Toro Rosso Leipzig vs Tottenham Hotspur (10/3/20) (20:00 ko)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah, I might be off. But I think Hitchens, the youth guy (john something) whose names escapes me, manager, Levy. That Rebecca caplehorn(?) was in there too. Here it is

My bad. I mistakenly attributed it to you but it was Incomplete_usernam whose post I bookmarked. You roadmap of the Jose era was what I bookmarked from you. It was fucking accurate TBF...sadly.
That Rebecca Caplehorn might well be the fifth person I was thinking of from the AVB days that I spoke of earlier, just confusing her with Donna Cullen. You see what I mean about not being very inspiring football-wise - just what does a Head of Football Administration do anyway? What are the metrics by which her work is judged?

Great post by Incomplete mind, and what Norse said.

That Rebecca Caplehorn might well be the fifth person I was thinking of from the AVB days that I spoke of earlier, just confusing her with Donna Cullen. You see what I mean about not being very inspiring football-wise - just what does a Head of Football Administration do anyway? What are the metrics by which her work is judged?

Great post by Incomplete mind, and what Norse said.
I though she has only come since Poch arrived, after Baldini left. She sometimes sits with DL during the games. She's relatively young (40+/-) so she looks younger than his wife. I believe she does some negotiations as well before DL steps in. She's an MBA I believe. But again, this is all from memory so I could be just as wrong as I was in my earlier post.

Injuries. managerial changes aside. Look at the decline from 1 YEAR ago look at the comments from the chairman balancing books is the priority. It’s about a stadium and revenue rather than trophies and success. It’s a disgrace no one should be defending from owner/ chairman.

I though she has only come since Poch arrived, after Baldini left. She sometimes sits with DL during the games. She's relatively young (40+/-) so she looks younger than his wife. I believe she does some negotiations as well before DL steps in. She's an MBA I believe. But again, this is all from memory so I could be just as wrong as I was in my earlier post.
Ah, OK. Back to my Donna Cullen as the fifth (wo)man theory then.

It’s about a stadium and revenue rather than trophies and success. It’s a disgrace no one should be defending from owner/ chairman.
When the crowd are singing "By far the greatest team...", in Daniel's mind he's singing

And its the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
Tottenham Hotspur Stadium built by meeee
It's by far the most revenue-diverse entertainment hub
The world has ever seen

What 'new' knowns were there to be? It was just a reiteration of the known knowns ie how transfers work and the fact that nothing has changed. But the important point, and why I though I bookmarked it, was that even after the TC made there choices and rankings the list went to DL himself to 'get things stuck in the fax', 'lowball', etc.

Was that not the fucking post? Did I screw up again?

But DL is always going to be the one that signs off on cost and negotiates with the selling club’s chairman.

I mean, appointing a DOF isn't going to enhance any budget or make more money available for any deal.

A valuation will be put on a target, a budget will be set regardless.

Levy/ENIC have always invested profits in recruitment, my issue is more how clever we’ve been about it, not how much money we are spending.

Injuries. managerial changes aside. Look at the decline from 1 YEAR ago look at the comments from the chairman balancing books is the priority. It’s about a stadium and revenue rather than trophies and success. It’s a disgrace no one should be defending from owner/ chairman.

We spent more than 150m in that year, you muppet.

But DL is always going to be the one that signs off on cost and negotiates with the selling club’s chairman.

I mean, appointing a DOF isn't going to enhance any budget or make more money available for any deal.

A valuation will be put on a target, a budget will be set regardless.

Levy/ENIC have always invested profits in recruitment, my issue is more how clever we’ve been about it, not how much money we are spending.
OK. And when did you hear of me jumping on the big money/big transfers bandwagon? Shit, I was hoping to get 3 players from a relegated Guingamp for 20M FFS. And I agree with the fact that they don't do the 80% as effectively or cleverly as it could be done. Not being stereotypical but apparently have to go to Germany for that.

My issue is the repeated specious claims of Poch doing and being responsible for it. That's all that that report debunks. That's all I claimed it debunked. And it has been known knowns for as long as Bill Madrid Bill Madrid can remember Donna Cullen being there (it appears bill's got a thing for Donna but I won't tell).

And I have no idea if a 'budget will be set'. Going from the known knowns it seems those decisions happen at the last...when DL sees the player list to see 'what can be done'. Just going off the facts in evidence.

"The guy at the top is accountable. That’s how management works"
"Shareholders have an interest in the success of a business, but they are neither accountable or responsible"

Fair enough you blame the CEO, not the Owners ... but then just a few lines later

The buck stops with ENIC / Levy.

So despite having just separated responsibility you immediate put it all back together again - schizo much?

There is no question Levy as the CEO is the man ultimately responsible for Spurs success / failure off and on the pitch ... but provided ENIC have given him the tools to do that, facilities, staff, finances it's not then their responsibility, unless off course they were to allow consistent failure, so have they?

are you arguing that having just achieved our best EPL run in our history - four top fours in a row - that they are in fact allowing consistent failure? or are you just maybe getting a bit carried away with one bad season?

look I hear you and I am not trying to convince you that your view point is wrong. It is what it is.

To just go through this again as I see it: levy / ENIC is one in the same thing, difficult to separate.

It has been shit for well over a season mate, arguably it’s been heading significantly down since around December 18.

The problem I see is that in football if you stand still you go backwards and if you don’t plan a year in advance then you are not planning correctly, I’d like to understand why that was allowed to happen.

and more broadly there is the pattern of “rinse and repeat” that has existed over 20 years, it’s never been about just the last 4 / 5 years for me with ENIC.

some examples;

Hoddle - not backed and then sacked.

The way 2003/04 was written off for the arrival of Santini who lasted how many games? & Arsen who walked too after a year.

selling Defoe, Keane and Berbatov and getting a bloke who could not speak a word of English and Fraser Campbell as replacements, why ?

completely failing to back Harry and ultimately
sack Harry, for what exactly ? Achieving what Poch is martyred for! (and no I am not bashing Poch) 4/5/4 and sacked.....

the AVB farce that followed. Mouthino anyone?

Tim Sherwood and writing off another fucking season, in fact the way Sherwood was treated as an employee was ridiculous, ok fans did not like it want him, but Jesus his youth record and first team record was really good.

None of these above are crimes against football, but each one of them were cluster fuck situations that were totally avoidable and pretty damaging.

And to add to my sense of ill will I heard today that Paul Mitchell and his little black box is head of recruitment at RBL, that’s another mystery situation Mr Levy never answered.

now, again, I am also sure they have done some
good things and are deserving of praise. The truth will be in the middle of our disagreements not on either side.

Back
Top Bottom