights last season were special. This season has felt a little meh though.

But the Lane had a noisy section of PL and corner off the shelf. What was that 4k people max.

Really I think they should find a way to squeeze that back into that corner in the south stand. Almost Mirror the away support.

Up to the club now to listen to the fans. Still a chance to get the stadium noisy if they can group together people who want to get it going.

The CL nights last season were special. This season has felt a little meh though.

But the Lane had a noisy section of PL and corner off the shelf. What was that 4k people max.

Really I think they should find a way to squeeze that back into that corner in the south stand. Almost Mirror the away support.

Up to the club now to listen to the fans. Still a chance to get the stadium noisy if they can group together people who want to get it going.
100% agree with all of this. Seen somewhere on Twitter a push was being made for the Norwich match to get people who want to help atmosphere to congregate in Blocks 248 & 249. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Also, last few times I’ve been in Bricklayers it’s been very flat, always thought pre Wembley it was bouncing. Big fella leading the chants.

100% agree with all of this. Seen somewhere on Twitter a push was being made for the Norwich match to get people who want to help atmosphere to congregate in Blocks 248 & 249. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Also, last few times I’ve been in Bricklayers it’s been very flat, always thought pre Wembley it was bouncing. Big fella leading the chants.
I'm not that big mate :troll:

Yeah I got tickets in 250 for Norwich. I’m hopeful that we can create a bit of noise in that area and get sone of the old feel to the place. Let’s see.

Our form there has been absolutely rotten for the most part

Far from a fortress

Still that’s what happens when you build a nice shiny new stadium and forget that there’s a football team that will be playing in it

Well said. A lot of fans outside England make it to matches and it cost dearly. We are a cl club don't think it's just the local club anymore.

There is always going to be a link between on the field entertainment and atmosphere. At times, it was great under Jol, Redknapp, AVB and Poch; at times, it was shit. The early games under Mou were decent - even Bournemouth at home was very loud and positive throughout. But the atmosphere has collapsed along with the performances. I know Mou has a tough job with our injuries but the approach and negativity is depressing the fuck out of everyone. Celebrating the performance against Wolves as an improvement shows how utterly putrid our recent attempts at football have been. It’s down there with AVB’s last season.

There is always going to be a link between on the field entertainment and atmosphere. At times, it was great under Jol, Redknapp, AVB and Poch; at times, it was shit. The early games under Mou were decent - even Bournemouth at home was very loud and positive throughout. But the atmosphere has collapsed along with the performances. I know Mou has a tough job with our injuries but the approach and negativity is depressing the fuck out of everyone. Celebrating the performance against Wolves as an improvement shows how utterly putrid our recent attempts at football have been. It’s down there with AVB’s last season.

I miss the banter with foreign fans on UEFA cup nights. Always tried to get tickets in block 35.

They nearly always spoke English and coming to the Lane was a big deal for them.

Good fun.

For the most part pochs last season was jank also team fell apart from February.

Back
Top Bottom