New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's what the stadium was intended for.

I'm pretty sure the NFL additions to the design were made way after initial sketches were drawn up. It's a football stadium that can alter to an NFL stadium.

When in Europe, a minimum of 22 home games for THFC per season, probably closer to 30 with FA Cup, League Cup draws being favourable and a good European cup run.....the NFL unless they make the playoffs have 8 home games a season.

Can we not just praise the club for being forward thinking and trying to maximise potential revenues instead of always brow beating or thinking of ways to degrade our scrutinise its approach?

Lol if people like me sod off you prick, there will nothing left in that ground. I go to every home game, I don’t earn that much; should not really be going, yet I spend thousands, last year I spent about £6000 because of Amsterdam and Madrid.
I can say the negative, pissed up moaners make it an unpleasant experience. Tottenham deserve a better atmosphere.
Totally agree - it was the cunt who moaned and then said he didn't go anymore, no doubt selling his seat to tourists - it's people like you who need to stay, not the wankers who moan about the atmosphere when it's their moaning that creates it ...

It's the negative pissed up moaners ... they need to fuck off

As you can see on this site their are sadly a whole bunch of people who's only pleasure seems to be ripping into the club, the owners, players at every opportunity ... how they think that's 'support' is hard to understand constructive criticism is obviously fine ... just cunting-off the club you claim to support ... FUCK OFF

I'm pretty sure the NFL additions to the design were made way after initial sketches were drawn up. It's a football stadium that can alter to an NFL stadium.

When in Europe, a minimum of 22 home games for THFC per season, probably closer to 30 with FA Cup, League Cup draws being favourable and a good European cup run.....the NFL unless they make the playoffs have 8 home games a season.

Can we not just praise the club for being forward thinking and trying to maximise potential revenues instead of always brow beating or thinking of ways to degrade our scrutinise its approach?
No one is brow beating the club mate just pointing out the obvious intentions of the design and long term planning which is to franchise the club into being an NFL club with a football club at the helm also.
I have been to the new stadium a few times and it's fantastic but unfortunately what is on the pitch isn't which is where the discord comes in.
I think the parallels with west ham are similar in that they tried to join the elite but found the team is shit, we also trying to join the European elite but found our team mid table standard and therefore not good enough for it's surroundings.
Obviously the task ahead is a difficult one the team has been neglected criminally and with no CL or probably any European football next year the excuse not to spend will be in force, will we ever be a successful club in Europe or indeed this country probably not but it looks like we have years and years of waiting.

Totally agree - it was the cunt who moaned and then said he didn't go anymore, no doubt selling his seat to tourists - it's people like you who need to stay, not the wankers who moan about the atmosphere when it's their moaning that creates it ...

It's the negative pissed up moaners ... they need to fuck off

As you can see on this site their are sadly a whole bunch of people who's only pleasure seems to be ripping into the club, the owners, players at every opportunity ... how they think that's 'support' is hard to understand constructive criticism is obviously fine ... just cunting-off the club you claim to support ... FUCK OFF
Apologies ladies and gentlemen this is what happens when an impotent man is let loose on a keyboard he has to direct his frustration somewhere.
As you all know a cunt like this has no authority to judge on what constitutes support whether constructive or arse sucking like this prick does.
So please ignore him as most people do he can't help himself the is just a cunt thank you.

Been to more games than most fans will ever go to, old age has that advantage ... lived down the road for 30 years first went in '65 and was a home and away regular for thirty plus years ... still go every season and just one game is 13,000 and probably 5,000 quid .... so I've paid my dues

and you miss the point anyway ... once again

People who don't want to go anymore then don't go ... don't try telling the fans who do still make the effort to go every week what mugs they are ... if you don't like it anymore fuck off ... simple

Any "Fan" who spends more time slagging of the club than supporting it ain't much off a fan in my book .... when some twat like Sunglasses Ron Sunglasses Ron starts saying It's the Emirates v.2. Anyone who says otherwise is deluded then it's clearly time for him to give up and fuck off, he admits not having gone since Villa so is he then an empty seat who sits at home complaining about the empty seats and no atmosphere?

