Which players need to go?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Out of interest who do you see dumb enough to buy Toby and match his mental wages.

Congrats Jose, you've fucked everyone bar Toby over with that one.

Spam in the Championship!!

Silly
You forgot Winks.
He has a role to play.

Players I'm happy to do with next season
Sanchez
Tanganga
Aurier
Winks
Sessegnon
Gedson
N'Dombele
Sissoko
Lucas
Lo'Celso
Alli
Bergwijn
Son
Kane

Quite a lot of them have to improve but I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt to the above players for various reasons. I think I am being unfair not putting Lamela on that list as well tbh but I just have a feeling his time is up.

Kane, Son, Lo Celso are our core players, beg them to stay.
Dele, Dier, Davies, Moura, Lamela, Lloris, Sanchez, Winks have to stay as we can't replace 80% of the team at once, + can be useful squad players. Dele and Dier might still remember how to play world class football.
Bergwijn, Sess, Ndombele, Tanganga, Gedson still can be given time to prove themselves.
Aurier, Jan (I love you Jan, but time has come... Toby as well), Vorm, Gazza, Foyth are to be replaced as soon as possible. Rose and KWP out, unless KWP somehow blooms on loan. Send Skippy and Parrott on loan. Buy LB, RB, 2xCB, defensive midfielder. In second window assess players mentioned above and replace if needed, if not, get some upgrades and depth.

I just hope this squad will soon be good enough not to make Sissoko look like a proper footballer. I still can't believe how could he be our best player for so long time being so poor technically.

Definitely keep - Kane, Son, Bergwijn, Lo Celso, Sessegnon, Clarke, Winks, Parrott
Should keep, but need to see more from them - Ndombele, Alderweireld, Sanchez
Should keep, but need a new contract - Skipp, Tanganga

In my mind, everyone else is available for sale.

Ndomble, Lo Celso and Skipp is the core of a great midfield.

Kane, Son and Bergwijn is the core of a great attack.

It's at the back we need to spend.
We shouldn't jump to conclusions with Skipp he's still a 'potential' player with just 12 apps under his belt.

He should be given time, but we need a plan B if it dosen't work out.

We have 5 players brought in the last 12 months, Lo Celso, Ndombele, Sess, Bergwign and Gedson. Therefore we cannot bring in too many without actually making it worse. There is a case for many to go but we will have to keep some of them. We need to,prioritise and bring in players for the position most in need and let what players attract an offer go. Most of us wanted Wanyama to go last summer and the club wanted it but it did not happen because the player did not receive an acceptable offer. We only have 1 RB, 1 DM ( Dier who might actually transfer to CB) and 1 striker and need another in each position. Just need to lose players elsewhere to make room in squad.

Vorm, Vert, KWP, Rose, Foyth (unfortunately) Lamela (too injury prone to rely on, fucking adore his attitude though) maybe Gazzaniga if we bring in a top keeper would be my 100% need to go, Sissoko may join the list but he has the right attitude and yes he isn't elite, but if u bring him into this midfield it would make a hell of a difference just his physically alone

And 7 to come in one in each defensive position a winger & Striker

Personally, would try and get Foster, Meunier & Willian all for free, seasoned strong minded players, I hate Willian but Jose loves him, and like Lucas works hard and we could rotate the 2, Meunier gives it his all when I see him, and is solid defensively, and Foster wouldn't be my first choice but he's free English and would start for us ATM, really think his presence would calm our defenders. My choice for Keeper would be Dmitrovic of Eibar, I've seen them only 7/8 times this season but he's incredible

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom