FA Cup 5th Rd - Tottenham Vs Norwich, Weds 4th March 2020.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And breathe....

Watched the game over this morning, wasn’t our worst performance. Individual errors are killing us. Joseball takes some getting used to the way he sets up must be exhausting for his players... the constant pressure the coach allows the opponent to put on his team is near suicidal for this group Poch gave us several strings to our bow, but big moment mentality wasn’t one of them. Ajax aside. And Mourihno is trying to get this squad ‘to arrive in big moments’

We didn’t play that badly. Our decision making in and around the opponents box is sadly lacking that may be down to personnel

There were some positives, who knew Dier was so mobile and fit the way he made light of that hoarding stepped over it like me skipping over an errant shoe in the hallway
I agree in large. As far as playing goes both this and the Wolves games were steps in the right direction. But mistakes keep killing us. We literally cannot operate on half speed/focus because we will shoot ourselves in the foot. But it was like that under Poch as well so that's nothing new.

Im sorry, but that team last night was enough to beat that lot. Bloody hell.

It was all our own fault again. Fucking stupid error, gifting them a goal. So disappointing.

...But this is the standard now till the end of the season unfortunately.

PS. We need to bring back more of the pressing game, cause otherwise we will struggle. Simple as that.

Coys.

Dier our best player. (yes, read that again)

Bergwign and Gedson, on the evidence of the last couple of months, are journeymen and no upgrade on N'jie and Nkoudou. Bergwign should have been pulled after 30 minutes after he'd touched the ball about three times and done nothing. I thought the guy had pace but was shown a clean pair of heels by the Norwich championship-level right back. Embarassing.

Gedson almost as bad. Capped off by rolling the ball to Krul at the end. You could see that he wasn't up for the penalty by the way he crawled from the half-way line to the spot. Should have been subbed himself when Parrot was brought on.

The moment ET was over Krul raced to the dugout to pick up his 'homework' on our penalty takers. Vorm stood with the others presumably congratulating themselves on making it to penalties. Professional eh? Can anyone explain why Vorm as playing?

Dele also put in an embarrassing performance. Opposition must breathe a sign of relief when we play the ball to him. Guaranteed he will check back, slow things down, roll the ball backwards, lose possession or win a throw (a major achievement for us last night)

Lo Celso showed a few touches but is so one-footed, Norwich defenders can shepherd him onto his right - which he uses for standing on.

Our 'super-sub' Ndombele - another embarassment. He waddles around for 10-15m before having to take a blow. - £55m! Runs like a duck, plays like a duck.

Skipp had a good game - but him and Winks in the same team? They're essentially the same player occupying two positions in midfield. One or other, but not both. On the evidence of last night, Skipp should be given a run.

Lucas, Lamela (why was he fit yesterday, but not Sunday?) more extreme average performances.

No on field leader to threaten underperformers!

Vertonghen gets a free pass because he scored but his days are numbered.

Our defence looks like the Keystone Cops at times. Against a team that will be playing at Rotherham (if they go up) and Hull next season.

I'm afraid that a lot of this goes back to our refusal to re-inforce over two transfer windows; catastrophic loss of form of Eriksen, Dele, Dier etc; players ageing; and injuries.

Oh well, on the Burnley (please do something different - even if we have to play the kids.)

Annoyed about this.A lot more than i thought i'd be.
We started off ok,and got the goal.Then it looked like they were playing for the 1-0 win! With our effing defence,seriously?
I didn't even watch the penalties ,as i was resigned to defeat as soon as they equalised. Surprised we got to and made it through extra time.
I am almost as annoyed about last night as i was after the Champs league final.

Oh well, thats our season now(realistically speaking) .

Surprised people are criticising Gedson. He was carrying the ball well, dribbling past their defence, all over the midfield. Shit penalty yes, but I thought his performance was really encouraging.

We’re just so unbalanced. We have about eight players that all do the same sort of thing.

