FA Cup 5th Rd - Tottenham Vs Norwich, Weds 4th March 2020.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think it depends how much the THFC ENIC stadium can make from other activities, such as naming rights, American football, Boxing, concerts...etc. If ENIC can make the same money or there abouts then why bother and take risks to invest in the team?! Make it maintain top 10 PL status with steady income and Bob is your uncle.

Hmmmm

Try telling ENIC that.
We seem to understand.
I think the summer shopping list will show us what their long term intentions are. If we don't invest heavily, it's all over. I'll be supporting a Championship team in a year or two.
I can live with that.

Been there before and saw us win 9-0 in ‘77 against Bristol Rovers
Wonderful stuff

I like you both, Mick. We're all bound to butt heads from time to time. This is a very difficult and emotive time for those of us who care. We're all going to post things we probably wished we hadn't in the heat of the moment. I know I have. But we need to stick together. The lads need a united front from it's supporters. Especially as they've clearly not getting one from their owners.
I made the fatal mistake of not praising Sissoko

from that point onwards he refused to be civil.

Not my call, Lifes too short for all this testosterone driven BS, I'd much rather get on and have a giggle, but it seems more important for some people to be divisive and have massive long running arguments. I put him on ignore because he just wouldn't let go.

Its the lack of responsibility that social media offers people, in real life there are consequences for the things we say, and I try to keep what I have to say on here, to things I would say if the person was stood in front of me. As you see from my user name, I am open and don't try to hide.

Fortunately there are some really nice people on here, and I have been fortunate to have met some of them at games.

I don’t intend communicating with you again but you might be interested to know that one of my best friends is from Ohio and a Browns fan as am I

You’re an ignorant ‘know all’ but plenty on this Forum now so you should feel right at home
You are a Browns fan AND a Spurs fan? Much respect to you. Thats two tough pulls.

DSanditon is just continuing a joke from a while back about Bergwijn being ineligible for the replay against Southampton! OK EVERYONE!!
Ok the penny's dropped. Not particularly funny.

Well can anyone explain why Vorm played instead of Gazzanigga? This one's down to Mourinho! Change for changes sake. Just like our musical chairs defence. Never two games the same.

Your first choice keeper should play every game. it's not as if they run more than 100m in agame!

I think it depends how much the THFC ENIC stadium can make from other activities, such as naming rights, American football, Boxing, concerts...etc. If ENIC can make the same money or there abouts then why bother and take risks to invest in the team?! Make it maintain top 10 PL status with steady income and Bob is your uncle.

Having a full time American football team would be the holy grail. Think of the money!!!

I‘m interested to see how many STholders decide to give up their seats this season. Guessing it will be more than the usual 10%. Maybe up to 20%

But still mean before anything has happened we should have at least 35k sold and paid for tickets for each home game - wonder what demand is like for new STs If 10k became available.

I was baffled that we rested Gazzaniga as well. Saying that I'm always baffled when a goalkeeper is rested. Not like they have to bust a gut like a midfielder or an attacker do in games.
In saying that, Gazza has been a disaster zone for the last 2 months, or more. He could not have been any worse against Wolves, and does not deserve to play at the moment. But is he worse than Vorm? I genuinely don't know. The pair of them fry my head. Of course it was not until after the game that I discovered Vorm hadn't played a game for about 17 years, so I am blaming Mourinho for this.

Sounds awful

I remember a game in the 90s against Yanited where the ‘entertainment’ was Warren Mitchell standing on a box having an ‘Alf Garnett’ rant and both sets of fans pissed themselves!!
...wasn't that West Ham variety of Yanited, rarher than 'Man' version?

I definitely remember Warren Mitchell coming on at half time (wearing his Alf Garnett clobber) he ran/walked towards the away end to rapturous applause, only to flick the 'V's at the West Ham fans, turn round and reveal his Spurs shirt underneath to the rest of us!

The West Ham fans were proper confused... I think they thought 'In Sickness and in Health' was a Documentary!!

Having a full time American football team would be the holy grail. Think of the money!!!

I‘m interested to see how many STholders decide to give up their seats this season. Guessing it will be more than the usual 10%. Maybe up to 20%

But still mean before anything has happened we should have at least 35k sold and paid for tickets for each home game - wonder what demand is like for new STs If 10k became available.
I am renewing my ST, have to admit had to think twice about. I am sure few won't and won't be easy to fill 60K stadium on match days if team is neglected.

Now they tell us

It was the perfect storm!!!

Interestingly, with those stats STACKED against us, you'd have thought the Amazon Scriptwriters would be thinking up an alternative ending.... in which Parrott scores, Krul gets confused as to whether the magic bottle means: "to the player's left, or my left?" He concedes all 5, and we're through to play Derby... for whom Rooney has already signed the contract to score the winning goal against his old club!

They'll be re-shooting early next week in an empty Stadium, they can CG the fans in at a later date before transmission!!!

Back
Top Bottom