His take "PL atmosphere's are a myth. Home or Away, it's just shit"

My take .... you're part of the problem so sod off you won't be missed

don't understand that? that's your issue seems pretty clear to me ..............

Do not pipe up whilst sat in a dungeon in Bangkok you absolute weapon.

Can you read??? I have 'given up and fucked off' mate, as have the majority of my lot. That's why I'm now sat here saying a day out in the new ground is shite, the new ground has killed any semblance of an intimidating atmosphere we had, and away ends are full of divs.

The last straw was when West Ham beat us at the new place. In the block next to them in the 'Paxton' and I didn't recognise what was happening around me. They took the absolute piss when they scored, and not one person in that block so much as glanced their way. Thought I'd give Villa a go, new season and all that, 5.30 KO, opening day etc. and it was terrible. So why in God's name would I go back, when I read week after week how it's getting worse???

When you can get an afternoon in the pub with like-minded people for nothing, why would I spend 60 odd quid on something I know full well I'm not going to enjoy to be surrounded by people that constantly moan and contribute fuck all. You can't even fucking stand up, and people want to talk about noise????

I'm part of the problem????? Nice one. The problem is in the ground mate, which is why I haven't been in there in months.

You fucking dickhead.

See the negative cunts are out in full force ... we know Spurs are shit, ENIC are wankers, Levy's the Antichrist, and a new one apparently the wanker who gave up after Villa says "the problem is now the ground" wow that's just mental, a billion pound shit ground wtf ..... you've said the same thing 100's of times, doesn't make any of it true .... don't like the club then fuck off, your negativity isn't missed, so everyone's happy. .

Don't you sad moaning wankers ever get board of running down our club? do you get some perverted pleasure from being so depressing?

Last edited:
Apologies ladies and gentlemen this is what happens when an impotent man is let loose on a keyboard he has to direct his frustration somewhere.
As you all know a cunt like this has no authority to judge on what constitutes support whether constructive or arse sucking like this prick does.
So please ignore him as most people do he can't help himself the is just a cunt thank you.
This from the 'supporter' who when we appointed a new manager instead of getting behind the new manager and the club was trolling straight away - what a sad fuck

"I think this appointments of Jose is going to end in tears setting us back years"

Who needs this type of support? You think this shows Spurs loyalty or is more like the Gooners we take the piss out off with their pathetic support? ?

Last edited:
OK, but CBREGI are still small players in London - probably less than £1bn of assets.

just to pick up on this from the other day.

They are completely separate entities and have investments all over the country. One of my mates used to work there. They're absolutely nothing to do with CBRE, just pure asset managers and investors acting for a range of different parties/clients.

Moving the away fans to the opposite end of the south stand was the biggest problem. The old south stand generated the atmosphere because of the back and forth between the fans. it doesn't have that same feeling anymore.

Plus there's loads of people in the south stand who moved there because it is the cheapest, not because they wanted to make the most noise.

Now without wanting to cast aspersions, 3 rows below me to the right (in the south lower) are a couple in their late 60s/early 70s. I know people can sit where they like, but you're not telling me they are there to shout out the songs at the top of their voices. And that is just one example. There will be hundreds all over that stand. It is a real problem.

Plus there's loads of people in the south stand who moved there because it is the cheapest, not because they wanted to make the most noise.

Now without wanting to cast aspersions, 3 rows below me to the right (in the south lower) are a couple in their late 60s/early 70s. I know people can sit where they like, but you're not telling me they are there to shout out the songs at the top of their voices. And that is just one example. There will be hundreds all over that stand. It is a real problem.

I also think a lot moved from Paxton as there were not STs in the same position available.

In the hands of the club now to sort out the seating mess they have created.

I also think a lot moved from Paxton as there were not STs in the same position available.

In the hands of the club now to sort out the seating mess they have created.

Let's just hope the useless Trust can help out with it and make a point to the club about it. It won't get sorted any other way.

Im going tomorrow so it will be interesting to see if the movement on twitter to get everyone in a block to sign has worked. Hopefully it has and will give the club something to think about.

Do not pipe up whilst sat in a dungeon in Bangkok you absolute weapon.

Can you read??? I have 'given up and fucked off' mate, as have the majority of my lot. That's why I'm now sat here saying a day out in the new ground is shite, the new ground has killed any semblance of an intimidating atmosphere we had, and away ends are full of divs.