I really don't normally let us get us down,not the day after anyway.
But i can't help thinking this is the end of something( and i don't just mean our cup run),whether that's a good thing or not ,i really didn't know.But not a good feeling.

You know its bad when Morrisey comes on the radio and it makes you feel better...

Nor am I. Baz just can't control himself.

But Rugby is Rugby Football (or rugger), right?. The 'rugby' is the qualifier/modifier as in Association Football (or soccer, coined by Englishmen). It's just that folks like Bazali Bazali are too ignorant, anti-Yank, Little Englandy, or Brexity to understand that it's 'your' word not ours. So everytime and Englishmen derisively says it they just look stupid because it's your word.

I counter with "The Open" for pretentious names. I guess it's an our game our rules situation. That is unless you think another baseball team from outside the US would be likely to win it. And it's also branding.

I don’t intend communicating with you again but you might be interested to know that one of my best friends is from Ohio and a Browns fan as am I

You’re an ignorant ‘know all’ but plenty on this Forum now so you should feel right at home

He doesn't care. How long is this going to take to sink in? Profit, profit, profit. It's all he cares about.

Surely the loss of CL revenue will stimulate more investment?

And to ensure it’s invested properly an acknowledged DOF has to be appointed which José can work with

Last edited:
There were plenty of moaning cunts in the South Stand...
A few left BEFORE extra time (I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, I'm sure they had a train to catch back to whatever Plastic Fan rural province they live in!!

For me, the game was gone with whatever the fuck that was pre-match! A glorified School disco DJ "banging out some Choons" and telling US to wave our scarves ... (and then tweet about it on InstaTwat)

No, sorry, football support doesn't work like that..... atmosphere isn't generated by some Tim Westwood wannabee with headphones and a mic.

Jesus, the game's truly gone...

"There used to be a football club over there"

Sounds awful

I remember a game in the 90s against Yanited where the ‘entertainment’ was Warren Mitchell standing on a box having an ‘Alf Garnett’ rant and both sets of fans pissed themselves!!

Just back. Couldn't believe what I'd just witnessed.

Can anyone have a go at explaining Vorm in goal?

Our best player was Eric Dier - yes, read that again.

The rest were strangers that turned up on the night. It makes you pine for Steed Malbranque.

No idea where we go from here.

A bit harsh

I though GLC generally had a good game and I was pleased with Skipp
Dier was ok but needs to work on his seat hurdling

Most were shite though I’ll give you that

That was heading for a very droll 1-0 win that no one was busting a gut to affect.

norwich were trying and playing quite decent but without really causing us much bother in front of goal

at 75 mins in I thought this will fizzle out as Norwich will be content enough to concentrate on their relegation battle

(it reminded a bit of Leicester’s run of victories, sure teams tried but were not too bothered at a dull 1-0 )

then Vorm goes one better with his second attempt to save a shot .... and then it’s game on

til then it was game off .... boring 1-0 at home .... let’s see who we draw next

im so fucking annoyed. What was he even doing there ?!!!
We didn’t even need him at the club in the end did we ?

Other factors though in particular Aurier missing an open goal and not squaring to Dele for a tap in

Bad night at the office

A bit harsh

I though GLC generally had a good game and I was pleased with Skipp
Dier was ok but needs to work on his seat hurdling

Most were shite though I’ll give you that
Ok. I wrote this in shock at 1 am when I returned!

I've posted a longer account this morning, but no less harsh I'm afraid. It acknowledges Skipp and Dier as probably our two best players.

Lo Celso was Ok but so left-footed. Norwich only showed him his right side.

Ok. I wrote this in shock at 1 am when I returned!

I've posted a longer account this morning, but no less harsh I'm afraid. It acknowledges Skipp and Dier as probably our two best players.

Lo Celso was Ok but so left-footed. Norwich only showed him his right side.

Yes Gio very much like Coco in that respect but at least he was making an effort

Very disappointed still and dreading Burnley but will watch and hope

Back
Top Bottom