FA Cup 5th Rd - Tottenham Vs Norwich, Weds 4th March 2020.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just been informed I can't walk over to the North stand from the east Upper to meet some friends because Norwich sold out their allocation.
:mourfacepalm:

Dier our best player. (yes, read that again)

Bergwign and Gedson, on the evidence of the last couple of months, are journeymen and no upgrade on N'jie and Nkoudou. Bergwign should have been pulled after 30 minutes after he'd touched the ball about three times and done nothing. I thought the guy had pace but was shown a clean pair of heels by the Norwich championship-level right back. Embarassing.

Gedson almost as bad. Capped off by rolling the ball to Krul at the end. You could see that he wasn't up for the penalty by the way he crawled from the half-way line to the spot. Should have been subbed himself when Parrot was brought on.

The moment ET was over Krul raced to the dugout to pick up his 'homework' on our penalty takers. Vorm stood with the others presumably congratulating themselves on making it to penalties. Professional eh? Can anyone explain why Vorm as playing?

Dele also put in an embarrassing performance. Opposition must breathe a sign of relief when we play the ball to him. Guaranteed he will check back, slow things down, roll the ball backwards, lose possession or win a throw (a major achievement for us last night)

Lo Celso showed a few touches but is so one-footed, Norwich defenders can shepherd him onto his right - which he uses for standing on.

Our 'super-sub' Ndombele - another embarassment. He waddles around for 10-15m before having to take a blow. - £55m! Runs like a duck, plays like a duck.

Skipp had a good game - but him and Winks in the same team? They're essentially the same player occupying two positions in midfield. One or other, but not both. On the evidence of last night, Skipp should be given a run.

Lucas, Lamela (why was he fit yesterday, but not Sunday?) more extreme average performances.

No on field leader to threaten underperformers!

Vertonghen gets a free pass because he scored but his days are numbered.

Our defence looks like the Keystone Cops at times. Against a team that will be playing at Rotherham (if they go up) and Hull next season.

I'm afraid that a lot of this goes back to our refusal to re-inforce over two transfer windows; catastrophic loss of form of Eriksen, Dele, Dier etc; players ageing; and injuries.

Oh well, on the Burnley (please do something different - even if we have to play the kids.)
Excellent post totally agree with everything you say

T
Other factors though in particular Aurier missing an open goal and not squaring to Dele for a tap in

Bad night at the office
trouble is baz it’s 3 bad nights at the office

Jose has got to find the players amongst this group that can execute his instructions given on the training pitch in his system on the match day

But until then we have got to blag it a bit along the way.

we don’t have that margin of error for patently bad calls

T

trouble is baz it’s 3 bad nights at the office

Jose has got to find the players amongst this group that can execute his instructions given on the training pitch in his system on the match day

But until then we have got to blag it a bit along the way.

we don’t have that margin of error for patently bad calls

Vorm was definitely a mistake

I hope we never see him again

Hairy’s Post Match Thoughts

1. The Worm should never appear in a Spurs shirt again. Abomination

2. LoCelso best on the pitch. Not even close.

3. Great goal by Jan, thought we were well on our way.

4. Our defense tactic seems to be to give the opposition 2-3 yards of space, allowing them to receive the pass as we continue to back pedal. Knife through warm butter

5. Aurier’s crosses continue to stink on ice

6. Dele hits the ground on nearly every possession. He has slipped back into refusing to fight through a challenge, opting to get a cheap call.

7. Bergwijn is slow, this surprises me. Decent control but no pace.

8. Parrott was underwhelming, but he was cast in to the fire to struggle.

9. Impressed with Gedson. Good pace, decent control.

10. This team is imploding, Jose out

Those penalties kinda sum up the team at the moment - not delivering when it actually matters or no business in being there in the first place.

Any losing team in a shootout looks poor. The game and recent performances have nothing to do with it. It should never have got to pens. We should be beating that lot easily.

Hairy’s Post Match Thoughts

1. The Worm should never appear in a Spurs shirt again. Abomination

2. LoCelso best on the pitch. Not even close.

3. Great goal by Jan, thought we were well on our way.

4. Our defense tactic seems to be to give the opposition 2-3 yards of space, allowing them to receive the pass as we continue to back pedal. Knife through warm butter

5. Aurier’s crosses continue to stink on ice

6. Dele hits the ground on nearly every possession. He has slipped back into refusing to fight through a challenge, opting to get a cheap call.

7. Bergwijn is slow, this surprises me. Decent control but no pace.

8. Parrott was underwhelming, but he was cast in to the fire to struggle.

9. Impressed with Gedson. Good pace, decent control.

10. This team is imploding, Jose out

7. Being slow is not his fault. We should not have bought him if we wanted pace

10. Jose out? So who should we get?

7. Being slow is not his fault. We should not have bought him if we wanted pace

10. Jose out? So who should we get?

ObedientThinGartersnake-small.gif

Surprised people are criticising Gedson. He was carrying the ball well, dribbling past their defence, all over the midfield. Shit penalty yes, but I thought his performance was really encouraging.

We’re just so unbalanced. We have about eight players that all do the same sort of thing.
I think the shit penalty has clouded people's judgement of Gedson's performance .

I was quickly responding to a physician in regards to another poster giving advice from 1 in vitro study. Yes, the concern was for smokers and carotenoid supplementation. But that wasn't the point of my reply. The point was the limitations of in vitro studies, in this case blueberries.

And I can't speak to bottle tanning risks. The studies I'm talking about were oral supplementation. But Trump seems to be doing ok unfortunately.

I wasn't giving advice FFS, it was about a broader post set, and if you look on Pubmed there are countless studies related to Blueberries and Cancer, I simply posted about the studies, the reader can make their own decisions on what to draw from it, that is not advice, but the picture and stats showed very strong promise whatever way you want to wrap it up...

Countless studies, I am giving no advice.

I wasn't giving advice FFS, it was about a broader post set, and if you look on Pubmed there are countless studies related to Blueberries and Cancer, I simply posted about the studies, the reader can make their own decisions on what to draw from it, that is not advice, but the picture and stats showed very strong promise whatever way you want to wrap it up...

Countless studies, I am giving no advice.
The trouble is, having gone through cancer I thought I had a reasonable understanding of the disease. In fact more than one medical professional who I have come into contact with during my time in the NHS has commented that I sound "clued up" or had a medical background. However, in one of the abstracts you posted there was an enormous amount of medical abbreviations and jargon that I've never come across. It means absolutely nothing to me. Completely pointless in the average man on the street (internet football forum) reading it. If you understand it then fair fucks to you (although I have my doubts that it is all second nature to you). However, I can completely understand why some people will rile against it, and maybe those people just need to ignore it or put you on ignore. I'm sure it's no skin off of your nose anyway. I think it falls somewhere completely different to quackery, but I also think it's not nearly as revelatory or revolutionary as you think / suspect or hope.

Back
Top Bottom