The last straw was when West Ham beat us at the new place. In the block next to them in the 'Paxton' and I didn't recognise what was happening around me. They took the absolute piss when they scored, and not one person in that block so much as glanced their way. Thought I'd give Villa a go, new season and all that, 5.30 KO, opening day etc. and it was terrible. So why in God's name would I go back, when I read week after week how it's getting worse???

When you can get an afternoon in the pub with like-minded people for nothing, why would I spend 60 odd quid on something I know full well I'm not going to enjoy to be surrounded by people that constantly moan and contribute fuck all. You can't even fucking stand up, and people want to talk about noise????

I'm part of the problem????? Nice one. The problem is in the ground mate, which is why I haven't been in there in months.

You fucking dickhead.

It’s so bad Stand up for 30 seconds to clap and cheer and get told to sit down.

Stand up. Try to Start a song get told to sit down.

Start another song while sitting down get strange looks from people.

Being threatened with a 3 game ban was the kicker for me last year. Really made me evaluate what I am spending my money on.

Since then I have treated going to the football like an expensive cinema ticket or theatre visit. Football in 2020 for Tottenham fans in my Block/area is exactly that. “Entertainment” and food and drink. It is what we offer now. Life, and football, moves on I guess.

“When the fun stops. Stop.”

I suppose that's a pretty good mantra. Sitting down is not how an awful lot of people want to consume their football. I just don't understand how some areas of the ground are allowed to stand and others aren't. I realise that generally it is the future proofed areas, but I'd bet a pretty large wager that the Norwich fans in 113 and 112 on Wednesday won't be being threatened with ejection for standing. If it was Spurs fans in there they would be.

I suppose that's a pretty good mantra. Sitting down is not how an awful lot of people want to consume their football. I just don't understand how some areas of the ground are allowed to stand and others aren't. I realise that generally it is the future proofed areas, but I'd bet a pretty large wager that the Norwich fans in 113 and 112 on Wednesday won't be being threatened with ejection for standing. If it was Spurs fans in there they would be.

For Ajax got in big discussion with the steward as Ajax fans were literally jumping in their seats.

Said to him I am standing up. Shouting. singing. Trying to contend with them making their noise. What’s the problem no one sits behind me. Not blocking anyone’s view. Look at their fans and what they are doing.

“health and safety issue mate. You might fall over on the person in front”

:dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol:

Fucking nuts.

Told him I’ve been to concerts where they turn out the lights people stand and sing in their seats while the floor gets wetter and wetter. Are you serious??. He shrugged and said sit down or eventually you will he asked to leave! A CL semi final..........

I'd expect Norwich to be standing in all 3 tiers.

I'm an ST holder in the East Upper so I took my first opportunity to move into South lower for the Boro game. Minute two and the 75+ year old couple behind asking me to sit down. It really is the white wall.

It’s so bad Stand up for 30 seconds to clap and cheer and get told to sit down.

Stand up. Try to Start a song get told to sit down.

Start another song while sitting down get strange looks from people.

Being threatened with a 3 game ban was the kicker for me last year. Really made me evaluate what I am spending my money on.

Since then I have treated going to the football like an expensive cinema ticket or theatre visit. Football in 2020 for Tottenham fans in my Block/area is exactly that. “Entertainment” and food and drink. It is what we offer now. Life, and football, moves on I guess.

That's it for me mate.

For the last couple of years it's just made me angry, if I'm being honest! The exact scenarios you're describing are just depressing. The marketing prior to the ground opening didn't help either. 'Our Yellow Wall', 'just like Dortmund' etc. The reality is anything but.

I have the utmost admiration for people much older than me who still go every week, I really do. I don't quite know how you tolerate it, having actually lived through the late 70's / 80's etc (I'm not craving kicking people's head in every week, just a some sort of atmosphere around a game would be nice) but fair play to you all. However, I'm not well off enough to continue spending a fortune on something I no longer have the buzz for, so I've drawn the line. Tottenham will always mean to the world to me, but I just cannot justify it anymore, which guts me if I'm honest, but that's PL football today, I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom