FA Cup 5th Rd - Tottenham Vs Norwich, Weds 4th March 2020.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

75% of our goals not at the club or available anymore. Think about how Eriksen, Dele and Son created space and opportunities for others like Lucas, Dele etc as well.

It's a slump and a tough slump. We faced an uphill task the moment Sonny was ruled out so I don't see why people get so irate when it continues to be an uphill task. Gutted about the result though, we really have the lookmof a team filled with young'uns at the moment don't we?
It becomes more of an uphill task when you play a goalkeeper who's only here for emergency situations. There was no need to resign him even when Lloris was injured with the elbow.

We have been chopping and changing the defence. Until we settle it won't improve. Just play Gazza until lloris is back. The defence was better than other games recently so having the best available keeper would have strengthened it.
Vorm holds no authority. Nevermind the fact he can't catch, so many times he just ambled around when it was 1-1 taking goal kicks. Dier and Sanchez came short to take it off him quickly but instead he told them to go up and kicked it long which pissed them off.

He shouldn't be anywhere near the team let alone in a knock out game when he's not played a single minute this season. I heard his name on the team sheet when I was walking into the stadium and thought we're fucked.

Whiteman and Austin can be back up. They're definitely not worse than Vorm.

It becomes more of an uphill task when you play a goalkeeper who's only here for emergency situations. There was no need to resign him even when Lloris was injured with the elbow.

We have been chopping and changing the defence. Until we settle it won't improve. Just play Gazza until lloris is back. The defence was better than other games recently so having the best available keeper would have strengthened it.
Vorm holds no authority. Nevermind the fact he can't catch, so many times he just ambled around when it was 1-1 taking goal kicks. Dier and Sanchez came short to take it off him quickly but instead he told them to go up and kicked it long which pissed them off.

He shouldn't be anywhere near the team let alone in a knock out game when he's not played a single minute this season. I heard his name on the team sheet when I was walking into the stadium and thought we're fucked.

Whiteman and Austin can be back up. They're definitely not worse than Vorm.

I was baffled that we rested Gazzaniga as well. Saying that I'm always baffled when a goalkeeper is rested. Not like they have to bust a gut like a midfielder or an attacker do in games.

Stupid thing it was a speculative low quality opportunity that should have been gobbled up by Vorm. Was he not expecting opposing players to shoot at his goal?

Where to start? Off the pitch first:

Moved out of the Paxton to make room for Norwich last night, me and my 16yr old decide to sit in the PL, block 254 - great view. We find our seats early, the kid taps the only fella in our row on the shoulder and politely asks to move past. With him in the seat I go for a piss and to see if I could get a beer. Only after the game on the way home did my lad say that when I was away the fella came over, got in his face and threatened him - the cunt. My lad said that he “wanted to stick up for himself and didn’t want me to cause a scene and risk getting chucked out”.

Add to that the fella in the row down falling asleep and then off his seat fucking lagging.

And then we have Dier - was it a racist? Was Dier’s brother in a row? Did Eric want to vent spleen? Who fucking knows? Just embarrassing, damaging and toxic...

I didn’t want to post while emotions were sky high last night. I’m doing so now without any hyperbole or overstatement. There is something rotten, fetid about the club right now and it’s been palpable for over a year now.
I’m not really interested in conducting a witch hunt as we are all in some way culpable - Lewis/ENIC, Levy, Poch, Mourinho, the players and yes, us the fans.

As for a comment on the game? Laughable. We were comical in our abject failure to beat the worst team in the league shorn of some of their starters. The cluelessness most evident in front of goal...scrambled minds and muddled thinking. And yeah, why Vorm?

Where to go from here? Anyone’s guess. You’d think we’ve fallen far enough wouldn’t you but there may be some way to go yet...
Happened to me when I was kid. I was almost shouting at this old guy to let me through. Eventually I tapped him on the shoulder. He screamed at me, put me off for a few games.

Really? You'll learn.
I like you both, Mick. We're all bound to butt heads from time to time. This is a very difficult and emotive time for those of us who care. We're all going to post things we probably wished we hadn't in the heat of the moment. I know I have. But we need to stick together. The lads need a united front from it's supporters. Especially as they've clearly not getting one from their owners.

Saving those for reply before any subsequent edits. But before I go let me say A) my avatar is PS of Poch...

...and B) apparently you were and weren't, respectively.
Perhaps you're right. This is a difficult time for all of us. Emotions are running high and I'm as guilty as anyone for posting crap. I don't hold myself up as a model of restraint.
Mea Maxima Culpa.

Surely the loss of CL revenue will stimulate more investment?

And to ensure it’s invested properly an acknowledged DOF has to be appointed which José can work with
Try telling ENIC that.
We seem to understand.
I think the summer shopping list will show us what their long term intentions are. If we don't invest heavily, it's all over. I'll be supporting a Championship team in a year or two.
I can live with that.

Surely the loss of CL revenue will stimulate more investment?
I think it depends how much the THFC ENIC stadium can make from other activities, such as naming rights, American football, Boxing, concerts...etc. If ENIC can make the same money or there abouts then why bother and take risks to invest in the team?! Make it maintain top 10 PL status with steady income and Bob is your uncle.

By studying human cervical cancer cell lines, a team of researchers discovered that adding blueberry extract to radiation therapy can significantly improve treatment efficacy.

Lead study author Dr. Yujiang Fang, who works in the School of Medicine at the University of Missouri-Columbia, and colleagues recently reported their results in Pathology and Oncology Research.

According to the American Cancer Society (ACS), around 12,820 new cases of cervical cancer will be diagnosed in the United States this year, and more than 4,200 women are expected to die from the disease.

Radiation therapy remains a primary treatment for cervical cancer. It involves using high-energy radiation to destroy cancer cells.

“For some cancers, such as late stage cervical cancer, radiation is a good treatment option,” says Dr. Fang. “However, collateral damage to healthy cells always occurs.”

For their study, the researchers set out to determine whether or not blueberry extract could be used as a radiosensitizer, which is a compound that makes cancer cells more vulnerable to radiation therapy.

Careful Doc, SpiderSpurs SpiderSpurs will ceaselessly ridicule you for such medical heresy!

Think this study was covered in a secondary post which covered 35 odd papers of various facets, did know about the radiation aspect.

Thanks for the post!

Back
Top Bottom