Burnley v Tottenham Hotspur (07/03/20) (5.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ndombele (our £55m 'supersub')...

I gave him the benefit of the doubt when he first came into the team - settling in, learning how we play etc., but today was really troubling. He was abject and only excelled at pointing out to team mates who to pick up.

Berwign - anonymous. I was surprised he made it through the whole game.

Skipp and Sanchez did themselves no favours.

Dele had his best game for a while.

Lo Celso, after a quiet few games, was excellent. If he had started ... who knows.

I'm not looking forward to Leipzig.

Have you done your homework before posting?
Burnley's last 5 PL games results were DWWDD
They are Burnley though ??? Who cares about the form they are in, is it only me who thinks that a club with ambition should e very disappointed not to beat clubs like Norwich or burnley or any team who have no ambition. I am not saying we have a divine right to beat them as shown today and recently against norwich, but we should never be happy or comfortable settling for a point against these type of teams. I thought we were trying to get back in the champions league, but obviously not.
How quick our expectations have nose dived..

I will just say one more thing than be done with this topic. As much as Ndombele was poor in the first half, the fact that Mourinho called him out for the team's performance rather than his tactics is a huge problem.

The fact that so many supporters (and journos) seem to have taken the bait hook, line and sinker just means he as a perfect scapegoat for his future managerial fuckups.

If you are defending him because of your loyalty, I am impressed.
If you are visually impaired, I sympathise.
But if you really believe he should be in the team on merit, you are looking at something most of us can't see and in honesty he is an embarassment to our scouting dept.
He's had 3 groin injuries since November that have hampered his fitness. People said the same shit about Lo Celso up until December when he got fit and consistent minutes. I'm not too worried about Ndombele's long term potential.

How is it a mind game? The player is not working hard on the pitch and really can consider himself lucky to be getting minutes ahead of a nobody like Gedson.
It's always been a mindgame. Some players are hand on the back others are kick up the backside but Jose only has a hammer in his toolchest so everything looks like a nail. He throws him under the bus publicly and if he gets up it's a Jose masterclass but if he stays down then he was never meant to be a top player. but that's bullshit that any modern coach knows the smell of.

He should work harder but the thing with Jose is that that's all he's got and he has no time for actual talent. He only has time for 1 talented players and everyone else becomes an automaton...and the football suffers for it. This isn't new. Ndom's lack of effort need not be indulged but there are other ways to engage a player.

Ndombele (our £55m 'supersub')...

I gave him the benefit of the doubt when he first came into the team - settling in, learning how we play etc., but today was really troubling. He was abject and only excelled at pointing out to team mates who to pick up.

Berwign - anonymous. I was surprised he made it through the whole game.

Skipp and Sanchez did themselves no favours.

Dele had his best game for a while.

Lo Celso, after a quiet few games, was excellent. If he had started ... who knows.

I'm not looking forward to Leipzig.
Leipzig didn't look all that today against Wolfsburg.

I will just say one more thing than be done with this topic. As much as Ndombele was poor in the first half, the fact that Mourinho called him out for the team's performance rather than his tactics is a huge problem.

The fact that so many supporters (and journos) seem to have taken the bait hook, line and sinker just means he as a perfect scapegoat for his future managerial fuckups.

That is how Jose manages a football club, he has done the same thing in his times at Manu and chelsea. Sometimes has worked and other times made enemies. Nothing new. On this ocsasion, he picked Ndombele as his prey.

Is Ndombele your brother?

Ndombele was not good but having a back 5 to start was a far bigger issue. Blaming Ndombele for the first half is ridiculous.
Yeah, but it's a very convenient deflection by Jose, a 2 for 1. As thinktank thinktank keeps hammering we continue to start with the wrong setup (and attitude) and that is always on the manager. And beyond that if you had a player that you were concerned wasn't 'up for it' then Burnley away would not be the ideal place to start them...unless you were trying to prove a point.

Sorry if already posted, I've just logged in so haven't gone through the thread yet.

We were absolutely shit in the first half because of how Jose set us up. His change of formation in the second is testament to that. He got it so wrong. To chuck a player under the bus to hide this fact is a disgrace.

#neverhisfault

Lets be clear. His called N'dombele out to shift focus from him yet again totally failing to get the set up right. Disgraceful management.

And it's worked too which is the saddest thing about it.

If you wanna call expensive world paid players put then call out the 15 million pound a year manager who missed intent on turning us into a posh Burnley as he poisons the club from within.

I actually felt quite positive that he finally had allowed our attacking players to play in the second half and then he does that. Cunt.
Get your Mourinho agenda and fuck off. You’re blinded by the media hate for him.

Ndombele was useless today, and has been for weeks.

That is how Jose manages a football club, he has done the same thing in his times at Manu and chelsea. Sometimes has worked and other times made enemies. Nothing new. On this ocsasion, he picked Ndombele as his prey.

Is Ndombele your brother?
People defending Mourinho over this is absurd. He has shit tactics and had to blow it up at half, but we are arguing over Ndombele.

Dier was here when we were peak, and integral part of it all. He cost 3.5M

He has been a great servant at RB, CB and DM, doing what he has to for the manager and never complaining or bitching on the pitch or off it.

He has suffered a bad illness, and is fighting through it, and clawing his way into recognition despite the absolute pasting he’s taken from the same fans that crack one off over uncommitted prima donnas who want out.

Took his 28 minute sub like a man while the world laughed, no tantrums no interviews just got back out there next game and did his job.

I don’t give two FUCKS about Ndombele
Absolutely he wasn't. That would have been when he was benched for Wanyama and was making kissy faces towards Jose and ManU. Was that16-17 when we came 2nd? Dier was only the 1st choice DM in the Leicester year. All other times was due to injury or rotation.

Good points but Dele was more integral than Dier yet you've sold him out like a cheap whore. Hmmmm

Absolutely he wasn't. That would have been when he was benched for Wanyama and was making kissy faces towards Jose and ManU. Was that16-17 when we came 2nd? Dier was only the 1st choice DM in the Leicester year. All other times was due to injury or rotation.

Good points but Dele was more integral than Dier yet you've sold him out like a cheap whore. Hmmmm
Dele isn’t committed

Ndombele was awful today, and has been awful for a while. Mourinho changed it at half time and it worked.

Ndombele needs to pull his finger out, get fit and show some desire. He doesn’t get in our strongest 11.

Managers can't win these days. If a player is shit, but the manager says they've played well the fans go mental over it. If the managers tells the truth and says the player was shit the fans go mental over it. They're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Personally I have no problem with mangers publicly stating that a player has had a bad game or isn't pulling his weight. They play the game in front of the fans so I see no reason they can't receive praise or criticism in front of the fans.

Back
Top Bottom